FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google Panel files to replace Vodafone Panel (files attached)

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 8
 
By hutchy69, Member on 30th October 2008, 02:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Right here we go

You can download the Google Panel files here in the "Google Panel.zip" file. This Zip contains the files needed for the google panel (including some renamed files to work with the VodafonePanel registry settings).

Download the file, extract it somewhere on your pc.

Make sure your phone isn't on the Vodafone Panel and connect your phone to the pc and open Program Files/Panels/VodafonePanel/

Delete all the files (don't worry, I've uploaded a copy of the original Vodafone Panel files too)

Now copy all the files from the Google Panel you extracted to the phone into the VodafonePanel folder

Disconnect your phone from the pc and press the panel key.

Enjoy the Google Panel
 
 
30th October 2008, 09:47 PM |#2  
Tigershark42's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks very much for this mate. I want to get the X1 on vodafone, since its too pricy for me to justify getting it sim free/unbranded. Seeing as you know more about the vodafone version of the phone than I do, would you mind answering these questions I have please?

1- Is it really sim free, as people are claiming it is (what I mean is, can you put another sim in it during the contract period and just use it as if it was a normal sim free phone- while still paying for your contract, of course- due to travelling, I may have to do this a couple of times)?

2- I have heard there is a problem regarding the internet connection on vodafone versions, where it will restrict you from using wifi to connect for some reason. Is this true? If so, is there a way round it? (I specifically plan to only use wifi over here)

3- Other than the google panel being replaced by the vodafone panel, are the rest of the panels the same as on the normal sim free models? (I heard one other one 'The design panel' is missing)

4- If I perform this change to replace the vodafone panel to the google panel, can the google panel then be changed for something else? (ie, will it be locked to the panel UI like the vodafone one was?

Thank you so much
30th October 2008, 09:55 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark42

Thanks very much for this mate. I want to get the X1 on vodafone, since its too pricy for me to justify getting it sim free/unbranded. Seeing as you know more about the vodafone version of the phone than I do, would you mind answering these questions I have please?

1- Is it really sim free, as people are claiming it is (what I mean is, can you put another sim in it during the contract period and just use it as if it was a normal sim free phone- while still paying for your contract, of course- due to travelling, I may have to do this a couple of times)?

2- I have heard there is a problem regarding the internet connection on vodafone versions, where it will restrict you from using wifi to connect for some reason. Is this true? If so, is there a way round it? (I specifically plan to only use wifi over here)

3- Other than the google panel being replaced by the vodafone panel, are the rest of the panels the same as on the normal sim free models? (I heard one other one 'The design panel' is missing)

4- If I perform this change to replace the vodafone panel to the google panel, can the google panel then be changed for something else? (ie, will it be locked to the panel UI like the vodafone one was?

Thank you so much

1. It is sim free, I'm using mine with my Tmobile sim

2. I can't get it to use Wifi myself, but there are others on here who have.

3. I don't have the design panel on my vodafone branded X1, but it appears the rest of the panels are standard and unbranded.

4. The vodafone panel can be unlocked by changing the key HKLM/Software/SonyEricsson/PanelManager/Panels/Vodafone Panel/Locked to 0.

Hope this helps
30th October 2008, 10:48 PM |#4  
Tigershark42's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
'I can't get it to use Wifi myself, but there are others on here who have.' -At all!!!???

One more thing then: if the phone is vodafone branded, what happens as regards firmware updates?

Cheers
30th October 2008, 10:54 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
I can use wifi for opera etc, but email and messenger want to use the vodafone gprs or 3g.

It has Windows Update so I assume that is where any updates will come from
30th October 2008, 11:21 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I've got a vodafone one with an O2 sim in it, so like Hutchy says, it's definitely sim unlocked.

I've connected to my exchange server via wifi fine, although I haven't tried it with any other accounts.

Realistically firmware (ROM) updates will be done manually by you after OliNex and co have created a HardSPL to allow us to flash without bricking our phones. If Vodafone are anything like O2, they will only release an updated ROM once a year, about 6 months after HTC have released it.
30th October 2008, 11:41 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchy69

I can use wifi for opera etc, but email and messenger want to use the vodafone gprs or 3g.

It has Windows Update so I assume that is where any updates will come from

windows update is not used as far as i know - its quite redundant. ive never received an update on it for the years i have used these phones! If it plays out like it does with other HTC phones, which i assume it will, then the new firmware will come from Sony Ericsson for unbranded, but for the network operator phones, it will come from the networks, so Vodafone will get it, play with it and then release it, if they ever do!
30th October 2008, 11:43 PM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmeh1988

windows update is not used as far as i know - its quite redundant. ive never received an update on it for the years i have used these phones! If it plays out like it does with other HTC phones, which i assume it will, then the new firmware will come from Sony Ericsson for unbranded, but for the network operator phones, it will come from the networks, so Vodafone will get it, play with it and then release it, if they ever do!

By the time vodafone release an update HardSPL will be working
31st October 2008, 12:26 AM |#9  
Conky's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Sweet thanks for this hutchy69
8th November 2008, 06:24 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Anyone else have any issue with multiple words? When I search using two keywords, it only passes the first one to Google in Opera.
8th November 2008, 06:58 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Does anyone have the google panel cab so I am able to install it???

Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes