FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Kaiser Stuck at Bootloader (aka Tri Color or Red, Green, Blue Screen)? Solutions Here

8,771 posts
Thanks Meter: 463

By DaveShaw, Senior Moderator Emeritus + Wiki Bureaucrat on 4th September 2008, 03:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Before someone comes and flames me for creating a new thread (*hide from DaveShaw*) let me explain:

I have created a Wiki page for users who are stuck at the SPL (a.k.a Bootloader, Tri-Colour screen etc.):

This has helped out a number of users who have become stuck at the SPL but every day I see more and more users getting stuck and creating new thread, or going off topic in other threads.

What to do if you get stuck:
  • Read the Wiki Page and follow the advice: Kaiser_stuck_at_bootloader
  • If you have tried all the steps in the wiki and still have a problem, read the feedback from other users in this thread and any advice I give out in this thread.
  • If you are still having problems please post all the details you can about what you have done and what version ROM / Radio / SPL you are running in this thread.

Credits:
Everyone I credited in the Wiki page.
mrdo who followed my advice and donated.
P1Tater for stickying this thread.
cmonex who seems to teach me something each day.

Thanks
Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveShaw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaveShaw Ad-Free

4th September 2008, 03:57 PM |#2  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag In UR Head
Thanks Meter: 676

More
Nice thread. Worth a sticky since it seems to be happening quite frequently lately
The Following User Says Thank You to P1Tater For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift P1Tater Ad-Free
4th September 2008, 10:13 PM |#3  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,396

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1Tater

Nice thread. Worth a sticky since it seems to be happening quite frequently lately

Thanks to much I have learned from Master Jocky_W, I am currently working on hacking o a couple of Jockey's new HardSPL's into MFG variations. This will allow for the checking, formatting & fixing of OS flash memory blocks.

I am just about done I think, & then off to Jock it will go for his comments & keen eye.
The Following User Says Thank You to GSLEON3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GSLEON3 Ad-Free
4th September 2008, 10:18 PM |#4  
OP Senior Moderator Emeritus + Wiki Bureaucrat
Flag Huddersfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

Thanks to much I have learned from Master Jocky_W, I am currently working on hacking o a couple of Jockey's new HardSPL's into MFG variations. This will allow for the checking, formatting & fixing of OS flash memory blocks.

I am just about done I think, & then off to Jock it will go for his comments & keen eye.

Nice one, I was thinking MFG 3.* HardSPL would be good, but I assumed there was a good reason for them not to exist. Little did I know that's where you were hiding

Great work.

Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveShaw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaveShaw Ad-Free
5th September 2008, 01:16 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Good idea with this thread, congratulations.
Just to add something useful for the thread, here is my tip: (for n00bs, or a "newbie-n00bs" since I consider myself a n00b too )

No matter what, DON'T PANIC.
If your phone boots at least partially (the bootloader starts and shows R/G/D versions) maybe its not that bad
I've flashed few times "bad ROMs" and my phone stucked on bootloader. Luckily none of them was that bad that I couldn't recover from it.
What I do first:
disconnect the phone from anything you had it connected to,
and go into bootloader mode (camera button + reset with stylus).
It will show the tricolor+white screen, SPL version on the top and "Serial" at the bottom.
Plug in your USB cable.
If the "Serial" will change into "USB" at the bottom, you are most likely ready to fix the problem
- so flash your phone with new clean ROM now (I would go with clean stock ROM including radio as well)
oh, and don't worry about the ActiveSync info that may be displayed by the RUU app, because you are already in bootloader mode (RUU or KaiserCustomRUU etc, at first disconnects AS in order to set your phone in bootloader mode, thats why the warnings about AS being "green" etc)
HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to -888- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -888- Ad-Free
5th September 2008, 08:12 AM |#6  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 45

More
this one isn't covered!
I go right to bootlader and see RUUNBH upper right!
my SPL is 3.56.hard
CPLD-8

I would flash my stock rom BUT i cant get a usb connection to work at all!
mtty doen't work at all!

hmm?!?!?!??

HELP, please!
The Following User Says Thank You to OrrinS1189 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OrrinS1189 Ad-Free
5th September 2008, 09:32 AM |#7  
Flag Huddersfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrinS1189

I go right to bootlader and see RUUNBH upper right!
my SPL is 3.56.hard
CPLD-8

I would flash my stock rom BUT i cant get a usb connection to work at all!
mtty doen't work at all!

hmm?!?!?!??

HELP, please!

Does "USB" show in the bootloader when you connect the USB plug or not?

Dave
5th September 2008, 11:56 AM |#8  
Flag Baltimore

More
yep
yes, those words DO change. But nothing can be done on my PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to OrrinS1189 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OrrinS1189 Ad-Free
5th September 2008, 12:01 PM |#9  
Flag Huddersfield

More
Quote:

yes, those words DO change. But nothing can be done on my PC.

Have you done the following to get MTTY to work?

* Download mtty.exe
* Disable activesync (connection settings -> uncheck "allow usb connections")
* Connect your Kaiser to PC using USB cable.
* Open mtty, select USB port and click OK.
* Hit ENTER twice, you should see the "Cmd>" prompt.
* Type the command "boot".

Are you using Vista or XP?

Dave
5th September 2008, 05:06 PM |#10  
Flag Baltimore

More
yes again!
i have disabled usb connections through active synch and killed ALL the mobile processes through task mngr. Still, usb port cannot be opened through mtty!
it's crazy! =[

also, when i plug in my tilt, i get a beep beep beep from my PC saying failure to cconnect to hardware. =[

VISTA!!!
5th September 2008, 05:20 PM |#11  
Flag Huddersfield

More
Quote:

i have disabled usb connections through active synch and killed ALL the mobile processes through task mngr. Still, usb port cannot be opened through mtty!
it's crazy! =[

also, when i plug in my tilt, i get a beep beep beep from my PC saying failure to cconnect to hardware. =[

VISTA!!!

I'm leaving work now, but can you trying flashing your carrier ROM from the SD card, that might do it.

Also, try the attached MTTY.

If that don't work, can you find a Windows XP Machince and try the normal MTTY method.

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: zip mtty_0513_Test.zip - [Click for QR Code] (553.7 KB, 1043 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)