[APP][27 April 2011] GRemote Pro v1.5.12 -shortcuts for profiles

Search This thread

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
When I start GRemote Pro over Wifi, my bluetooth gets activated on my phone as well (which I don't want)...I can't find a setting to disable bluetooth...on the Windows PC the server says "bluetooth disabled"...what am I missing?

Probably you have HD2 or TP2 and this is known bug in bluetooth library occurs only in Widcomm bluetooth stack. We are waiting for library update and we hope it will be fixed.
On Pc you see information about bluetooth on the PC side. So if you get information that it is dissabled that means you don't have BT device or your stack is not one of:

• BlueSoleil (1.6 or higher)
  • Microsoft (native Windows XP SP2 or higher bluetooth drivers)
  • Toshiba (4.2 or higher)
  • WidComm (5.1.0.1100 or higher)
Regards,
Marcin.

pdawg17

Apr 3, 2008
Probably you have HD2 or TP2 and this is known bug in bluetooth library occurs only in Widcomm bluetooth stack. We are waiting for library update and we hope it will be fixed.
On Pc you see information about bluetooth on the PC side. So if you get information that it is dissabled that means you don't have BT device or your stack is not one of:

• BlueSoleil (1.6 or higher)
  • Microsoft (native Windows XP SP2 or higher bluetooth drivers)
  • Toshiba (4.2 or higher)
  • WidComm (5.1.0.1100 or higher)
Regards,
Marcin.

Yes I have a TP2...so nothing I can do for now as a workaround?

nicky-xda

Jan 23, 2010
I have the same problem with Bluetooth starting automatically on my HD2 although i only want to connect by WiFi and have the WiFi profile set as default?

how can auto-starting of Bluetooth be prevented?

Last edited:

MixerNoMore

Jan 18, 2010
Arnhem
I don't use Winamp and would love to see the explorer customizable. Why not make it so that I can either choose between my players (WMP, WMC & VLC) or set it to WMP as default?

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
I don't use Winamp and would love to see the explorer customizable. Why not make it so that I can either choose between my players (WMP, WMC & VLC) or set it to WMP as default?
I agree with you and I want to add support for other players to but need more time. This idea need to wait but will be coded as soon as posible because it will be useful for many users. Thanks for feedback.

Best regards,
Marcin.

nicky-xda

Jan 23, 2010
Probably you have HD2 or TP2 and this is known bug in bluetooth library occurs only in Widcomm bluetooth stack. We are waiting for library update and we hope it will be fixed. .....
Regards,
Marcin.

A bug in bluetooth stack? I do not quite understand.
Bluetooth does not start by itself, it gets invoked by GRemote on my HD2 although i do not have bluetooth installed on my PC and do not want to use it.

MixerNoMore

Jan 18, 2010
Arnhem
I agree with you and I want to add support for other players to but need more time. This idea need to wait but will be coded as soon as posible because it will be useful for many users. Thanks for feedback.

Best regards,
Marcin.

Sounds good and good luck with it. I'll be sure to buy the pro version when WMP/WMC/VLC support is fixed. :D

Ryan Cordero

Aug 6, 2009
On the gmedia pro screen, online there is an a/b/c at the bottom. I only have a and b, how can I add the extra button? I need it for SageTV.

shiltz

Nov 12, 2008
Please try to run wizard again and select Default configuration. In most cases situation like yours happened because of broken configuration file. What antivirus so you have?

Regards,
Marcin.

I have AVG free, I disabled it and ran the wizard again and that seemed to work as most thing look like they are working now, thanks.

Cyberdyne

May 29, 2006
Hi Marcin!

It took a long time but now I am back again and I started testing the new GRemote Pro 1.4.5.

I found 2 problems till now:

1. GRemote Pro 1.4.5 still does not work with the BT stack of my HP Mini-Note 2133 (Broadcom 5.1.0.4800). Wasn't Widcomm bought by Broadcom or the other way round? Isn't WidComm and Broadcom the same driver? Minimum requirement for WidComm is version 5.1.0.1100, right? So, 5.1.0.4800 would be OK if it would be WidComm and not Broadcom, right? Is there realy a difference or is the name "WidComm" somehow hardcoded and thats the reason why Broadcom drivers are not supported?

2. When I start Winamp with an empty playlist and tap the titelbar ("Tap here to play") in the Winamp applet the "Open File(s)"-window from Winamp pops up. As long as this window is open the GRemote client tells me that it has lost connection. As soon as I close the window connection is fine again. I opened the window by hand and no connection problem occured. It seems to be a bug in the GRemote Winamp applet. Normaly tapping the topbar while Winamp is running will start/stop playback. If the playlist is emty Winamp cannot start any song and will popup the window but the applet seems to wait for some kind of feedback and with the open window it seems to think that the connection is broken. I am not sure about that but that's how it looks like.

Cheers,
Cyberdyne

Last edited:

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
Hi again!

Hi Marcin!

It took a long time but now I am back again and I started testing the new GRemote Pro 1.4.5.

I found 2 problems till now:

1. GRemote Pro 1.4.5 still does not work with the BT stack of my HP Mini-Note 2133 (Broadcom 5.1.0.4800). Wasn't Widcomm bought by Broadcom or the other way round? Isn't WidComm and Broadcom the same driver? Minimum requirement for WidComm is version 5.1.0.1100, right? So, 5.1.0.4800 would be OK if it would be WidComm and not Broadcom, right? Is there realy a difference or is the name "WidComm" somehow hardcoded and thats the reason why Broadcom drivers are not supported?

I will try to update PC bluetooth library and will send you new version, but it should works on your stack. I will try to make a beta and we will check it on your system.

2. When I start Winamp with an empty playlist and tap the titelbar ("Tap here to play") in the Winamp applet the "Open File(s)"-window from Winamp pops up. As long as this window is open the GRemote client tells me that it has lost connection. As soon as I close the window connection is fine again. I opened the window by hand and no connection problem occured. It seems to be a bug in the GRemote Winamp applet. Normaly tapping the topbar while Winamp is running will start/stop playback. If the playlist is emty Winamp cannot start any song and will popup the window but the applet seems to wait for some kind of feedback and with the open window it seems to think that the connection is broken. I am not sure about that but that's how it looks like.

Cheers,
Cyberdyne

Second looks like but and need to be fixed.

Thanks for grate feedback!

Regards,
Marcin.

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
HD2 + bluetooth now should works better.

Hi,
I've made some modifications ralated with bluetooth and Widcomm stack and now should work better on Hd2 and TP2. If you don't use BT the application should not enable BT radio. There is only one bug, if you are using BT on this devices the GRemote will not disable it on exit.

If you have HD2 or TP2 plaase test it and give us any feedback. User with other devices can test it too, it should works as before.

Regards,
Marcin.

Attachments

• GRemoteProSetup.CAB
    4.6 MB · Views: 49

pdawg17

Apr 3, 2008
Hi,
I've made some modifications ralated with bluetooth and Widcomm stack and now should work better on Hd2 and TP2. If you don't use BT the application should not enable BT radio. There is only one bug, if you are using BT on this devices the GRemote will not disable it on exit.

If you have HD2 or TP2 plaase test it and give us any feedback. User with other devices can test it too, it should works as before.

Regards,
Marcin.

This new cab fixed my problem with BT turning on my TP2 (Sprint)...strangely one new problem is that when I close the program my alert LED starts flashing green even though I don't have any notifications...also after closing my HTC tabs on the bottom get covered up by the "phone" and "menu" strip...

BTW, I would LOVE to see a WOL magic packet addition to the next Pro version...for now I am using vxUtil but would much rather use GRemote Pro for everything...if I try to use a "non-magic packet" approach to waking up my HTPC box it ends up turning itself on by itself which is irritating...

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
I'm really don't know why you get flash led notifications. I've added only one function to READ some registry. Does anyone try this some on TP2 and can confirm the same problem as pdawg17?

WOL should not be so complicated. I need to change current gui to alow enter and remember MAC address.

Thanks for tests.

pdawg17

Apr 3, 2008
Just to correct my above statement, the LED starts flashing once I START the program - not closing it...

sniper-wolf

Dec 17, 2009
Leeds
Apologies if this has already been covered, done a quick search of the thread but can't find any answers.

I've got GRemote Pro all set up and working fine and added a folder of music to Explorer which I can now access from my phone and play via WinAmp.

The problem I have is that I can't seem to be able to add any more folders to be visible on my device.

I have added two folders in the Explorer Options on my desktop (using the plus button) and clicked Apply etc. But when I click Add in the WinAmp window, it is only showing the original Folder I added when I first set it up and not showing the two new ones? :confused:

I have also noticed that although everything is working (TouchPad, Winamp control etc) that the GRemote window on my desktop is showing "No Active Connection" in the bottom left? Is this normal or part of my problem?

I am connecting via WiFi if that makes any difference, no Bluetooth on my PC.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I've just released new version specially for android (WM is not touched). Here are changes:

- voice command - launch any application you want using voice!
    - new Honeycomb application skin
    - redesigned menus and options
    - get more options in skins list - if you prefer old applets design you can download it from app
    - scroll to current track when you load page with containing this track
    - current track indicator
    - memory optimization
    - fixed problem with some buttons on gingerbread

attachment.php

But the most important change is new price - now it is only $4.95!!!

