FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Would you rather have a slide-out qwerty?

HECK YES!!

172 Vote(s)
50.15%
ah...its just too bulky.

171 Vote(s)
49.85%

Touch HD QWERTY SLIDE-OUT!! PICS!

245 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

Post Reply Email Thread
UPDATE 2/14/09- HAHAHA!! I LAUGH AT THE VERY FIRST COMMENT POSTED!!!! IT SEEMS OUR DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE WITH THE NEW HTC MODELS LEAKED!!!!! So i guess all of our hard work and wishfull thinking has finally paid off. The only thing to really worry about now is whether HTC will hold true to the leaked hype and deliver to ATT a touch Hd variant with a full qwerty in true Iphone killer fashion. I WILL BE CHECKING ALL WEBSITES FOR ANY NEWS ON MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS '09 NEWS AND HTC-RELATED PRODUCTS. If we dont see this screen on the leaked models at MWC 09 then im definitly saving up for the Toshiba TG01!! keyboard or not, a 4.1" screen with full divx support outta the box!!? now thats an end all to smartphones for sure!! keep ya posted on all the new pics if we get any. Plus ill try to create some better quality Photoshop pics of the leaked HTC phones so we may be able to have a better resolution. thanks all for the poll responses!!!

Update!!! Ok so ive been working on the 3D model for this concept. I finished pretty much everything i wanted to do. The look is there. hopefully someone over at HTC is checking these pics out. It took me a total of about 3 days to model out this phone. and it was fun to decide the final look. overall i would say it should be no thicker than the tilt. hopefully with new tech it will be thinner. aside from that i thought it would great if the front buttons were only visible when the screen was on, seeing as how they are not physical buttons. and maybe they could all be configurable to different icons, almost as if they were on a small led screen so you could give them a custom look. the camera is now flush with the back, which is how i think it should always be. maybe physical limitations are to blame for the official design. i hope all you guys like it. I might consider putting together some models of other concept phones in the future. maybe an Iphone with a slide out QWERTY k/b!! hehe. just kidding. who knows. hope you all like them.

19th October 2008, 02:41 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
For me it is a fake PS and this model will never happens.
19th October 2008, 02:51 PM |#3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I do not think that they are will release a qwerty model as it is directly competing against the iphone and they do not want it to be thick.
The Following User Says Thank You to StaticPlaya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StaticPlaya Ad-Free
19th October 2008, 03:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm hoping you're wish will become true...
But we always want more... : http://www.mobilecowboys.nl/mobilerumours/8263
19th October 2008, 03:15 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Davis, CA
Thanks Meter: 40

Donate to Me
More
they are fake, I made them!! just wishing they will come true. someone needs to make thinner keyboard hardware and thinner slide-out hardware. my tilt still feels like a brick. and the touch pro? that is a joke. too thick for me. thats why i made these. my Dreams!
19th October 2008, 05:00 PM |#6  

More
Thats clearly Photoshopped

I think a HD, with Qwerty will just become to bulky to be really really attractive..
19th October 2008, 05:07 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord.Bachus

Thats clearly Photoshopped

I think a HD, with Qwerty will just become to bulky to be really really attractive..

ofcourse it is. he made them just to show us and talk about it....
19th October 2008, 05:31 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAsocial

I'm hoping you're wish will become true...
But we always want more... : http://www.mobilecowboys.nl/mobilerumours/8263

More infor about the T8290 here.
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=1378

Surur
19th October 2008, 05:35 PM |#9  

More
And after they got the keyboard attached they will add a fingerprint scanner, tv-tuner, wimax, surround sound speakers and hdmi.

I think this is already one of the best phones HTC ever built if it is as good as it looks. The only true iPhone-killer so far I think. Of course they can build a phone that suits everyone's needs but first of all they need to beat the competitiors before experimenting. I will probably buy it next year.

By the way, on the second picture in the lower part of the picture the keyboard is wider than the phone, so when you close it the keyboard will stick out on the other side.
19th October 2008, 07:29 PM |#10  
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,167

More
Great tazbo28!!!

As a happy Universal user I always have been looking for a REAL succesor of the best PDA ever made!: Universal

And this work you done it´s exactly what I call the PERFECT uni succesor!!

I don´t know if this will become real or not but I´m having hope!!!!

Congrats!!!
19th October 2008, 07:46 PM |#11  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 1

More
That's the phone I'm waiting for. Why would the iphone have anything to do with holding back production of this type of phone. They could have the best of both worlds with the Touch HD (iphone killer for those people wanting it to be dead so bad) and the Touch HD Pro (for those people who really don't want to give up the use of a physical keyboard). That's how you could kill more than just the iphone. I'll be waiting.......hopefully this will be born someday.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)