FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Programs not runnig because of WVGA ? Not anymore ! W VGA FIX 2

233 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By fotoingo, Senior Member on 4th November 2008, 06:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey !
A while ago I owned a Toshiba G900 which also had a WVGA Screen.
Many programms had problems with this screen especially emulators.

So I searched and found -WVGA FIX- a programm written from Cotulla for the G900 which emulates a VGAscreen. So I was able to use mostly every program.

A week ago I received my X1 and tried WVGA Fix ! It didnt work...
After some searching i found a improved Version -WVGA FIX 2- now supporting all WM 5, 6, 6.1 and WVGA devices.

This little Program virtually "cuts" the pixels bigger than VGA from your device.
Dont get scared.. This only happens as long as you run the program.
Those pixels get black and the program emulates a VGA screen.
When you choose to get back to WVGA everything is fine again :)

So most programms (not only emulators) will work fine on our nice WVGA screen.

I thought some people here will love this tool too.

PS:Install the cert first, then WVGA FIX2 second.

Cheers !

All credits for this tool -> Cotulla
(Cant find the original downloadsource anymore)
-----------------------------------------------
Edit:
Here is the original thread :
http://www.portegeclub.com/forum/vie...r=asc&start=15
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WVGAFIX2.jpg
Views:	6163
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	127451  
Attached Files
File Type: zip W_VGA_Fix_2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (13.9 KB, 10919 views)
 
 
4th November 2008, 06:59 PM |#2  
Golgo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
How handy! Now snes emulator should work fine then, I guess.
Thanks
4th November 2008, 07:28 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
why install certs? got it working without
4th November 2008, 07:32 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
that helps quite a bit with the emulators. however my main issue is the performance. with sound all the games run really slow. which emulator do you guys use and how do they run performance wise?

another question regarding wvga-fix.:
when i activate it the clicks arent registerd in the right location anymore. its quite hard to start programs then and navigate. that could be an issue with scumm and games that require on screen navigation
4th November 2008, 07:59 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
this program will be uber great if only it has somekind of profiles to automatically switch between wvga and vga mode whenever specific programs executed.
4th November 2008, 08:58 PM |#6  
fotoingo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxical

that helps quite a bit with the emulators. however my main issue is the performance. with sound all the games run really slow. which emulator do you guys use and how do they run performance wise?

another question regarding wvga-fix.:
when i activate it the clicks arent registerd in the right location anymore. its quite hard to start programs then and navigate. that could be an issue with scumm and games that require on screen navigation

1. I play play most games without sound. Works really nice. With sounds some emulators can lag. Try to find "your" best settings ;)

2. The clicks (when using programs ! ) are in the right places. Scumm and everything else will work fine. This happens only in WVGA-FIX-2.

Greets !
4th November 2008, 09:00 PM |#7  
fotoingo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nap007

this program will be uber great if only it has somekind of profiles to automatically switch between wvga and vga mode whenever specific programs executed.

Haha, that would be nice but at the current state it still helps a LOT ;)

Maybe someone will develop something like that ?
4th November 2008, 09:37 PM |#8  
Conky's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I don't think this works for me
When I run VGA games they just shrink to the default VGA size and I'm left with about a quarter of my screen black at the bottom
The games run perfect but they do not fill the screen.
Is this app supposed to reduce the resolution of the X1 to VGA and therefore make VGA games etc run full screen?
What are the 2 cabs for???
4th November 2008, 09:55 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoingo

1. I play play most games without sound. Works really nice. With sounds some emulators can lag. Try to find "your" best settings ;)

2. The clicks (when using programs ! ) are in the right places. Scumm and everything else will work fine. This happens only in WVGA-FIX-2.

Greets !

which program do you mean ? theres no link
15th November 2008, 10:16 AM |#10  
a5ian300zx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
would this help applications that are slighty out of screen i.e. google navigator 4, tomtom 7 on navigations mode.
23rd November 2008, 11:39 AM |#11  
eljon's Avatar
Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
PS:Install the cert first, then WVGA FIX2 second

hej. what is it this "Cert"? how to install it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes