I found a recent version VGA but I converted to QVGA, you certainly know this software, this version is unlike other tactile versions available to date
I know, I know...I'm late to the party. Hopefully the quality of the release will make up for the tardiness. I'm still running a Kaiser (just couldn't convince myself the Diamond was actually better--and I'm still crossing my fingers that the Touch HD will get released with TMO 1700Mhz support).
Anyway, without further ado...this version of MusicID is based from the 1.3.16 source from 1800pocketpc.com which is of course released by AT&T. The changes are as follows:
- Converted for QVGA (320x240) support. The conversion was done using image resources from the non-touch screen version so they look just fine. Furthermore all fonts have been converted as well. (I'd like to give credit to lepsyfou here, he did give everyone something to use at least even though the images looked poor and the fonts were large. Were it not for finding his original conversion that got me hooked on the app itself I probably never would have made my own conversion).
- Removed UID information from query strings. For those that didn't check, the application for download on these forums (and other sites) actually makes all requests under the guise of someone's account (presumably whoever released the app). I won't post their account # here but suffice it to say that if they ever shut off the service everyone using that app would find it stops working. Hopefully that won't happen here.
- Removed all AT&T specific features. This also means that all the buttons present after a successful identification have been removed. #1 they are completely useless for anyone not on the AT&T network; and #2 they were pretty much pointless (from my perspective) in the first place. As a side benefit see the next item.
- Due to the removal of AT&T specific features I found it convenient to download a larger cover image photo for the album...maybe this will be enjoyed by others as well
- Updated the help pages and removed redundant (or now unused) entries.
If you've never installed any version of MusicID before simply install the cab. If however you have installed a previous version pay close attention:
- Remove any previously installed version of MusicID.
- It is absolutely MANDATORY to remove the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MusicID folder and its contents. If you're an advanced user and are using any of the conn* entries you can leave those but remove all others. If that last statement doesn't make any sense to you then simply remove the entire MusicID key (and all entries contained therein) prior to installation.
- I highly recommend removing your \Application Data\MusicID folder and contents. This is due to the fact that the application now expects 150x* size images. The only issue with old images should be a slight off-center display though so it is up to you
Update add VGA version
Update Shortcut fix QVGA
Update fix problème font QVGA
thanks and crédit are Quentin QVGA Fix