Can some kind souls teach me on how to replace the wince.nls in XIP

Search This thread

ruffruff

Sep 15, 2006
Hi everyone,

I have used the kitchen found in the forum to unpack the official 1.90.405 wwe rom. in the temp folder, there is a dump_xip. i believe this is the XIP for the rom.
the wince.nls located in the dump_xip is 200+ kb which is for WWE. I have the asian wince.nls ripped from diamond, and it is close to 1mb. after replacing the wince.nls in the dump_xip folder, how to i rebuild the xip?

can any kindsoul help me?

jcespi2005

Feb 15, 2006
Madrid
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi everyone,

I have used the kitchen found in the forum to unpack the official 1.90.405 wwe rom. in the temp folder, there is a dump_xip. i believe this is the XIP for the rom.
the wince.nls located in the dump_xip is 200+ kb which is for WWE. I have the asian wince.nls ripped from diamond, and it is close to 1mb. after replacing the wince.nls in the dump_xip folder, how to i rebuild the xip?

can any kindsoul help me?

Did you read this thread?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=395526

Cheers

ruffruff

Sep 15, 2006
help guys...

please help...

i need to edit a working xip from either a new rom or an official rom.
i only need to replace the attached file into the official xip.

can anyone help me?

Attachments

• wince.zip
    764.6 KB · Views: 12

ruffruff

Sep 15, 2006
have u tried to just put it in SYS folder in kitchen & build it? if i'm not mistaken u also can use the wince.nls by just copy it to windows dir in ur ppc.

hi hang tuah,

i have tried those already. it doesn't work.
by using the methods you suggest, you have to use reloadnls.exe together with the methods or else the asian regions will not be shown.

i have searched and read quite a huge amount of data and threads and the only way now is to replace the wince.nls directly within the XIP. this will ensure that after building the rom, the asian wince.nls will be effective. i need help on how to edit the xip.bin file. once edited, i can add it back to the os.nb.payout file.

i have tried dumping the official xip.bin file using xipport, but after replacing the wince.nls to the asian version and rebuilding xip.bin, flashing, the device will hang at the boot screen.

i might have miss out something else. but i dun know what i have misses out..
i need help here.

Last edited:

ruffruff

Sep 15, 2006
So in this case, u want to make full XIP port. U may find one low-profile guru named Akadonny. If u r lucky, he will teach u every single twist :rolleyes:

wow, thanks for the recommendation.
i'll drop him a pm and pray that he will respond.

but in the past when i was using artemis and kaiser. i think some experts help to cook in the wince.nls into their rom. really hope they could respond to my thread and help me out...

its so difficult to get a english rom with asian regional settings support. how i wish i can understand the whole windows mobile mumbo jumbo and do it myself...

thanks hang.tuah
by the way, your rom is fabulous... nice and fast!

ruffruff

Sep 15, 2006
I really want to get a english rom with asian regional settings support

wish u to make it.

i am praying hard as well...
i am almost out of idea on what to try next...
flashing my device close to 50 odd times a day ...

please dun let me give up...

experts, please enlighten me ...
if you all know how to port new xip to your languages, you should know how to do this .. please teach me...