This is a "text editor" for Windows Mobile. It allows you to open text (.txt) files and other text based files (.xml, .bat, .log, etc.)
Its main features being high speed, small size and compatibility with most devices running DOTNET Framework.
Download Notepad Mobile v1.6
Updated v1.6 (27th August, 2009)
- Windows Mobile 6.5 Compatible
- Support for fullscreen display
- Word and character count
- Fixed Bug: Word-Wrap Context-Menu Issue
- About Dialog shows application version.
Updated v1.5: (03/09/2009)
- Added ZoomOut Functionality (supported by dexter and blowFish64)
- Minor Bug Fixes
- MArginally reduced application size
Updated v1.4: (18/11/2008)
- Added Find and Replace options (with fast 'Replace All' algorithm)
- Minor Bug Fixes
Updated v1.3: (06/11/2008)
- Added an "Edit" menu for easy access from Hardware buttons
- Added "Insert Date" feature from the new "Edit" menu
- Added "Open With" and "Send To" compatibility for opening files from any File Explorer (Thanks to joemanb for BETA testing)
- Remembers last used settings (Font, Zoom)
Updated v1.2: (04/11/2008)
- Added font changing feature (normal or fixed-width.)
- Added screen orientation change handling support. (Thanks to OceanSpray)
Updated v1.1: (28/10/2008)
- Added Zoom Functionality
- Reduced Executable Size!
- Open/Create/Save text files
- Supports cut/copy/paste by right click
- Text input area resize as-per SIP (virtual keyboard) space
- It is a standalone executable (no installation required)
- Extremely light-weight and with minimum memory consumption
- Word Wrap toggle
How to install:
Extract and copy Notepad.exe on your device and run it from there!
If you want the program icon to appear in your "Start Menu -> Programs":
(1) Open File Explorer and navigate to the directory where the "Notepad.exe" is placed.
(2) Copy the Notepad.exe file. (Right Click on the file and select "Copy")
(3) Navigate to "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs", right-click and select "Paste Shortcut"!
- Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1, 6.5
- DotNet Compact Framework 2 (application will generate consistent error upon load in the absence of DotNet CF 2.0)
Developer URL: http://www.shamasis.net/projects/notepad-mobile/
Archived (older) downloads are attached to this post below.