FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HP 610c/612c/614c Wm6.1 5.2.20273

313 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By Zoltair Wright, Senior Member on 29th August 2008, 04:04 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
EDIT: sorry about the wait! i've uploaded the new ROM here.

also available here. it's based on the newest HP OEM ROM, 1.01.04.

if you download from the original forum, you need to register first. password is pdaclan.com. i'd upload the file myself, but i'm at an internet cafe and have to go, sorry!

29th August 2008, 04:11 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Nashville, USA

More
to flash this ROM:

1) unrar the file flash.dio using pw "pdaclan.com"
2) copy the file to an micro sd card formatted to FAT 16. do NOT use an SDHC card, the bootloader can't read it!
3) insert the card into your 610/612/614. while it's still off, hold down the voice record (left side) and mute (top) buttons
4) still holding the buttons, hit the power button. hold them until you see the bootloader start up
5) sit back and relax! i'd recommend that you don't touch anything until it's totally finished and the screen comes up telling you to calibrate the touchscreen. enjoy windows mobile 6.1!

as usual, you use this at your own risk. don't come crying to me if you brick your phone. for the record, i've flashed this and it's working fine so far.
30th August 2008, 06:10 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
any feedbacks on anyone who flashed theirs with this rom ?
30th August 2008, 07:04 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i wouldnt mind to test it if i would be able to login to that funny chineese website.
asks for some code.

ok managed to login....

look like it has chineese programs on it. nor really useful
31st August 2008, 12:09 AM |#5  
Flag Austria

More
it HAS chines progs on it and is a mixture of the newest Samsung I908 WM 6.1 ported for the ipaq 61x in english with chinese parts in it.....not so usefull yet.
Installed it for testing - absolutely stable and FAST!
4th September 2008, 04:29 PM |#6  

More
Have anyone test this ROM and publish the report
4th September 2008, 04:56 PM |#7  

More
I have checked the link given by Zoltair
It is actually "HP612_WM6.1_OS 5.2.20273 EN ROM"
I wonder it has driver and software for camera. I think the difference of 612/614 and 612c/614c is the camera, isn't it ?

BTW the pw is "PDAclan.com" not "pdaclan.com"
7th September 2008, 03:52 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltair Wright

to flash this ROM:

1) unrar the file flash.dio using pw "pdaclan.com"
2) copy the file to an micro sd card formatted to FAT 16. do NOT use an SDHC card, the bootloader can't read it!
3) insert the card into your 610/612/614. while it's still off, hold down the voice record (left side) and mute (top) buttons
4) still holding the buttons, hit the power button. hold them until you see the bootloader start up
5) sit back and relax! i'd recommend that you don't touch anything until it's totally finished and the screen comes up telling you to calibrate the touchscreen. enjoy windows mobile 6.1!

as usual, you use this at your own risk. don't come crying to me if you brick your phone. for the record, i've flashed this and it's working fine so far.

anyone knows if the smart navigation wheel still works after flashing to this rom ?
11th September 2008, 02:36 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltair Wright

EDIT: sorry about the wait! i've uploaded the new ROM here.

also available here. it's based on the newest HP OEM ROM, 1.01.04.

if you download from the original forum, you need to register first. password is pdaclan.com. i'd upload the file myself, but i'm at an internet cafe and have to go, sorry!

Can you post other new roms from this site.
http://pdaclan.com/thread-18056-1-1.html for example
Im not good with babelfish.

Currently using Yveg001s rom http://forum.israpda.com/viewtopic.php?p=63406#p63406 big diffrence in speed and battery life from old stock version of wm6.0
Also flashed radio with rom from HP site that is become unavailable at this time. (whole system flash with "official" HP update WM6 an then with 20270.1.3.1)
11th September 2008, 08:10 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Nashville, USA

More
@Grga001: Do you want links to the English ROMs or all of them? The one you linked to is in Chinese. It's the newest, but the English version for 20737 isn't out yet.
12th September 2008, 12:54 AM |#11  

More
Hi,

I really think a clean web page that translated in English should be created for all the roms developed by the israpda.com or pdaclan guys. but that's just my opinion.

Even if its not translated it would be easier to translate a page as oppose to a forum.

It would be nice to understand which is the latest rom and which one is better or what the differences are between the one from PDAclan.com and israpda.com

Thanks
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread