hTorch is a small application with a graphical user interface that enables you to use your Touch Pro as flashlight.
hTorch is built for the HTC Raphael (aka HTC Touch Pro) and has only been tested on this device. It probably works on all other devices with a build-in LED as well but since I can't tell if those devices are heat sinked please be very careful! PLEASE NOTE: Use this application at your own risk! I’ve done as much testing as possible, and will try to fix every bug which will be reported but it's my first Windows Mobile application and I can not guarantee that it is free of bugs. NetRipper deserves most of the credit because my application uses his TorchButtonLibrary v1.0 to control the LED itself.
The program installs itself into "%ProgramFiles%\hTorch" and also creates a shortcut into %StartMenu%\Programs\Accessories. The further usage is as simple as possible. Start hTorch using the shortcut. On program start the LED will automatically be turned on and you will see the programs main screen.
On the main screen you can:
- enable and disable the standard LED mode using the upper left bulb button.
- enable and disable the bright LED mode using the upper right bulb button.
- disable the display using the lower left button (The display can be turned on again using the power button)
- exit the application using the lower right button.
- enable and disable the standard LED mode using the D-Pad Action hardware button.
- enable and disable the bright LED mode using the D-Pad UP hardware button.
- disable the display using the D-Pad DOWN hardware button.
PLEASE NOTE: The flashlight will stay on forever - there is no timeout programmed. So the only timeout is the capacity of your battery. Burning the LED should not be very likely as this posting explains but please take care anyway. Please also note that the LED can not be left turned on while the device is in standby. So if you want to use the torch for an extended period please use the display off button but be aware that the hardware buttons will still function!
- This program requires .NET Compact Framework 3.5 to run. If you are not sure if you have the Framework installed or which version you have installed please follow this instructions (.NET Configuration Tool)
- Since hTorch v3.0 it is no longer necessary to uninstall TorchButton. They can now be installed both at the same time.
v3.2:On the picture you can see the programs
- Added AppToDate support.
- Some minor code optimizations.
v3.0 (unreleased private beta):
- Fixed several minor bugs
- Fixed one huge bug preventing the device from standby even after hTorch was already closed.
- Added a special error handling in case a user terminated hTorch instead of using the quit-button.
- Source again completely rewritten. I'm now using the TorchButtonLib v1.0 to control the LED. Which now also means that hTorch and TorchButton can be installed at the same time.
- Action button mapped with LED on/off function.
- "UP"-button mapped with LED bright on/off function.
- "DOWN"-button mapped with build-in display off function (display can be turned on using the power button).
- Changed right softkey to menu with sub menu items: "Quit", "Bright LED On/Off", "Display Off", "About".
- Changed normal LED on/off button. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
- Added bright LED on/off button. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
- Added display off button. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
- Changed the program window not to maximize (so that now the status bar is visible).
- Added function to prevent ideling into standby (AndyZap - Once again thank you for your help!)
- Updated TorchButton to v1.2 which enlarged the maximum timeout from 300 seconds to 86400 seconds (a day) - Thank you NetRipper!
v2.0 (unreleased private beta):
- Completely replaced all graphics to give the program a much more professional look and feel. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
- Replaced the exe-file icon with a more diamond-like one
- Completely rewritten source so that hTorch can now detect the LED state
- Tightened the program as much as possible (exe-file lost about a bit more than 25% of its size)
- Automatically turn off the LED on program exit
- Changed auto-off timer to 5 minutes (hard coded)
- Added SoftKey functions
- Added About Dialog
- Fixed Bug when installing to Storage Card
- Start LED on program start
- Initial version
main screen with usage information:
Downloads so far (counting since v3.2):