FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Remote Touch Delta v2.0: Quickest remote control + File Transfer app for WiMo.

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Remote.Touch, Member on 28th November 2008, 07:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

For all the latest news & details check out
http://t2remotetouch.blogspot.com/

The quickest remote control application to control your computer using your Windows Mobile phone. Really easy to use, powerful and free. Designed with touch screen in mind.

Send and Receive files from your PC and mobile while using Remote Touch. It works in a way that you can Send, Receive and control your PC all at the same time (i.e really fast) !!
There are Click Mode, Overview Mode, Scroll Mode and D-pad for easy navigation.

How does it work ? See it in action.

You Tube Video: Remote Touch Delta Feature Walkthrough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqAc-ZEiv6w

You Tube Video: Using Remote Touch Keyboard Maker to create your own keyboard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8jbt5TQULM

A step by step guide to installing remote touch here:

Installing Remote Touch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ8aR-XIyFQ

Updated to 2.0

# Delta v2.0

* On Screen Display (OSD).
* Internet Browser Osd.
* Configurable Keyboard (Create your own Remote Keyboard !).
* Click Mode Osd.
* Scroll Mode Osd.
* Overview Mode Osd.
* Notification Bar.
* Improved Zoom Quality.
* Keyboard Preview.
* HW Keyboard Support (Updated 11.05.09).

Gamma v1.3 Updates:
+ Proper WM5 Support.
+ Change profiles/quality settings on-the-fly.
+ Faster Landscape / Portrait Rotation.
+ Better Minimize Functionality.
+ No longer Always-on-top.
+ Installs for all Users.

Gamma v1.2 Updates:
+ Landscape + Portrait Orientation support.
+ Minimize Remote Touch. (Only works on some mobiles atm.)
+ Massive Remote Touch Keyboard Upgrade.
+ Scroll Mode Architecture Overhaul.
+ Dual Monitor Support.
+ Improved UI.
+ Various Bug Fixes (Full Screen etc).
+ Removed Feature: HW Keyboard Support.
(Commercial Version also available now.)

Gamma v1.1 Updates:
+ Color scroll mode.
+ Multiple Server Profiles.
+ Start up loading screen.
+ View layers (like Windows Sidebar in vista).
+ Bug Fixes

Gamma v1.0 Updates:
+ File & Clipboard transfer between mobile & PC.
+ Schedule transfer from your PC.
+ D-pad navigation.
+ Hardware keyboard support.
+ Bug Fixes.

Beta2 Updates:
+ Fixed memory usage. Works well now on high resolution phones like HTC Diamond, Touch HD.
+ Use either IP Address (e.g. 1.2.3.4) or DNS Name (e.g johnsmith.no-ip.biz) in the Remote Touch on your Windows mobile.
+ Improved keyboard functionality.

Requirements:
+ Windows Mobile Pocket PC
+ Windows Computer to control.
+ Wifi or internet connection.

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT REMOTE TOUCH DEVELOPMENT:
Remote Touch is free, but if you like the software and use it, why not donate something or click on the ads in my blog ?

Thanks for your support !

28th November 2008, 08:07 AM |#2  

More
Wow! i thought i was impressed by your first release! THIS IS GREAT! Thank you!
28th November 2008, 09:30 AM |#3  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Great App, very fast and good looking:
2 Suggestions:
- easier way to transfer the files from PC to PPC - for example per shortcut in the right-click menu (instead of "copy and paste", "Send to Remote Touch")
- the fullscreen keyboard is ok, but my preference would be a keyboard where I can see what I am writing

For me these would be a great improvement

Melkor
28th November 2008, 10:43 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
is this support control over bluetooth?

is there such app? (control my pc with bluetooth or at least something like universal remote using bluetooth)
28th November 2008, 11:22 PM |#5  

More
Talking
Works great with my tilt. I troubleshooted for a sec figuring the configs out and here is my experience...

