FORUMS

Official Verizon Wireless GPS/aGPS Discussion Thread

1,812 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By gc14, Senior Member on 30th June 2008, 04:39 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Please post all discussion/issues/comments regarding Verizon Wireless GPS/aGPS in this thread.
3rd September 2008, 07:51 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

More
VZW GPS Discussion Thread
I finally got it.

VZW AGPS INSTANT LOCKS.

Tested to work on any custom GPS rom/radio pair. Now also working with the MR1 update thanks to Skywing.

Persists through all flashes of the OS Rom and Radio. Works with both PRI 1.35_002 and 2.03_002, though it does NOT persist through a PRI change. It will have to be re-applied after, and Location On will have to be reset.

Complete tutorial can now be found in the wiki here:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix
3rd September 2008, 07:53 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Well done!

What is the default IP for Verizon? I changed that IP so many times

Edit: Instant lock 6 - 8 satellites in a building where I would never get any. Outside my phone connected fine after 15 - 20 seconds. No I am getting instant locks. Excellent GC, very good work on this one!
3rd September 2008, 07:56 PM |#4  
Flag Fly Over Country
Thanks Meter: 14

More
You are the man gc, patience is a virtue
3rd September 2008, 08:22 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
LOL you had to ask for this just AS I FLASHED UP!

im such a good tester too
3rd September 2008, 08:24 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Great job.
That's amazing!! Well done and thank you for all the hard work. I would love to test it out!
3rd September 2008, 08:29 PM |#7  

More
You have PM.
3rd September 2008, 08:34 PM |#8  

More
Quick Question
For the less then patient of us who were dumb enough to flash the new update with the PRI from hell, what is the best prep path for this long awaited aGPS update.

I have waited to see what the best cure is and I am less then convinced which method to use.

GC Rules!!!!

I am humbled by your wisdom.
3rd September 2008, 08:43 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
For those needing the stock info look to the GPS FAQ on this site.
3rd September 2008, 08:43 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

More
No need to pm me anymore...I've posted the instructions.
3rd September 2008, 08:45 PM |#11  

More
A lil bit of an acknowledgement would have been nice unless you got the PDE addressing information from someone else :)

That being said, can you verify for certain that there is a difference from using the nvram-supplied PDE data? My testing on the MR1 firmware has not yielded any differences yet on the standard interface. I suspect that it might be worth a try putting on the GPS intermediate driver module from that ROM instead of the one with the challenge/handshake obfuscation built into it.

Before I poke around with that, however, it would be nice to verify that the PDE I gave you does indeed have an effect that cannot be written off as warm-start standalone GPS, and that it doesn't require a VZ Navigator provisioning.

Edit:
You may be able to test this by putting the phone on Wi-Fi and seeing if there's any change, as the PDE is not accessible out of Verizon IP ranges (furthermore, VZ Navigator chokes if you put it on Wi-Fi).
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps, gps issues, gps problem, verizon, vx6900
Previous Thread Next Thread