this is the first release of my first own app for a pocketpc. It's completely written in VC# and should work on all devices up from WM5 with QVGA and VGA screen. I'm a totaly noob in writing or coding apps, but maybe you like it.
The app uses the weather feed from yahoo (or weather.com). When you run iWeather, you need to connect to the internet. Same for the Settings.exe.
1. Run iWeather
2. press "i"-button on the lower right corner to open Settings
3. enter your LocationID
4. wait until the city name appears (IMPORTANT!)
5. press Done-Button
IMPORTANT! It is nessessary to be online at the first use!
Things to do:
- adding more than one location
- maybe integrating settings into iWeather
- maybe different language support
- VGA support
- signal bug removed
- battery-bug (finally) removed
- main icon shows now current weather icon
- pressing "i"-button opens the settings
- pressing main icon updates the weather
- removing minor bug in settings.exe
- Battery-Bug removed
- Settings will work without pushing "Enter", just wait until validating has finished and press "Done"
- iWeather now caches the last update, so you don't have to stay online the whole time
- refresh iWeather by tapping on the signal-strength in the upper left corner
- still no VGA support, sorry
- first release
- only one city-weather is possible
- search in Settings.exe only writes the LocationID (e.g. USNY0996) and the displayed unit into the city.xml (you can find your LocationID at http://weather.yahoo.com )
- Settings.exe gives as validation the city-name to the entered LocationID.
- it's not possible to start settings from iWeather
- iWeather will automaticaly start, after pushing "done"-button in Settings.
- background-image and icons will change after sunset or sunrise of the selected location
- both apps can be closed by pushing the battery on the upper right corner
Download at Touch-Innovation
If you like it: