1,297 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

By guap, Senior Member on 19th October 2008, 10:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguvnor11

About hard reset.

1. turn off the phone
2. Hold both right and left buttons (the ones right under the screen, dont know the name)
3. press power button, while still holding the others

maybe it's usefull for someone, dont' let it starving in tomtom compatibility thread
The Following User Says Thank You to guap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guap Ad-Free
19th October 2008, 05:01 PM |#2  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 1,809

More
Weirdest combo ever :P
The Following User Says Thank You to xmoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xmoo Ad-Free
19th October 2008, 05:15 PM |#3  
Flag Liepaja
Thanks Meter: 7

More
left and right button and soft restart = hard restart
The Following User Says Thank You to arnisv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arnisv Ad-Free
14th December 2008, 11:26 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
thank for the advice, really easy way to reset if i remember to my blueangel
The Following User Says Thank You to tarnaman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tarnaman Ad-Free
11th February 2009, 09:29 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
it works...
Quote:
Originally Posted by guap

maybe it's usefull for someone, dont' let it starving in tomtom compatibility thread

thanks... i just followed your instruction.. and i have my xperia phone reset...
ive been trying to input the simple password key, which obviously i forgot since last night...and now i am back on line... thnks
13th February 2009, 07:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Can not hard reset my device.
Guys, I've tried both methods,

Turn phone off, press left key, right key and power button, all at the same time..

and also have tried

Turn the phone off, press left and right key and using stylus to press reset button..

Tried both so many times, but just can not hard reset my device. Any ideas where I may be going wrong?
The Following User Says Thank You to Esspee_London For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Esspee_London Ad-Free
13th February 2009, 09:57 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hard Reset
Yes, i have same problem,i can t make hard reset.If i try i have only white dispay with blue sign .....pres R on keyboard for reset or press X for cancel....But i don t see any keyboard and if i try press any button nothing happen.For way go out from this situation i take out battery.Later i put back this battery turn onn and everythink return to normal. Out of reset.
The Following User Says Thank You to danny1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danny1975 Ad-Free
13th February 2009, 11:46 PM |#8  

More
Unhappy
I have the same problem. After two hard resets I can't hard reset. Problem is the phone restarts after entering PIN. I even tried an othen SIM card or no card at all but nothing happened. When I try to hard reset with the stylus it does absolutely nothing. If I try with the power button it doesn't hard reset, it starts normally. Any suggestions? Please help me, I've got the phone for just about 30 hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to vector4agn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vector4agn Ad-Free
14th February 2009, 03:02 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny1975

Yes, i have same problem,i can t make hard reset.If i try i have only white dispay with blue sign .....pres R on keyboard for reset or press X for cancel....But i don t see any keyboard and if i try press any button nothing happen.For way go out from this situation i take out battery.Later i put back this battery turn onn and everythink return to normal. Out of reset.

That's entirely right. If at the point that you get the display making you choose between reset or cancel, slide out your keyboard and press the given keys Should work just fine, have done it myself several times.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dryw Filtiarn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dryw Filtiarn Ad-Free
14th February 2009, 04:39 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up Hard reset
Thank you,perfect work.
The Following User Says Thank You to danny1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danny1975 Ad-Free
27th February 2009, 10:36 AM |#11  
Flag Prague

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnisv

left and right button and soft restart = hard restart

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)