FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] LUMOS v1.0 *FINAL* (Complete HTC Auto-Backlight replacement) [UPD.:08-02-2011]

1,669 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,795

By nik3r, Senior Member on 25th November 2008, 02:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2010, 11:08 AM |#551  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Acer Neotouch?
Hi!

I would really love to try this out!
Any chance of getting this to work on the Acer Neotouch?

I get an error message (no HTCSensorSDK), and I tried downloading a copy to the Windows folder, and the error message disappeared (which doesn't necessarily mean it's working, just that the DLL was found?)

Anyway, when I try to run the wizard, a language selection dialog box appears, and then disappears...

Thanks
/Sifaan
3rd February 2010, 11:13 AM |#552  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budweis

More
Perhaps if you can point me to a sensor SDK that works for your device I could make it compatible, no chance otherwise.
7th February 2010, 02:07 PM |#553  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi,
I'm trying your lumos V10RC2, but i don't know if is it running or not ?
my stupid questions are
1. How do i know my lumos is running ?
2. On the 1st step it said that i have to close the sensor light, Where is sensor light ?
thanks
7th February 2010, 02:36 PM |#554  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budweis

More
Lightbulb
Lumos is working once you tap save&apply or after soft reset, you don't see anything other than it doing its job on external light change. You can also see it in task manager that shows running processes.

The sensor looks like a little LED and it's usually placed around the front phone speaker. However current Lumos version has a bug in calibration that renders the first step useless, it always shows 0.

And yes, I will fix it.. eventually
8th February 2010, 04:11 AM |#555  
Flag Jakarta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik3r

Lumos is working once you tap save&apply or after soft reset, you don't see anything other than it doing its job on external light change. You can also see it in task manager that shows running processes.

The sensor looks like a little LED and it's usually placed around the front phone speaker. However current Lumos version has a bug in calibration that renders the first step useless, it always shows 0.

And yes, I will fix it.. eventually

I can't see lumos in my task manager
but, when i click lumos.exe from program files,it said " do you want to stop lumos?" something like that, is it mean my lumos has run ?
thanks
8th February 2010, 04:51 AM |#556  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_delgeano

I can't see lumos in my task manager
but, when i click lumos.exe from program files,it said " do you want to stop lumos?" something like that, is it mean my lumos has run ?
thanks

You wont see Lumos in the task manager as a "running" program. Look at the processes, there you'll find it taking almost zero ressources and just a few bytes in memory. Great app until day one it was released.
8th February 2010, 06:05 AM |#557  
Flag Jakarta

More
After i installed sTaskmanager, now i can see lumos
so
And now it's time to wait the patch
8th February 2010, 06:06 AM |#558  
Flag Jakarta

More
After i installed sTaskmanager, now i can see lumos
so
And now it's time to wait the patch
9th February 2010, 11:57 AM |#559  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Seems there's an issue with Lumos and the G-sensor on the HD2. When Lumos is running, it makes any app that uses the G-sensor hang for a moment everytime it reads the light sensor. On an app like Caver (ageye.de), it locks about 500ms at every sensor read, making the game unplayable. It's less noticeable in the built-in Teeter game, but still visible.

I'm on the official 1.66 ROM, but others have reported it too.

Would it be possible to disable auto backlight control by Lumos, but just keep the exceptions?
I'm OK with the built-in auto backlight control, but would just want the backlight to be forced to full in selected applications (photo and video viewer). Could Lumos have a mode that only monitors the active window, if an exception is found it forces backight to the set level like now, and otherwise just activates the device's default auto backlight function? That would be a workaround until a sensor read fix is found.
10th February 2010, 09:17 AM |#560  
Paris
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Question Scale in HTC auto mode ?
Hello

I'm experiencing some little lags due to Lumos in a lot of applications on my HTC HD2. Therefore, I'd prefer to avoid using it, even if it works fine in term of efficiency.

The only thing that was annoying me before is the range of possible brightness in the automatic mode, which seems to be only from 30% to about 80%.
It's a to small range, especially in the dark areas!

Does somebody know how to change this range with a simple regkey?

The only ones I found are in Current_user\ControlPanel\Backlight :
MaxBrightnessScale and MinBrightnessScale, but they only seem to concern the range in the manual mode...

Where to find the same in auto mode? That would be a simple change...

Thanks for your help
10th February 2010, 09:11 PM |#561  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Not working on HD2 ROM 1.66
On my HD2, ROM 1.48, with NetCF 3.5 Lumos worked perfectly. Now I have upgraded to ROM 1.66 and Lumos asks for a newer version of NetCF. But when I install the NetCF with which Lumos used to work, I'm told this is already present in ROM. So I shouldn't need to install it, right? But how to get it to work?
Help would be appreciated, since I dearly love this app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backlight control, backlight settings, battery life, lumos auto backlight, windows mobile

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)