GSlide 0.3 - Now with MortSupport :)

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Everyone

Try my new GSlide version which has built in MortScript plugin support

http://81.93.138.210/GSlide

I bet you can make some cool things with this

Also please try to make some skins. Still have some bugs in the skinning support but it works pretty well

Give me comments!

Ciao,
Lars

27th August 2008, 08:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
hallo, just found this. a smooth and fast fingerfriendly file explorer. very good.
but here are my problems:
- can´t open a txt-file file or xml file, but need a text editor, is it possible to link these files to totalcommander ?
- the app crashes (unexpected error)when i try to open the "windows" folder and "own videos"-folder ?
- what are these functions/apps at the right bottom ?
thanks for help. if you want i can do a skin for it.
27th August 2008, 09:16 AM |#3  
Retired Moderator
Flag Jerusalem
Thanks Meter: 332

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemetalaxe

hallo, just found this. a smooth and fast fingerfriendly file explorer. very good.
but here are my problems:
- can´t open a txt-file file or xml file, but need a text editor, is it possible to link these files to totalcommander ?
- the app crashes (unexpected error)when i try to open the "windows" folder and "own videos"-folder ?
- what are these functions/apps at the right bottom ?
thanks for help. if you want i can do a skin for it.

It actually used Word Mobile by default when i tried openning a text file.

it runs very very smoothly. nice interface. very simple and straightforward.
obviously just a beginning as there's no copy, paste, cut... advanced config and other options. maybe a small kinetic toolbar throttlelauncher like with the most important actions on it?... just throwing stuff in the air.

very very cool.
27th August 2008, 12:52 PM |#4  

More
nice start...

implement what already been stated + maybe some smoother transitions.
27th August 2008, 01:10 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 391

More
I love your program. It'll probably be a free alternative for Resco Explorer in the future. Keep developing and listen to user feedback.

One feaute request: I'd like to have the option of row height. This program will mainly be used with thumbs and not everyone has the same thumb size.
27th August 2008, 01:34 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
@nir: i know i can open txt-file with word but i rewrite xmls and txt-files for programming.
anyone elso has a crash when opening windows folder ?
27th August 2008, 03:21 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Gothenburg

More
Hi

Thanks for your feedback!

First of all, replace the old installation with the new 0.3 version.

Regarding opening files:

By default GSlide uses shell execute, which is to say the default windows association for the file type.
By adding the MortSupport feature i have made it possible for you to add custom actions by writing or modifying scripts in the actions folder. Read more on the site

GSlide has problems with large folders such as the windows folder. The memory runs out. This can be handled by paging the directory (splitting it up into several pages).

Regarding errors for the context shortcuts, its mostly due to different file paths in the operating system. In the swedish version for example My Documents is called Mina Dokument... Go to the /GSlide/actions/ folder and edit the "GSlidePath.mscr.inc" file which is the place where all system paths are stored. There you can change the paths according to your config.

Regarding skins:

Lot of updates have been made such as,
- row height
- background color
- font
- font weight
- etc...

I will keep updating GSlide with many cool things Help me to write cool script actions! Post to web maybe?

Dont forget to use the latest version!

Ciao,
Lars
28th August 2008, 01:14 PM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Gothenburg

More
New API script for all GSliders :)
I made a new, more logical API include to make developing of actions easier.
I have also added a "copy file" and "delete file" action as proof-of-concept.
the GSlideAPI script is pretty nifty if I might say so it implements a Object-Oriented looking code style to MortScript. check it out

Ciao
28th August 2008, 01:47 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Just tried it and it seems to run pretty smooth. I am sure this is just the beginning for this app. With time this could be something very useful and great. Good job so far
28th August 2008, 04:31 PM |#10  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Some suggestions for new versions:
- possibility to show the taskbar
- scrolling looks good, BUT it is a little bit difficult to stop the list and click on the right file - perhaps you could build in a gesture to stop (e.g. short tap on screen => stop)
- of course such basic things like "rename", "send" etc. (file size...)

BUT GREAT WORK! GSlide is a tool which fills another gap for a fingerfriendly Windows Mobile

Thx

Melkor
28th August 2008, 07:03 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
edit: Nevermind
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
explorer, iphone, kinetic, mortscript, slide

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)