FORUMS

Background for all Tabs

405 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By Ascenca83, Senior Member on 13th November 2008, 08:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi

I have a question.
I found a thread in which they put some files in to change all backgroounds in all tabs:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=571

So I downladed the files and unzipped them on the PC.
I got 2 files:
5c9aa261_manila
4a087e41_manila

So I thought I had to copy them into the windows folder of the touch hd (am I right?). So I did. The file "4a087e41_manila" copies as it should, but when I try to copy the file "5c9aa261_manila" it says that it has to replace an already existing file. Then I click yes and it says thats not able to overwrite the file, cos its in use.

So does somebody know how to do that and if I am on the right way to install it? (didnt find a howto to install this backgroundmod )

Thanks in advance!
13th November 2008, 01:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascenca83

Hi

I have a question.
I found a thread in which they put some files in to change all backgroounds in all tabs:

I got 2 files:
5c9aa261_manila
4a087e41_manila

So I thought I had to copy them into the windows folder of the touch hd (am I right?). So I did. The file "4a087e41_manila" copies as it should, but when I try to copy the file "5c9aa261_manila" it says that it has to replace an already existing file. Then I click yes and it says thats not able to overwrite the file, cos its in use.

So does somebody know how to do that and if I am on the right way to install it? (didnt find a howto to install this backgroundmod )

Thanks in advance!

use total commander to copy and paste it then it will let you overwrite it or stop tf3d and use TC. it worked great for me but just an FYI, you have to mod the manilla file with a 256x256 pic or you will end up with a white backgroun on every tab instead of your pic
13th November 2008, 01:48 PM |#3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:

Hi

I have a question.

I got 2 files:
5c9aa261_manila
4a087e41_manila

Thanks in advance!

turn off touch flow 3d in the today screen settings and then try and copy it over
13th November 2008, 01:53 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zurich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallman

use total commander to copy and paste it then it will let you overwrite it. THe regular file expolrer in WM is very very basic. Let me know what happens when you do this.

tried like you said and it worked perfektly!
Now I have the dark sky background in every tab expect the today tab, there I have EU at night

Thanks for the help. At least its easy to apply the skin

Ascenca
13th November 2008, 02:46 PM |#5  

More
I made my own manila file and think it looks terrible with this. IT stretches the 256x256. Any chance odf using 512x512 or soemthing that doesnt have to be a perfect square?
15th November 2008, 08:59 PM |#6  
Flag Somerset (physically), Scotland (spiritually)
Thanks Meter: 1,125

More
You've probably worked this out for yourself by now, but i think the trick here is to pick an image that looks good at 800x480 and then use PSP or similar to squish it to 256x256. The HD seems to resize the image to something acceptable when it renders it.

Worked for me anyway. Having said that, the image quality isn't fabulous - decent but not spectacular - from what looked to be a good starting image, so maybe I'm doing something wrong - I'd expect a decent image on a screen like the HD's.

Any other suggestions from those that have already replaced backgrounds?
15th November 2008, 09:04 PM |#7  

More
that is precisely what I am doing with the exact same result. In addition, it seems to position the image a hair to the left..... not sure why.
15th November 2008, 11:12 PM |#8  
Flag Somerset (physically), Scotland (spiritually)
Thanks Meter: 1,125

More
I reckon we're losing detail when the image is compressed and which the HD can't recover when it renders the image. There ought to be a way of sorting this out as there seem to be other examples of decent quality backgrounds on the forum. Maybe these are only home tsb backgrounds though?

Of the two files that change the background I reckon the one that starts with 5 is the one that tells HD what and how to display. If I knew how to edit this I reckon it the displacement issue could be sorted out and it might even be possible to use a bigger image. I'm poking around in the dark though.
15th November 2008, 11:13 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
work great for me !! tnx !!

daniel
16th November 2008, 10:16 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zurich

More
Exclamation Can somebody explain this to me?
Hi guys

I installed the two manila files "5c9aa261_manila" and "4a087e41_manila" (see attached in "manila files.zip") into the windows folder and then reactivated TF3D.

Then I say that the background changed well in all tabs. It seemed everything was all right til I saw this (picture attached). In the all programs list and the share portfoilo tab I see instead of a all white backgroud a dark bar in the upper half of the screen showing the background installed on all tabs.

Now I wanted to know how I could solve this. Hope someone could help me.

Thanks in advance!

Ascenca
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	3063
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	130451  
Attached Files
File Type: zip manila files.zip - [Click for QR Code] (28.7 KB, 681 views)
24th November 2008, 07:27 PM |#11  
Flag North Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Hi guys

I installed the two manila files "5c9aa261_manila" and "4a087e41_manila" (see attached in "manila files.zip") into the windows folder and then reactivated TF3D.

Then I say that the background changed well in all tabs. It seemed everything was all right til I saw this (picture attached). In the all programs list and the share portfoilo tab I see instead of a all white backgroud a dark bar in the upper half of the screen showing the background installed on all tabs.

Now I wanted to know how I could solve this. Hope someone could help me.

Thanks in advance!

Ascenca

I have the same problem. I've even hard reset the device and applied this tweak with the same result. Anyone else have a suggestion??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)