Originally, it connected/ran fine but only while connected thru usb-activesync or wifi pointing to 192.168.100. It would not establish thru gprs or hsdpa (obvious enough, right)

Then, I read a little closer. I enabled port-forwarding as instructed. I am still maintaining dynamic ip assigned internet so i utilized the no-ip software and setup a static host here. I adjusted url in setup to point to that static host and can now access the pc thru gprs (i must still activate the internet connect first i.e., by clicking and updating weather or any other internet stimulant app) but WOW!! Seems faster than RDM

However, I can only get connection properly thru gprs while first having McAfee set to open firewall protection. I tried setting permissions for 192.168.1 ranges but no luck. Only successful thru gprs when mcafee firewall set wide open. Once, RemoteTouch session started and established, I can then change the firewall settings back to say trusting, but cannot restart remotetouch with firewall less than wide open. (something obvious im missing? like before)

I love the app and would like to demonstrate but wish not to leave my firewall wide open any tips on how this is accomplished?

And thank you big time Mr. Sanjay Thomas.

Quote:

nap007 wrote:

is this support control over bluetooth?

is there such app? (control my pc with bluetooth or at least something like universal remote using bluetooth)

no this is thru internet or usb i think only.
bluetooth app here http://www.jaylee.org/remotecontrol/
4th December 2008, 11:40 AM |#6  
OP Member
Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor

Great App, very fast and good looking:
2 Suggestions:
- easier way to transfer the files from PC to PPC - for example per shortcut in the right-click menu (instead of "copy and paste", "Send to Remote Touch")
- the fullscreen keyboard is ok, but my preference would be a keyboard where I can see what I am writing

For me these would be a great improvement

Melkor

Thanks for the tips !

Yes I want to allow both the standard SIP as well as my keyboard in future releases.
I will eventually add a menu item in windows explorer to copy and paste (this is low in my list of features at the moment though).
4th December 2008, 11:49 AM |#7  
OP Member
Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anmclark23

Works great with my tilt. I troubleshooted for a sec figuring the configs out and here is my experience...

Originally, it connected/ran fine but only while connected thru usb-activesync or wifi pointing to 192.168.100. It would not establish thru gprs or hsdpa (obvious enough, right)

Then, I read a little closer. I enabled port-forwarding as instructed. I am still maintaining dynamic ip assigned internet so i utilized the no-ip software and setup a static host here. I adjusted url in setup to point to that static host and can now access the pc thru gprs (i must still activate the internet connect first i.e., by clicking and updating weather or any other internet stimulant app) but WOW!! Seems faster than RDM

However, I can only get connection properly thru gprs while first having McAfee set to open firewall protection. I tried setting permissions for 192.168.1 ranges but no luck. Only successful thru gprs when mcafee firewall set wide open. Once, RemoteTouch session started and established, I can then change the firewall settings back to say trusting, but cannot restart remotetouch with firewall less than wide open. (something obvious im missing? like before)

I love the app and would like to demonstrate but wish not to leave my firewall wide open any tips on how this is accomplished?

And thank you big time Mr. Sanjay Thomas.

no this is thru internet or usb i think only.
bluetooth app here http://www.jaylee.org/remotecontrol/

Glad you like it the software.
I don't use McAfee but should be able to allow traffic through port 3230.
Are you using Windows Firewall also ?

You can use any internet connection, WiFi or ... usb, although I've yet to figure the use of using Remote Touch through a USB wire.
4th December 2008, 06:20 PM |#8  
this Apps rocks...
No problem with this Gamma version ! great improvment !
4th December 2008, 06:48 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 98

Donate to Me
More
Works great and much faster than any remote desktop access solution i've seen so far
I have one question though: Is there a way to make it work for secondary display as well? In a dual-display environment RemoteTouch shows only the primary display.
4th December 2008, 06:52 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
so how would you connect to a non static ip address of a computer on a wireless router...the ip would change anytime you power cycled the (in my case) cable modem or refreshed/renewed in ipconfig

would you have to change the ip address in the ppc program as the ip changed on the pc or is there a way to monitor any changes made and adjust accordingly?
4th December 2008, 08:56 PM |#11  

More
thank u very much for the great app

i run it in my ppc and it work great , but it works only by the usb.
i tried to run it by useing the wifi but it says(connection failed)
i did what u saied , i used opera and updated wather then run the remote touch but it always say error .

am i missing any thing??!, please help me , i really need this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
free remote touch

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)