FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New Version MusicID Shazam 1.3.16 Tactile QVGA + VGA ( Fix Font)

1,572 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By lepsyfou, Senior Member on 27th October 2008, 01:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello everybody

I found a recent version VGA but I converted to QVGA, you certainly know this software, this version is unlike other tactile versions available to date

Admin edit: software removed after a complaint from the copyright owner, this software is not freeware or shareware and therefore considered warez, warez is not allowed on the forum.

Quentin Post:
Quote:

I know, I know...I'm late to the party. Hopefully the quality of the release will make up for the tardiness. I'm still running a Kaiser (just couldn't convince myself the Diamond was actually better--and I'm still crossing my fingers that the Touch HD will get released with TMO 1700Mhz support).

Anyway, without further ado...this version of MusicID is based from the 1.3.16 source from 1800pocketpc.com which is of course released by AT&T. The changes are as follows:

• Converted for QVGA (320x240) support. The conversion was done using image resources from the non-touch screen version so they look just fine. Furthermore all fonts have been converted as well. (I'd like to give credit to lepsyfou here, he did give everyone something to use at least even though the images looked poor and the fonts were large. Were it not for finding his original conversion that got me hooked on the app itself I probably never would have made my own conversion).
  • Removed UID information from query strings. For those that didn't check, the application for download on these forums (and other sites) actually makes all requests under the guise of someone's account (presumably whoever released the app). I won't post their account # here but suffice it to say that if they ever shut off the service everyone using that app would find it stops working. Hopefully that won't happen here.
  • Removed all AT&T specific features. This also means that all the buttons present after a successful identification have been removed. #1 they are completely useless for anyone not on the AT&T network; and #2 they were pretty much pointless (from my perspective) in the first place. As a side benefit see the next item.
  • Due to the removal of AT&T specific features I found it convenient to download a larger cover image photo for the album...maybe this will be enjoyed by others as well
  • Updated the help pages and removed redundant (or now unused) entries.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

If you've never installed any version of MusicID before simply install the cab. If however you have installed a previous version pay close attention:
  1. Remove any previously installed version of MusicID.
  2. It is absolutely MANDATORY to remove the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MusicID folder and its contents. If you're an advanced user and are using any of the conn* entries you can leave those but remove all others. If that last statement doesn't make any sense to you then simply remove the entire MusicID key (and all entries contained therein) prior to installation.
  3. I highly recommend removing your \Application Data\MusicID folder and contents. This is due to the fact that the application now expects 150x* size images. The only issue with old images should be a slight off-center display though so it is up to you

enjoy

Update add VGA version

Update Shortcut fix QVGA

Update fix problème font QVGA

thanks and crédit are
Quentin QVGA Fix

27th October 2008, 02:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepsyfou

hello everybody

I found a recent version VGA but I converted to QVGA, you certainly know this software, this version is unlike other tactile versions available to date

enjoy

Thanks for this. Been looking for an update since moving to the Diamond. Whats involved in migrating to QVGA? Is it an easy process? There are some other apps which would benefit from rework...Skyfire for one!

Cheers

Aidan
27th October 2008, 02:24 PM |#3  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 27

More
thanks for your work on this lepsyfou!!
wouldnt install. says installation unsuccessful because it is not digitally signed with...............
27th October 2008, 02:27 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal ( and Lille France)

More
I have édit cab fr and eng: signature exe it"s good now installation functionnel

yes I will convert a fun software VGA>> QVGA so that everyone can benefit
27th October 2008, 02:35 PM |#5  
Retired Moderator
Flag Clermont-Ferrand, France
Thanks Meter: 819

Donate to Me
More
Great soft thank bro
27th October 2008, 02:49 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwill

thanks for your work on this lepsyfou!!
wouldnt install. says installation unsuccessful because it is not digitally signed with...............

Look first post I have édit cab now it's signé

imfloflo: with pleasure my brother
27th October 2008, 02:52 PM |#7  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 27

More
thanks for fixing it so quick
27th October 2008, 05:11 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
ajout version VGA post 1
27th October 2008, 07:23 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Is there anyway you could adjust the Text size? It still doesnt all completely fit on the screen.

Deff dont want to come odd as an ass. Just a thought to make the QVGA version even better.
27th October 2008, 07:54 PM |#10  
Recognized Developer
Flag Pasadena, CA
Thanks Meter: 13,833

Donate to Me
More
Thank you
27th October 2008, 08:56 PM |#11  
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acardinale

Is there anyway you could adjust the Text size? It still doesnt all completely fit on the screen.

Deff dont want to come odd as an ass. Just a thought to make the QVGA version even better.

+1 on this... expecially on the manage id's tab... help me out tab needs some work too..

thanks on this, finally a finger friendly version of this app... great work!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
musicid shazam great

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)