Regards,
    Marcin.

wizard.png

wol.png

Cheers,
    Marcin.

Please visit us:

http://gbmsoftware.com/

Unsigned drivers problem?
    Fixed - just install latest version

--------Description below is for non-Pro version--------

What we have now?

• GCenter - place to select controller type
    • GMouse - mouse control like Logitech MX Air (not the same)
    • Touchpad - applet which emulates laptops touchpad with a scroll area (dpad centre is left mouse button, useful for drag&drop)
    • GPad - especially for Media Center (generates arrow keys, Enter, Backspace, Esc, Alt+F4, StartMenu)
    • GMedia - multimedia keys for Windows Media Player (VolUP, VolDown, Play/Pause,Stop,Next, Prior)
    • Keyboard - Now you can use any SIP method including the hardware keyboard in HTC Touch Pro. Extra keys on screen Ctrl, Alt (three state), Esc, Del, Tab
    • GRace - thanks to PPJoy we have analogue game controller with 2 axis and 12 buttons. It is similar to NiiMe for Nokia, but only steering wheel for now.
    GRace quick howto:
    - Download and install PPJoy (click green download button on the right side on his site)
    - Go to "Control Panel->Paraller Port Joystick"
    - Click Add button and select "Virtual joysticks" for "Paraller Port", and "Controller 1" for "Controller number".
    - Now windows detect new hardware and should automatically find required drivers (if not try to install drivers manually from this directory C:\Program Files\Parallel Port Joystick)
    -Run GRemteServer and you should see info on GRace tab "PPJoy status: driver opened succesful"
    - Now you can calibrate you controler using standard windows functions (Control Panel->Game controllers->PPJoy Virtual joystick 1"->Properties...)

FAQs:

• Installation guide with USB connection howto
    • Bluetooth connection howto
    • This program uses 5656 UDP port so open this port to your firewall configuration
    • if you are using Windows Firewall and have problems with connection try this help.
    • if you are using ESET Smart Security (Nod32) you can fallow this steps. Remember to restart GRemoteServer after you finish configure ESS.
    • if you get "Connecton timeout" message, please check your firewall. In all probability it is the source of problems with connection.

Requirement
    - Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 (cab)

And last, but not least - I really appreciate the help of new GRemote designer - Expo7. He does a lot of good job so Donate him if you like GRemote design!!!

Screenshots
    v5.1.jpg
    v5.2.jpg

Changelog

Enjoy,
    Marcin Baliniak.

Please do not distribute this files on other sites. If you wan you can put URL to this topic.

To find latest version go to this location.

Older versions:
    GRemote_v0.3.0_qvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.3.0_vga.zip
    GRemote_v0.3.0_wqvga.zip
    ---
    GRemote_v0.5.0_qvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.0_vga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.0_wqvga.zip

---
    GRemote_v0.5.1_qvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.1_vga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.1_wqvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.1_wvga.zip
    Hi,
    I have one small request for everyone who use pro version. I've just finish new version for WM phones. All settings tab and welcome screen was changed, so please try it and give me a feadback about this version. All gfx looks ok on your phone ? If you have any problems please pos a screenshot about this situation. If works fine on your device please write small post like "Works fine on HD2".

Cheers,
    Marcin.

This package doesn't have an QVGA skin availible.
    Though I checked the WQVGA, which works somewhat compressed.

Also, didn't get it to work on the Niki
    It just wil not connect over BT.
    It seems this update is mostly for Android users. Is there any benefit to me upgrading? My specs are listed below.

Device OS version - WM6.5.3
    PC OS version - Windows 7 Pro x64
    Network encryption - WPA2
    Frequency - 2.4GHz 802.11g

If I should provide more information, please let me know. This was all I could think of to provide offhand.

Hi!

This function/fixes goes to WM and Android so if you need this you should upgrade.

• support for more keybard languages and symbols
    • 'client connected' and 'disconnected' event
    • faster files/tracks list loading
    Btw. sometimes we fix something and forget to add to changelog - so it is worth to upgrade always ;)

Regards,
    Marcin.
    New music widget comming soon...

In next few days we should release new version for android devices win new music widgets... In new release you can also find Chinese and Russian translations... Now need to check BT connection problem in HD2.

Cheers,
    Marcin.
    New version for Android and new price $4.95!!!

Hi,
    We just released new version for android devices. New version contains changes listed below:
    - added translations: Czech, Russian, Chinese
    - new GRemotePro music Widget 4x2 - if you have a problems with widgets please remove application and install again
    - new layout for old (4x1) music widget
    - fixed communication problem in widget
    - fixed some FC reported by users

But the most important change is new price - now it is only $4.95!!!

Regards,
    Marcin.