FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Samsung SCH-M480 English WWE WM6.1 PDA Rom is Here!

453 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By EFN, Senior Member on 7th September 2008, 02:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Note: This Rom is purely intended for the Korean release Samsung SCH-M480 and SHOULD NEVER be used on a i780 - it will surely brick your i780 if you try.

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?45541kvnyal

Flashing Guide (Similar to i780):
- Use Mirage Updater
- This rom is for the PDA part ONLY
- Your SCH-M480 should use the original eBoot & PDA (DON'T USE i780 eBoot & PDA because they are meant for WCDMA models)

Note:
I don't have a SCH-M480 myself so I can't test the rom on my i780. But the XIP and OEMDrivers are all using the official SCH-M480 WM6.1. Feedbacks are welcomed

Cheers.
7th September 2008, 10:31 PM |#2  

More
Thanks EFN!!

Does anyone know where I can get an m480 eboot and phone bin/rom?

I bricked my phone by putting i780 eboot on it.

If I can make my computer think its an m480 the Samsung software that comes with the phone will update it to the newest eboot/phone/pda version. I can not currently do this because my computer see's it as a i780 insteed of a m480 now and the software will only work with m480.

Thanks for any help!

Mavin
11th September 2008, 12:58 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I live in Korea now! and I'm going to buy M480 next week!

anybody try this ROM, pls feedback!
Hope everyone success!!
11th September 2008, 04:19 PM |#4  

More
Can I using this ROM for M480 WCDMA version??

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
11th September 2008, 04:56 PM |#5  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 273

Donate to Me
More
I am confused, and hope you don't mind me asking. Why do you need to develop a rom for sch-m480 when you have the official WM6.1 rom?
12th September 2008, 01:40 AM |#6  

More
Because Offical WM6.1 in KOREAN!! so he developed to change it to ENglish!
I think so.
18th September 2008, 07:17 PM |#7  

More
Need SCH-M480 in English Also
I have the same problem as others. I live in Korea but don't speak it well enough to properly use my SCH-480.

But I really want a phone with WinMobile. I had this in the US and would really like it here.

But I am absolutely new to this. I don't know what a ROM or dump, etc. is. Can you all tell me how this works? Is this download like a patch or something?

Also, does any other owners of the M480 have trouble using ActiveSynch. I keep getting an error code - 0x80070490.

Clearly this is a good phone, but it is frustratingly difficult. I am on the verge of throwing it out. I have no idea what that error code means and the Samsung people refused to out in an English OS even though I requested it before I bought the phone and offered them W200,000 to fix it after I got it.

Thanks.
Advice would be great
19th September 2008, 04:00 AM |#8  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 273

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Homer

I have the same problem as others. I live in Korea but don't speak it well enough to properly use my SCH-480.

But I really want a phone with WinMobile. I had this in the US and would really like it here.

But I am absolutely new to this. I don't know what a ROM or dump, etc. is. Can you all tell me how this works? Is this download like a patch or something?

Also, does any other owners of the M480 have trouble using ActiveSynch. I keep getting an error code - 0x80070490.

Clearly this is a good phone, but it is frustratingly difficult. I am on the verge of throwing it out. I have no idea what that error code means and the Samsung people refused to out in an English OS even though I requested it before I bought the phone and offered them W200,000 to fix it after I got it.

Thanks.
Advice would be great

First off, welcome to xda developers.

Let me explain to you on the terms:

ROM - Read only memory. This is where the operating system (OS) is stored, plus some important applications like Mobile Office, etc... Any software that is stored in this ROM will not be erased through a hard reset.

Dump - A dump is getting what is inside the ROM into your PC. This contains all the applications / OS software.

The above is a flashable binary file to be put into your device rom. To do that you will need to use Mirage Updater program to "flash" it into your device. Note that the above is only for your pda portion of your device. You will need to select the appropriate option to do a flash properly.

Regarding your activesync, I believe the error occur when you are using vista, and you should update your vista download center in your PC. I didn't encounter this problem as I am still using XP.

Above is just a very brief explanation. To learn more, perhaps you can try to google what you want to know, and in the process, getting to know more about your device.

Hope this helps.
26th September 2008, 05:49 AM |#9  

More
not working
Has anyone got this ROM to work?

When I flashed it, it saved and restarted and then came up with a blank screen and the top left light lit up green, like it is hanging on something. Power button stops working and have to talk the battery out to shut it off.

As a test I installed the i780 ROM and got the same exact thing.

Any ideas?

Any one have success with it?

Does any one have a raw dump for the M480?

thanks!
Mavin
7th October 2008, 03:30 PM |#10  

More
m480 Room
Hi,

This is my first trial to dump a ROM, so I hope I did it right. This is from my new M480

Part00.raw Part01.raw Part02 are in the link below

http://rapidshare.com/files/151729376/m480.zip.html

I am planning on testing the English ROM sometime this week.

Will keep you posted on the result.
11th November 2008, 06:32 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFN

Note: This Rom is purely intended for the Korean release Samsung SCH-M480 and SHOULD NEVER be used on a i780 - it will surely brick your i780 if you try.

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?45541kvnyal

Flashing Guide (Similar to i780):
- Use Mirage Updater
- This rom is for the PDA part ONLY
- Your SCH-M480 should use the original eBoot & PDA (DON'T USE i780 eBoot & PDA because they are meant for WCDMA models)

Note:
I don't have a SCH-M480 myself so I can't test the rom on my i780. But the XIP and OEMDrivers are all using the official SCH-M480 WM6.1. Feedbacks are welcomed

Cheers.

how to switch Emergency mode for M480
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)