Quote:
Originally Posted by roydok

I read this article from Treocentral:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2197-1.htm

it gives me goosebumps!!!!
22nd November 2008, 03:54 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mine is cracked.... in 3 zones.....one month of life......
1st December 2008, 08:06 AM |#4  

More
Same here...a little crack near WiFi button. Have no clue where did it come from...
30th December 2008, 03:08 PM |#5  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Same here....i have a crack above the volume button and one that started at the wifi button and is now all around in the front by the end button (WITHOUT DROPPING IT). It seems that a second crack is starting by the wifi as well!!! I am sooo disapointed in the build quality and after spending 500$$ and 2 months of ownership i am looking for my next phone...PALM----> very disapointed
31st December 2008, 12:40 AM |#6  

More
Mine is cracked in 1 zone, bad product, 1 month

I found another split underneath the button of the volume
:'(
31st December 2008, 01:46 PM |#7  

More
I had a crack from the display to the volume button and from there to the back, separating the small bar left of the volume bar. You could easily lift it with a fingernail. Unfortunately i dropped mine two times (on the street >.<) so it was pretty torn, but sending it back for repair to amazon, complaining about the crack and hinting at the reports about these cracks, they gave me a full refund and i took that and bought a htc touch 3g...i am much happier with that phone, 100+ better ootb experience...
16th April 2009, 03:28 PM |#8  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Palm Treo Pro: say no to cracks!!!
I purchased my Palm Treo Pro on March 15th, 2009. Like many of you, I was excited to purchase this phone. Also like many of you, during my research of the phone, I came across numerous sites listing the spontaneous body cracks which appeared on the phone after a disturbingly short period of time.

I thought to myself, "I'm very careful with my phones...surely my being cautious will prevent any cracks from developing on the phone, unless I drop it, sit on it, Doc Brown distracts me and I accidentally leave it on top of the DeLorean as I approach 88 MPH, etc."

So as I'm leaving work yesterday, I pull my phone out of the case...and there are two cracks! Both cracks are located right above the send & end buttons. I couldn't believe it.

Now, many people say they baby this phone, and I am no different. It wasn't even a month! I contacted my retailer who, very nicely, pointed me towards contacting Palm directly. After getting transferred a couple of times, I was finally connected to a Palm CSR named Laura.

Since I was in customer service many years ago, I know how tough it can be and I didn't want to lay into her. I know firsthand how much it sucks to deal with pissed-off customers when you personally can't control what happened to them, nor the company rules which you have to abide by. So I was nice!

Laura asked for my name, if I had contacted Palm previously, the serial number of the phone, etc. She then said my phone would be repaired under warranty, but that it would take 3 ( as in the number directly following "2") weeks to get my phone back. Three weeks! Naturally I was taken aback and asked, "why is it going to take that long?!??!" She said that Palm is currently in the process of upgrading their repair capabilities and that, unfortunately, was the reason for the delay.

After talking to her for a bit longer, I realized that I wasn't going to get to anything further from her. She said Palm would send me an email within 24hours on the return instructions.

I have an older back-up phone in case of emergencies, but Palm doesn't know this, and many people don't have the luxury of a back up phone. Clearly I had enough money to buy a high-end phone in the first place, so it's not the end of the world that my smartphone has cracks in it. On the other hand, I'm not wealthy and I worked hard & saved so I could buy this phone. My last smartphone - not the backup I mentioned - was a T-Mobile Dash. I loved that phone and it sucked that it got stolen from the gym. I sat on, dropped, & accidentally stepped on the Dash, and the only visible damage was a few scuffs on the battery cover. And this is after 2 years of use. Now, I've had the Treo Pro for less than a month, have babied it, and cracks have already developed on the body?!?!? That's not right.

I'm going to contact Palm again today and see if I can't get higher up the corporate chain to speed up the repair/replacement process. I'm also debating whether or not this is even worth my time since I may receive a replacement with the same faults.
16th April 2009, 06:02 PM |#9  
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I have dropped, bumped, sat on, stepped on, skated on, and clunked around my treo pro, and it hasnt a single scuff or scratch, and not a single crack... You've now scared me into treating my phone with much much greater care.
My phone is from Bell, if that means anything, and it hasnt a single crack--god forbid-- yet.
16th April 2009, 07:10 PM |#10  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Buyer beware?
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidhax

I have dropped, bumped, sat on, stepped on, skated on, and clunked around my treo pro, and it hasnt a single scuff or scratch, and not a single crack... You've now scared me into treating my phone with much much greater care.
My phone is from Bell, if that means anything, and it hasnt a single crack--god forbid-- yet.

I was reading on another major Treo site that it seems certain batches of the Treo Pro are suffering the most cracks. I'd have to conduct my own research before I'd call that the gospel truth, but it doesn't seem too far fetched. As far as TP's in Canada, I'm not sure what batch/week number they are, so hopefully Palm had already weeded out the design flaw with Bell's Treo Pros - and I feel it's safe to call it a design flaw at this point with the dozens of compelling testimonials I've read.
22nd April 2009, 12:02 AM |#11  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 1,454

Donate to Me
More
I too had the Pro with creaky case syndrome.. that advanced into cracks in the same places ppl have been talking about. I traded it in for a new one... and it started creaking slightly again. So, I bought a frkin case and now i don't think about it... that much. The Seido case is really nice tho.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread