FORUMS

[PROB] TouchPro GPS lag problems

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By omega01, Junior Member on 19th September 2008, 12:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
A lot of people have problems with the TouchPro GPS especially for pedestrian use...

From stock the TP GPS is quite unsable in car especially with TomTom 7 and totally unusable for pedestrian use.

After 2 weeks of reading and testing tweaks, here are the results of my tests and the applied tweaks to enhance the GPS performance

A. With Advanced config 3.2 http://www.touchxperience.com/fr/out...ol-32-cab.html

1. disable A-GPS
2. disable GPS logging
3. logfile name must be empty
4. old logfile name must be empty
5. maximum size of logfile must be 0
6 delete the files : \windows\GPSLogFile.txt and \windows\GPSLogFileBack.txt

7. it seems that if TomTom is installed on a fast microSD decrease the lag(have to test to be sure)

With those changes car usage will be quite perfect

B. Then edit registry with TotalCommander http://ghisler.fileburst.com/ce/tcmdpocketarm.cab

Under: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\

- Drivers\GpsOneDevice\PollInterval -> 100 (default is 1000)
- Drivers\InputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
- Drivers\OutputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
- Drivers\SleepOnNoData -> 100 (default is 1000)
- Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize -> 512 (by default not present, you have to create it)

Tests to be done with buffers at 256...seems to be a little better
Tests to be done with other PollInterval value...seems to "drain" battery

With those tweaks pedestrian usage will be much better but not perfect...I explain.

You have to walk for a least 250m in order to have a reposition with mouvement on the map (before that, speed is always 0km/h) and then if you continue to walk there is quite no lag...and the speed reflect reality

...BUT if you stops you have to walk again for a least 250m in order to have a reposition with mouvement on the map and then if you continue to walk there is quite no lag...

Very strange indeed...

I hope this will help people...please test and feedback.

PS : tests were done with
TomTom_Navigator_7.450.9028_R3_VGA_black_edition
GoogleMaps 2.2.0.16 -- http://www.google.be/gmm/GoogleMaps.CAB
GPSTuner 5.4 -- http://www.gpstuner.com/download/GPSTuner_v5.CAB
19th September 2008, 12:37 PM |#2  
Flag Vantaa

More
I noticed GPS problems yesterday with Route66. Havent have time to test GPS lot before, just checked that it can find satellites and really works with Route66.

First while driving, Route66 got fix to satellite pretty quickly, but drop it then after couple seconds. Then couple secods of lag, again found satellites, couple seconds ok, drops again. This keeps going over no matter what, moving or staying stopped.

I then did soft-reset, no help. Then tried Google Maps with GPS, that worked no prob. After using Google Maps I returned to Route66 and strangely satellite fix was ok...

This might be just random satellite fix problem, but strange enough
19th September 2008, 01:26 PM |#3  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 247

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taajuus

I noticed GPS problems yesterday with Route66. Havent have time to test GPS lot before, just checked that it can find satellites and really works with Route66.

First while driving, Route66 got fix to satellite pretty quickly, but drop it then after couple seconds. Then couple secods of lag, again found satellites, couple seconds ok, drops again. This keeps going over no matter what, moving or staying stopped.

I then did soft-reset, no help. Then tried Google Maps with GPS, that worked no prob. After using Google Maps I returned to Route66 and strangely satellite fix was ok...

This might be just random satellite fix problem, but strange enough

Many of us have/had that issue so I can confirm you Its a device issue, not a satellite situation. The registry tweaks minimize that problem but I hope HTC solves the problem in his next driver/radio rom/... and the users hasnt to tweak their devices (95% of the users probably will never read this forum and they dont know how to "tweak" their devices
19th September 2008, 02:45 PM |#4  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Thanks for sharing. I 'll check it.
20th September 2008, 09:54 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thank you!
20th September 2008, 10:38 AM |#6  

More
I applied all the patches, my TP still doesn't want to find the sattelites...
20th September 2008, 12:06 PM |#7  
Flag Nové Mesto nad Váhom/Slovak Republic/Central EU
Thanks Meter: 21

More
F.....g hell!!! I tried anything,and morning I've got a fix with 5 satellites in 20secs,so it looks nice(yesterday evening I did the tweaks). But after 4 hours it can see 1-2 satellites,sometimes 3,very rarely 4 under blue sky. So 2 hours of my travelling from city-to-city I didn't get a fix! Co do pici s tym je!!??(sorry for slovak lng,but I cannot speak it english,because so wrong words english language doesn't have). I bought an useless technology and HTC is rolling on the floor laughing,how the customer is stupid. F..k them all with their technologies. Another thing is wifi...no comment is better. I will maybe buy an crazy Eten with Sirf3 and HTC with their stupid Qualcomm can go to hell. For what are all the technologies here,when they are working <20% of time? I am so angry on HTC,so when my kind of device will appear,I will immediately sell the Raph.
20th September 2008, 12:52 PM |#8  
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippy_TK

Same here... Don't know what else to do...
I believe I will never be able to use the GPS...
Ain't that a shame

Cheers.
20th September 2008, 02:34 PM |#9  

More
But I don't get it, it used to work the first days...
20th September 2008, 02:35 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippy_TK

i can confirm
20th September 2008, 02:37 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar-Source

Same here... Don't know what else to do...
I believe I will never be able to use the GPS...
Ain't that a shame

Cheers.

for such an expensive device it is...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)