problem S2U2 on X1.

Search This thread

randy_c

Sep 18, 2008
denver
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
has anyone experience any problem when using S2U2 on X1? I can press panel key or Ok key then it will take me to the panel/today screen without slide to unlock.
S2U2 screen sometimes display abnormal

Please?

skycamefalling

Dec 6, 2008
Austria
has anyone experience any problem when using S2U2 on X1? I can press panel key or Ok key then it will take me to the panel/today screen without slide to unlock.

Same here. The Panelbutton as well as the Camera button still work in S2U2 lock mode. It doesn't concern me much, because it's essential that noone gets a phone call or music starts to play while the phone is in my pocket. If the panel-button is accidentally pressed nothing bad happens.

S2U2 screen sometimes display abnormal
Please?

This sometimes occured when I set the "Display Mode" to DirectDraw. Now I use RawBuffer and haven't had this problem for 3 weeks now.

Let me ask you a question:
When in landscape-mode and the phone is locked with S2U2 the button to slide reacts very slow. In portrait-mode the button follows the finger very quickly. Is it the same with your phone?

randy_c

Sep 18, 2008
denver
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Let me ask you a question:
When in landscape-mode and the phone is locked with S2U2 the button to slide reacts very slow. In portrait-mode the button follows the finger very quickly. Is it the same with your phone?[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem. Maybe it's the X1

skycamefalling

Dec 6, 2008
Austria
Thanks, so then I'm calmed :D First I thought it could be an issue of the picture I use but after a few different ones it was still the same. So it's not just my phone :)

aussiebum

Dec 5, 2008
that's interesting, with the exception of the landscape problem I wasn't aware of the x-panel and camera button issues. This is more likely going to be a fix / update needed for S2U2...

F-Styla

Feb 27, 2009
Düsseldorf
I have got the same problem.
S2U2 doesn't work correctly in landscape mode on my Xperia. The sliding thing and the whole program become very slow.
This problem doesn't seem to be solved yet.
I am wondering if its a Xperia only problem, otherwise in should have been fixed till now.

skycamefalling

Dec 6, 2008
Austria
I have got the same problem.
S2U2 doesn't work correctly in landscape mode on my Xperia. The sliding thing and the whole program become very slow.
This problem doesn't seem to be solved yet.
I am wondering if its a Xperia only problem, otherwise in should have been fixed till now.

The Xperia always seems to be very slow in landscape mode no matter if I'm using the SE panel, the messaging application or touchflo3D. Very strange behaviour considering the display resolution stays the same.

dekeijzer

Dec 1, 2008
It is partly a xperia specific problem. The panel button is controlled at a very low level in the phone. The panel button action is located in the registry, but that action is called from a low level. The button isn`t recorded by most programs.
A_C knows of this issue.

btw, you can disable landscape for s2u2. So it`s in portrait allways.

skycamefalling

Dec 6, 2008
Austria
btw, you can disable landscape for s2u2. So it`s in portrait allways.

Yeah, that's right. But then sometimes the screen messes up completely when I slide out the keyboard and the phone wants to change the screen mode. Also, I have problems with the dialer and S2U2. Sometimes the dialer screen stays on top but S2U2 locks the screen. There is no way to unlock the screen anymore because S2U2 is not on top but the dialer screen cannot be closed.

F-Styla

Feb 27, 2009
Düsseldorf
If this problem is Xperia specific, I will disable S2U2 in landscape mode. I always hoped they will bring a update which solves this problem.
The Xperia always seems to be very slow in landscape mode no matter if I'm using the SE panel, the messaging application or touchflo3D. Very strange behaviour considering the display resolution stays the same.

Yes i realized the same. I thought this would be a problem of Windows Mobile and not of the Xperia. If it is a Xperia problem, this is a big minus point for the phone.

Last edited:

kitzie

Mar 22, 2009
It's a nice unlock system, but I have found that when I use this programme the battery loses power quickly.

killerskincanoe

Mar 4, 2009
Sony Xperia Ion
Oppo Find 5
was using ver 1.44 very stable for a long time
until i installed panel manager from r3a... same issues with panel button unlocking and ok button unlocking

upgraded to 1.62 and problems got worse...

downgraded to 1.52 and switched back to panel manager r2a for the time being.. which is ok.. b/c i rarely used the growing panel and the new cnn panel sucked anyway.. :(

would love to have all the features of s2u2 1.62 but alas xperia doesn't quite seem to work that well with it

currently i have s2u2 set to ignore screen rotation and not unlock with keyboard slide out

my only real grief at this point is that it won't let me use slied to answer or just the regular answer keys with caller id turned on ... i have to turn it off and use the SE answer key completely unlocks my phone to display that message too so agravating...

A_c makes a kick ass program none-the-less ... !!!

jcsxda

Nov 10, 2008
London
Camera and Panel button are known issues ...but not a problem for me either -as I do not see S2U2 as a "security focused lock" ...instead I see it as a "prevent accidental calls etc" type of lock
I still use the system lock with password if I need to "security lock it" (using a today shortcut that immediately invokes it, with password)

Must say I suffered some probs with v1.4 and v1.5 (caller ID & power drain)
But am using 1.62 without problems -it doesn't freeze on caller ID (I have it on window rather than full screen) and the battery drain has gone completely (uses <10% overnight for example, with G-alarm and data / active sync both running all night)

I found that it really was critical to uninstall, delete the S2U2 folder in program files, and delete the whole S2U2 tree in the registry ...and then soft reset -before installing the new version

I'm a huge fan of S2U2 ...its just awesome -without a doubt THE must-have app IMHO and always the first thing I install after a hard reset

shooi

Feb 3, 2009
I use S2U2 and have just upgraded to 1.62. Seems to be working ok so far, although no-one's called me since I upgraded so not sure of freeze problem :-(
(note to self: Get out more, make some friends ;-)

I find landscape doesn't work well at all with S2U2, but then I also find that with PointUI Home2, so maybe it's an X1 thing with particular software...?

Mr Anderson

Nov 14, 2008
The battery drain issue does seem to be resolved in 1.62.

I too am having problems with screen freezing when a call is received - the slider doesn't answer and since I had the buttons disabled there was no way to answer the call.

I'm still experimenting with other settings but I don't get many calls so it is a long process. :rolleyes:

Still, a superb program and essential for me because of the problems with a magnetic case which causes calls to be answered just by removing the phone from the case.

Ineedtoys

Camera and Panel button are known issues ...but not a problem for me either -as I do not see S2U2 as a "security focused lock" ...instead I see it as a "prevent accidental calls etc" type of lock
Which means it can't even do accidental call prevention properly, as I found today. It's still quite easy to press the Panel button then the Call button in succession, as they are next to each other, especially if the phone's in a case. Result - pocket dialling, defeating the whole object of program. Shame really, as I've found S2U2 ideal on other phones.

Last edited:

SkyW4lk3r

Apr 8, 2009
Yep landscape is very slow ..... when i put ignore screen rotation on sometimes when open the keyboard screen goes all fuzzy... bitof a problem. But its a great program...sure it just needs some tweaks n bugfixxes for the X1

Last edited: