FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[UPG] READ BEFORE FLASHING! Hard-SPL 2.28/3.10/etc - yes with overwrite protection :)

3,040 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

By cmonex, Retired Recognized Developer on 14th November 2008, 10:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
well so finally here's a real hardspl =)

it's based on USPL's - new feature is overwrite protection. so devices won't get bricked if flashing a full shipped rom. the version after flashing this will be "xx.xx.cmon" (ending in cmon).

btw, this uses same CID patches as the 3.07 USPL made by htctouchp but i removed modelid patch after determining it wasn't necessary (makes it safer by not allowing to flash other devices' roms).

also thanks to htctouchp for testing this hardspl.

NOTE that shipped roms with SPL.NBH included will fail to flash until the SPL.NBH is removed (in the past this would have resulted in a brick, now hardspl protects you from this).
also, all these hardspl's include the size patch to allow flashing smaller images via RUU!

usage: download from attachment, flash with pof sspl, enjoy
or if you already have some version of uspl, then just use that to update straight to hardspl. (but after installing hardspl you will always have to use sspl if you want to change spl version, see detailed instructions below.)

more detailed instructions:
this is to flash any SPL: either update to hardspl this way or flash another spl over hardspl. (copied from other post)
0. make sure your device is synced to activesync!!
1. Run the elf-uspl.exe from ELF_USPL_2.26.0000.zip
2. Watch Screen and Press Enter When Asked.
3. Screen should Jump to White on Phone and on PC Flashing Loading Bar will Show.
4. Stuck in Black Ducky Loading Screen?, check Active Sync Connection or Do a hard reset on Phone first. But be sure to do the last Actual Flashing in White Screen. Sometimes this needs a few tries to go through white screen.
5. Done.

UPDATE: 2.26 and 2.28 hardspl's: 2.28 is best if 3.x versions don't seem to work on your device. very stable because it seemed to work on any elf/elfin so far.
...get them from attachments in this post,
and thanks to htctouchp (Aman) for saving me time by editing these!

UPDATE: 3.10 HSPL: Aman found a new SPL update and ported my hacks to it, thanks attached to this post too.

UPDATE: 3.14 HSPL: Aman found yet another new SPL update and again ported my hacks to it; newest attachment in this post. new feature: cool picture while device is charging!! if you don't like the idea of the device being on in bootloader when it's not in use just charging the battery, you can stick to 3.10 or 2.28.

IMPORTANT: 2.26 and 2.28 are for both Elf and Elfin, but 3.07 and 3.10/3.14 sometimes don't work on 64mb Elf so if you have that device, test with USPL version first
still, if you've managed to flash the wrong version, then to unbrick, see for now: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=155

IMPORTANT 2: 3.14 can Cause Larger Battery Drain then expected.

Further Plans When I Get The Time:
- better integration of SSPL loader, and check included to prevent 3.xx installing on Elf's
- user friendly unbricking

finally, donations are always appreciated to "To Cmonex" link in my signature
Attached Files
File Type: zip hardspl_for_elf_307_2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (234.0 KB, 24806 views)
File Type: zip hardspl_for_elf_226.zip - [Click for QR Code] (233.2 KB, 12877 views)
File Type: zip hardspl_for_elf_228.zip - [Click for QR Code] (233.8 KB, 23080 views)
File Type: zip ELFIN_HSPL_3.10.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.44 MB, 42711 views)
File Type: zip IPL_HSPL_314.zip - [Click for QR Code] (235.6 KB, 17558 views)

14th November 2008, 10:09 AM |#2  
Senior Moderator Emeritus + Wiki Bureaucrat
Flag Huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 493

More
Nice Work - do you ever sleep

I'll sticky this for you cmonex.

Dave
14th November 2008, 10:11 AM |#3  
Retired Moderator
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
let me be the 1st one to say

THANK YOU

you are the best!! simply the best
14th November 2008, 10:17 AM |#4  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 1,560

More
Thumbs up Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokotas

7. CID Unlock your phone
(4) Elf&Elfin HardSPL (Not available yet)

Always wanted to change the above statement in the RollUp...
You made it true!
Thanx!
14th November 2008, 10:27 AM |#5  
Flag System Error
Thanks Meter: 273

More
will wonders never cease. finally a hardSPL. thankx a lot bro...
14th November 2008, 10:56 AM |#6  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I Wish I had this Before I tried To Flash The New 6.1 Rom LOL -

Had To Use the Goldcard to method to unbrick. Well At least I unbricked it And now I wont have to worry about that again thanks to this
14th November 2008, 11:00 AM |#7  
Flag Varna
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Last night I stack at tricolor screen. can this help me and how? Sorry I'm new here.
14th November 2008, 11:18 AM |#8  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex

well so finally here's a real hardspl =)

it's based on 3.07 -..
finally, donations are always appreciated to "To Cmonex" link in my signature

Thenx
14th November 2008, 11:42 AM |#9  
Flag Paris

More
Thanks cmonex for this HardSPL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by malintzin

Last night I stack at tricolor screen. can this help me and how? Sorry I'm new here.

No sorry it's too late.

but try the gold card unbriker
14th November 2008, 12:46 PM |#10  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
But Wont This Lock Your SPL

So If You Want To Update To A Older Or Newer SPL Then You Wont Be Able To Please Let Me Know Cause I Justed Used This And I Tried To Down grade the SPL and I Was Unable To
14th November 2008, 01:48 PM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5,366

More
Thank you so much cmonex! what would we (or at least I) do without you and Olipro!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)