FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Updated 12/08/2009]:Web Based CAB Creator for Common Registry Settings

459 posts
Thanks Meter: 161

By Fmstrat, Senior Member on 10th October 2008, 03:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Everyone,

I, like many of you, spend way to much time setting phones up over and over again. Since a big part of this is registry edits, I have built a web site that allows you to check off the registry options you want, which it then uses to create a downloadable CAB file to install that will contain all of those registry tweaks. This makes things completely reversible by uninstalling the CAB file.

Notes:
  1. This is Beta. While I have used it, and it's a very basic process, it isn't commercial software by any means.
  2. If you would like to add a new feature, post in this thread.
  3. You may install more than one cab file created with this tool. Just use different names at the bottom of the form.

Without further delay, here's the site:

<edit> The tool has now moved to nowsci.com. If you have any issues, please let me know. </edit>

http://nowsci.com/registry-changer/

Thanks,
Ben

10th October 2008, 03:28 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
* hold for updates *

Update 1: HTML now renders mobile friendly, so you can use this straight from your device.
Update 2: Edit feature added.
Update 3: Can now manually specify string or integer.
Update 4 [11/17/2008]: Can now specify the app name for install, allowing the user to have more than one Registry Changer cab installed at any point in time.
Update 5 [03/27/2009]: Fixed some character flaws for input. Preparations for move to a new host.
Update 6 [04/22/2009]: Added a filter option.
11th October 2008, 05:09 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
The site now has the ability for the end user to add registry entries to the database.
12th October 2008, 12:16 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thank you very much. I believe the "Camera Enhancements" entry is mis-titled. Shouldn't it be Rotate Picture 90 degrees, not 180 degress?
12th October 2008, 01:17 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Doh! I will fix that.

Also, just added all the registry entries from the Diamond Tweaks post.
12th October 2008, 08:17 AM |#6  
Blackpool Lancs
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What about the Bluetooth DUN profile adding to the list? - Mike
12th October 2008, 03:53 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
What's the registry entries for that? Happy to add them, or you can add them yourself now through the site.
12th October 2008, 10:31 PM |#8  
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What happens if you tweak a registry entry that does not exist on your specific device or rom?
12th October 2008, 11:15 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Good question. For the most part, I would guess nothing. If there is nothing on your system looking for the registry entry, then it won't effect anything. That being said, that doesn't mean WM doesn't look for registry entries that aren't there. For instance, the following tweak:

Enable Vision Duration/Disconnect Popup
HKLM\ControlPanel\Phone\Flags2=16

Flags2 doesn't exist by default on most any WM6 phone. Adding it in, enables the disconnect.
12th October 2008, 11:21 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Who added the "Mighty" tweaks? Is that a phone? Many of those seem like they should go in Misc. I might clean that up if those aren't specific to a phone.
15th October 2008, 08:44 PM |#11  
Flag Kent, WA
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Would it be possible to have a wiki of descriptions for each of these options? I know I could Google them one by one but I'm sure users would appreciate a single source.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)