FORUMS

[BUG] Unresponsive device after overnight / long charge

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By hugo5, Member on 12th September 2008, 05:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Greetings!

As mentioined in the first post of this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=issue+list I have encountered similar problems.

I own my TP for 3 days (2 nights) and on both mornings after being charged over the night the TP was absolutely unresponsive and only to be awakened by a soft reset. It couldn't receive calls, and the alarm of course didn't work also (so I missed one this morning - but wasn't late at work) Anyway, this is a serious issue to me, since it makes the phone absolutely unreliable. And I am not in favor of doing regular hard resets by the way ...

Help on this would be really appreciated.

Greetings, hugo
12th September 2008, 09:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mine does this everyday, but have you tried pressing one of the buttons like the home button, I know nothing happens for a minute but then it comes back to life with out the need for a soft reset
12th September 2008, 09:54 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Haven't tried ...
Well, I haven't tried pressing a button and waiting, but this is not exactly the behavior, to expect from a phone of this kind. You see this wouldn't solve the Problem of not being reachable by phone and missing appointments. In fact I don't know, that how long I was unreachable on phone and in my profession this isn't just disturbing but unacceptable.

Hugo
12th September 2008, 10:07 PM |#4  

More
I've had the same problem, not every time it's charged, but enough times to be a problem. I've switched off TF3D (Start, Settings, Today, Items, untick TouchFLO 3D, tick some standard items).

The problem has gone. Of course, so has TouchFLO.

Cheers,
Graham.
12th September 2008, 10:26 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham.hughes

The problem has gone. Of course, so has TouchFLO.

This could be of course a last resort, but TouchFlo is quite nice to use (although I cannot get TF to use PocketInformant as calendar app, although it is defined as standard - the original MS calendar app must be hardcoded somwhere ...). And of course as TF is one of the main features of this phone a great amount of it's costs are caused by that software. So if I couldn't use it, the phone would loose a lot of it's value.

Isn't there a sort of event log in wm6.1 to see, which event crashes the system?

Hugo
12th September 2008, 10:47 PM |#6  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 30

Donate to Me
More
I get a similar problem in that I lose all sound overnight, so I too miss my alarms. I also get no sound through the earpiece so, although it vibrates when it is supposed to be ringing, I cannot speak on the phone as I cannot hear the other person, and it seems they cannot hear me either, so it obviously affects the microphone as well. I have done a hard reset but it still happens, so it's definitely a bug with TF3D. I know this because if I try to play one of my music tracks using the music tab in TF3D, it plays for about 5-6 seconds (obviously with no sound) and then it crashes TF3D and restarts itself, which sorts the sound issue out. No need for a soft reset here but it's still unacceptable as my alarms are useless, and for £500+ I don't expect such a stupid flaw in the software. Hopefully, a ROM upgrade will sort this out, but when that will be is anyone's guess at the moment.
13th September 2008, 12:48 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmaneyre

...so it's definitely a bug with TF3D.

That's also my conclusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmaneyre

Hopefully, a ROM upgrade will sort this out

I think that's what we have to wait for. Until then, it's a choice between bland-but-working or cute-but-unreliable.
13th September 2008, 01:56 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 277

More
have you tried any of these little mem resident babys to get your ram back and kill bad things while it sleeps

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2136914
13th September 2008, 06:06 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Hmm...I'm just wondering why not more people are reporting this? Anyone NOT experiencing this problem?
13th September 2008, 06:21 AM |#10  

More
Not till now I didn't
Using Stock ROM
13th September 2008, 09:54 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
I am more and more convicee, that TF3D is quite a buggy piece of software (Aussen hui - innen pfui!). Additionaly to the described above, I got a "broken glass" effect yesterday.

I sure do hope, that HTC releases a ROM update soon, although up until now the Touch Pro isn't even listed on HTC's german support pages.

Maybe I'll give SPB mobile shell a try ...

Hugo
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bug, charge, overnight, unresponsive

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)