Touch HD and Games/Emulators

Search This thread

kstab

Feb 7, 2008
I am interested in buying the Touch HD, yet i want to play certain games with my ppc.

I would like to know if anyone tested the HD with games and if so with which??

What about Myst I, Riven, Syberia I, II, Monopoly, Billiard Master 2, or others??

Additionally, anyone tested any of the known emulators such as Pocket Clive for the ZX Spectrum games or the SCUMMVM for the DOS games??

Thank you in advance for every answer...

Insaneboy

Mar 14, 2008
I have the same question.
That's the only thing stopping me from buying the thing.
How does it handle Warcraft 2? Age of Empires?

juiceppc

Nov 22, 2005
Initially I doubt a lot of games will be compatible. But with a gorgeous 800x480 screen I have to imagine they'll be updating them to work. Also think of all the flash(.swf) games out there that will work better on 800x480 screens right out of the box.

Ascenca83

Nov 1, 2008
Zurich
A big problem will be the missing D-pad. Are there some solutions for this problem (for example GController or so)?

Eitum

Mar 12, 2007
Pocket DOS

Actually I don't have my HD yet but I'm running Pocket DOS on my Hermes and on this it's no problem playing Master of Orion.
Ok you have to decide if you want to pay 1time 20€ for it or wait every 5 minutes for 15 sec. But i think wih the increase of RAM and CPU Power there should be no Problem to run DOS Games released till 1998.

I can give you a report after I finally got my touch hd.