FORUMS

Sliding Panel Plugin - Task App

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Unknownman, Member on 25th November 2008, 06:07 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Hello,

This is a program that uses polling to check if tasks have been changed and then posts the changes to the homescreen. Written in managed C# code. We will start the most recent version as v0.0.1 because i have done several changes since the beginning of the project and none of them were documented we will consider this as the base version and will build from there.

---(VERSION 0.0.1.5)---
fixed problem from 0.0.1.4 were it would try to delete a registry key subtree that would not be there because it was the first time running the program.

---(REQUIREMENTS)---
Windows Mobile 6.1 Enabled Smartphone

---(INSTALLATION)---
The One Step Installation
(since im new and don't know how to create a .cab its just an executable)

-unzip the .exe into a directory and execute.(Technically this could be 2 steps but im going to consolidate them into one because they are quite simple.)

---(CURRENTLY KNOWN PROBLEMS)---
Known problems that I am trying to work on.

-There have been accounts of the homescreen locking up with users using NRG Mini Weather.(Not sure if there could be a solution to this so if you have this program there may be possible problems. If you don't experience problems please leave comments.)

-When the selected task is selected and the middle button is pressed it takes the user to the tasks screen and not to the selected task.(Currently it is just executing the tasks.exe programn, but im still working on a way to change this).

---(View Source)---
https://OpenSVN.csie.org/viewcvs.cgi/?root=ChomePlugin

---(Source Code)---
Upon request

---(IMAGES)---
|||
(and yes that plump bust is mine)
Attached Files
File Type: zip version0.0.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.9 KB, 845 views)
25th November 2008, 07:45 PM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 238

More
Could you please post a screen shot?!
25th November 2008, 08:38 PM |#3  
Detroit
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Hey unknown man

about my previous post. I've got one real task, but there are three pages. one real task, and two that say 'create new task' this is on 0.0.0.9

I'll update and see what happens.
25th November 2008, 08:48 PM |#4  
Detroit

More
Screenshot of Task
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sshot000.jpg
Views:	963
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	132671  
25th November 2008, 10:20 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyvnilly

Hey unknown man

about my previous post. I've got one real task, but there are three pages. one real task, and two that say 'create new task' this is on 0.0.0.9

I'll update and see what happens.

I know the update fixed my problems but please respond as to if they had fixed yours please.
25th November 2008, 10:35 PM |#6  
Detroit

More
on Ricky's 1.6 remake of NRG's rom, the 1.5 really freezes everything. I put it on my phone, rebooted, opened file explorer, 1. the icon/Chomeplugin flickers like crazy, 2. the loading pie never disappears 3. when i click home, i can go back to the home screen, and the panel works great, my bug with the # of tasks shown is resolved. When I click edit task, it goes to tasks, 4. but as soon as i do anything (clicking on the tasks themselves, clicking menu button) Tasks freezes. 4. Celetask, file explorer, and Tasks are all frozen.

I'm gonna say that this app or vice versa the ROM are not ready for each other. What Rom you running unknownman? I may go back to Ricky Rom v24, I'm just unhappy with how many problems are in my current one.

[edit] a second reboot yields better results, it doesnt freeze anymore.
26th November 2008, 04:30 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyvnilly

on Ricky's 1.6 remake of NRG's rom, the 1.5 really freezes everything. I put it on my phone, rebooted, opened file explorer, 1. the icon/Chomeplugin flickers like crazy, 2. the loading pie never disappears 3. when i click home, i can go back to the home screen, and the panel works great, my bug with the # of tasks shown is resolved. When I click edit task, it goes to tasks, 4. but as soon as i do anything (clicking on the tasks themselves, clicking menu button) Tasks freezes. 4. Celetask, file explorer, and Tasks are all frozen.

I'm gonna say that this app or vice versa the ROM are not ready for each other. What Rom you running unknownman? I may go back to Ricky Rom v24, I'm just unhappy with how many problems are in my current one.

[edit] a second reboot yields better results, it doesnt freeze anymore.

the rom im using is the one that was stock with my Pantech Duo. So im not using any cooked roms.
1st December 2008, 01:58 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Unknownman, thanks so much for your hard work on this application! I will be installing this tomorrow hopefully and I will hopefully find some bugs for you to squash.

Also, very noobish question, but when you come out with a new version, do you just run the exe again, or have to uninstall the previous?
1st December 2008, 08:03 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoaster

Unknownman, thanks so much for your hard work on this application! I will be installing this tomorrow hopefully and I will hopefully find some bugs for you to squash.

Also, very noobish question, but when you come out with a new version, do you just run the exe again, or have to uninstall the previous?

As it currently stands when you need to get a new version either reboot your phone or shut down the app by creating a task with the subject line of "shutdown" without the quotes. Ill add that to the instructions when i release a new version.
2nd December 2008, 12:27 AM |#10  

More
Things are going great on 0.0.1.5 (?). Quick question though; I use Agenda One to handle tasks and such. Is there a way to allow the tasks panels to link to Agenda One's task creator/manager instead of the default WM task creator/manager?

Another quick question: Does anyone know how to set WM to look beyond "tomorrow" for appointments? It would be nice if we can set how many days in advance to see the upcoming appointments. I used Facade previously, but it doesn't work with the Sliding Panels. Any ideas?
4th December 2008, 12:57 AM |#11  

More
Just a quick note. I have created tasks but once they have been completed, they do not disappear from the panels. Is this still a problem?
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread