FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] SensorLock [Updated 2008 Oct 22 with v0.4.0]

88 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By surfsmurf, Member on 2nd September 2008, 05:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Latest version is 0.4.0 Get it from SourceForge

If you want to make sure I get your bug report please follow this link.

You can show your support for this project by becoming a fan on Facebook.

Due to requests I also accept donations, but there's no pressure to donate - I'm really writing this one for myself. If you still feel like donating, you can do so through SourceForge. I prefer SourceForge as part of the money received will go to my chosen charity (The Electronic Frontier Foundation - they do great work) but if you do not want to sign up for yet another account you can also donate through PayPal:

Donations received
$20 - scolling (sf.net)
€10 - mr_boombastick0
€10 - benson-blair
$10 - godwaldt (sf.net)
$10 - anderuso (sf.net)
$10 - tehpenguin (sf.net)
€5 - brooknam
$5 - ihanroskaa (sf.net)

Update 2008 Oct 22
Version 0.4.0 was released today. I'm sorry to say that this will be the last time I announce new versions on this forum - I simply don't have the time to keep up to date due to other business. The people here have provided a lot of useful bug reports and some great suggestions (and some odd ones ) for which I'm thankful. I've tried to reciprocate by implementing as many of them as I can. I invite you to keep posting bugs and suggestions in the tracker at SourceForge. I would love to get some more information on the communication bug where SensorLock seems to disable Bluetooth and other connections. If you experience this bug, please post device model, ROM version and, if possible, the list of installed applications so I can try to recreate the environment in which this happens.

The complete list of improvements this release brings:
  • Added gesture recorder, gestures can now be user defined.
  • When stylus is pulled out when device is asleep, autolock no longer locks the device.
  • Autolock everything no longer displays the message to shut down the phone when switching on the phone.
  • The notification padlock icon is now optional and may be disabled in the control panel.

Update 2008 Oct 8
Version 0.3.4 was released today. This release fixes many of the more exotic corner cases people have experienced. I hope this will be the most useful version yet, thanks for all the reports and suggestions!

Progress on the gesture editing is steady and I hope the next version released will be 0.4.0.

The complete list of improvements this release brings:
  • Added notification icon.
  • When the "Unlock phone when call is connected" is turned on, autolock operation is now disabled when a call is in progress.
  • Decreased background thread priorities - please report if this fixes the WiFi and GPS issues.
  • Fixed bug where the phone would sometimes need a soft reset when using the "lock everything" option.
  • When screen is turned off while everything is locked, the hardware keys are now enabled so it's possible to turn the phone back on without soft resetting.
  • Fixed bug where autolock on resume would sometimes stop working.
  • Autolock on resume now works when turning on the device just after turning it off.
  • Data connections are now ignored and no longer cause autolock events.
  • Replaced option to only autolock on incoming call with seperate options for autolock when resuming and autolock when resuming due to an incoming call.

Older updates deleted
You can still view the changelog here.

2nd September 2008, 06:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Awesome app! works great!
2nd September 2008, 06:11 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
nice idea! an auto-lock when the device stands by or the screen goes off (selectable..) could be very useful!
2nd September 2008, 06:17 PM |#4  
Flag Bucharest

More
:)
supeeeeeeeer FINE
2nd September 2008, 06:25 PM |#5  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Insanely Cooool.

Thanks man this is really ground breaking!
2nd September 2008, 06:32 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Great program! But with calls, can't u reprogram that it dont lock with a phone call??
2nd September 2008, 06:38 PM |#7  

More
Thank you for this beautiful program! I find it very useful.

But i thought that mosly accidental-pocket-picking-up-the-phone happens because of touch screen, not because of bottons. will it be possible to release answer and end botton on incoming call???

And may be there is no need to lock power botton, so you can turn standby mode after sensorlocking the beautiful HTC Diamond??? without waiting for automatic standby.

Once again! thank you!!! It's GREAT!
2nd September 2008, 06:43 PM |#8  

More
ou. and one thing more! is it necessary to use different directions to lock and unlock the device! may be it is better to make locking and unlocking time after time! so if i've rotated Diam once (clockwise or couter whatever) - it's locked. second time - unlocked.

I think it will be better!

Thank you once more time:)
2nd September 2008, 09:14 PM |#9  

More
Very Nice APP!!!

But is it necessary to use the Off Key to switch off the Device if its locked?
2nd September 2008, 09:21 PM |#10  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Amazing work. Great job!
2nd September 2008, 09:27 PM |#11  

More
very good, thx!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)