From stock the TP GPS is quite unsable in car especially with TomTom 7 and totally unusable for pedestrian use.
After 2 weeks of reading and testing tweaks, here are the results of my tests and the applied tweaks to enhance the GPS performance
A. With Advanced config 3.2 http://www.touchxperience.com/fr/out...ol-32-cab.html
1. disable A-GPS
2. disable GPS logging
3. logfile name must be empty
4. old logfile name must be empty
5. maximum size of logfile must be 0
6 delete the files : \windows\GPSLogFile.txt and \windows\GPSLogFileBack.txt
7. it seems that if TomTom is installed on a fast microSD decrease the lag(have to test to be sure)
With those changes car usage will be quite perfect
B. Then edit registry with TotalCommander http://ghisler.fileburst.com/ce/tcmdpocketarm.cab
Under: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\
- Drivers\GpsOneDevice\PollInterval -> 100 (default is 1000)
- Drivers\InputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
- Drivers\OutputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
- Drivers\SleepOnNoData -> 100 (default is 1000)
- Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize -> 512 (by default not present, you have to create it)
Tests to be done with buffers at 256...seems to be a little better
Tests to be done with other PollInterval value...seems to "drain" battery
With those tweaks pedestrian usage will be much better but not perfect...I explain.
You have to walk for a least 250m in order to have a reposition with mouvement on the map (before that, speed is always 0km/h) and then if you continue to walk there is quite no lag...and the speed reflect reality
...BUT if you stops you have to walk again for a least 250m in order to have a reposition with mouvement on the map and then if you continue to walk there is quite no lag...
Very strange indeed...
I hope this will help people...please test and feedback.
PS : tests were done with
GoogleMaps 184.108.40.206 -- http://www.google.be/gmm/GoogleMaps.CAB
GPSTuner 5.4 -- http://www.gpstuner.com/download/GPSTuner_v5.CAB