FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How-to- Root, Hack, and Flashing your G1/Dream Read first!!

917 posts
Thanks Meter: 894

By Koush, Retired Recognized Developer on 4th November 2008, 10:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd June 2012, 03:55 PM |#1891  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauqeer512

hello sir I update my g1 radio and restart now stuck at g1 logo and not going in recovery by pressing home+power and not going bootloader by pressing camera+power plz help thanx

No recovery and bootloader means you have a brick.

Only jtag or mobo replacement is the solution to that. At this point in time, I think it is cheaper and simpler to grab another phone.

14th August 2012, 04:29 PM |#1892  
Flag ★ATLANTA★
Thanks Meter: 472

More
The gray and white screen shows up and then disappears really quick...

Whats going on, what do I need to do? Copied it to the root of my sd card.
22nd August 2012, 11:16 PM |#1893  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 798

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koush

Why should you root your Dream/G1?

Remember to check the links up top to learn how to use root to do the advanced things I mentioned.

Can't believe this only have one thanks (two now including myself)
This very post is where I started on XDA !
25th August 2012, 06:00 PM |#1894  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 49

More
HI There I just got the HTC G1 and my Build Version is DMD64 I dont see that anywhere. This phone is a newer phone. Im going to use it for work but want to clean it up first so I'm planning on Root and Recovery.Im not sure about putting on a custom Rom yet. Will any of this work for me. Thanks I can usually figure this out but as this phone has been round for so long i run into a lot of dead links.
25th August 2012, 09:18 PM |#1895  
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatoid

HI There I just got the HTC G1 and my Build Version is DMD64 I dont see that anywhere. This phone is a newer phone. Im going to use it for work but want to clean it up first so I'm planning on Root and Recovery.Im not sure about putting on a custom Rom yet. Will any of this work for me. Thanks I can usually figure this out but as this phone has been round for so long i run into a lot of dead links.

best to just go all the way to a custom rom as there are so many faster with more features than stock on these old phones. google search "cyanogen wiki g1 root" you will find all the info there, with up to date links, how to downgrade, root, install custom recovery, upgrade radio and hboot, then flash a custom rom. follow everything to running cm5, after this you will have to do more steps to get the latest and greatest but all this needs to be done first.
if you get stuck search a bit, if you still confused start a new thread in the q&a and many will come and help
good luck!

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
28th April 2016, 12:00 AM |#1896  
Flag fargo
Thanks Meter: 6

More
So I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here but funny story. We bought a new couch and while we were disposing of the old I found the t-mobile g1 inside. Not sure if I bought it and lost it or if it was just in there because we also found a pouch of dip from ages ago. Anyways on with the beating of a dead horse. I've gotten a new firmware installed but just can't seem to get the root. I've tried a few different links on here and they're all dead. So is cyanogen mods wiki links. Does anyone happen to have the needed files lurking on an old computer somewhere?
24th August 2016, 08:13 PM |#1897  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokersall

So I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here but funny story. We bought a new couch and while we were disposing of the old I found the t-mobile g1 inside. Not sure if I bought it and lost it or if it was just in there because we also found a pouch of dip from ages ago. Anyways on with the beating of a dead horse. I've gotten a new firmware installed but just can't seem to get the root. I've tried a few different links on here and they're all dead. So is cyanogen mods wiki links. Does anyone happen to have the needed files lurking on an old computer somewhere?

i probably have files around somewhere .. still have my G1 but have not picked it up for some time
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cupcake, jf1.5, root, tutorial, upgrade

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)