Boog's 2.10 lite and full rom 20931/20755 LZX compression (updated 5/9/09)

Search This thread

boog

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
OK, all you flashing addicts, here is another WM6.1 rom!

This is Based on Josh's Saphire Pro Kitchen, with my fixes/updates. I wanted a simple but full rom with the least amount of configuring/installing/changing of things as possible, with decent free storage/program memory, stable, and this is where it is. I removed a couple things so it should be ok to release here on xda dev (paid for programs removed).

I want to thank ivanmmj for the lzx compression. The full rom is around 61 meg of free storage, and the lite rom should be close to 70!

A couple screenshots. If someone takes some screenshots, I'll post them here.
CapScr0001-2.jpg

Items in blue included in full rom only.
Included Programs:
Adobe Reader Le 2.5
Office with One Note
HTC Album In Landscape v1.0.1030.720
Obex Inbox
Pocket Digital Clock v1.1.8.1
Alt Tab
Google Maps v2.2.0.19
QuickMenu 2.8

Start Clean
HTC 10 Button Com Manager
crc's Arcsoft MMS v5.0.31.11
Keyboard in AT&T/8525 Format
Shaps Advanced Config 3.3
3G turned off by default (my network doesn't have 3G, you can re-enable in the com manager)
Opal Phone Canvas
FdcSoft Task Manager v3.1
CRC's Device Update

6mpp

Bluetooth works perfect, you can add more than 2 devices.

Thanks to Josh, and all the others who created the Kitchens and tools to do this, otherwise I would have no clue how to do any of this (and I'm still learning!), my hat off to you guys, many many thanks. There are so many involved, that I really have no clue who all to thank!

Download:
Full
Lite

If you want to donate, donate to Josh, anryl, ivanmmj and crc! Their info has helped me the most (weather they know it or not!)

Last edited:

burkay

Jul 30, 2007
Izmir
homes.ieu.edu.tr
Included Programs:
Adobe Reader Le
Office with One Note
HTC Album In Landscape
moBlue
Pocket Digital Clock
Alt Tab
Google Maps
Start Clean
HTC 10 Button Com Manager
HTC Arcsoft MMS 5
File Explorer Extensions (can be uninstalled)
HButton (can be uninstalled)
HTC Task Manager (X button)
Keyboard in AT&T/8525 Format
Shaps Advanced Config
3G turned off by default (my network doesn't have 3G, you can re-enable in the com manager)
Opera Mobile
Opal Phone Canvas
Also Automatically sets up for Cincinnati Bell Wireless, but you can remove the settings and insert your own.
6mpp

this seems almost perfect even for my taste. I will give this a try.

+ Que PPC

Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
Forgot somethings on your First post men!

RBS???? programs version?

I will give it a try some polish from saphire huh! many thanks men will report later... im Downloading!!!! as i write this.

The connection is so sloooooooooooowwwwww... jejeje gonna wait for mirror? josh?..... :)

boog

May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
RBS???? programs version?

I will give it a try some polish from saphire huh! many thanks men will report later... im Downloading!!!! as i write this.

The connection is so sloooooooooooowwwwww... jejeje gonna wait for mirror? josh?..... :)

Sorry about the slow connection! It's my home connection (road runner cable).

It is RBS. About 50meg free in storage.

I'll work on the program versions, and get a couple screenshots up. Might take me till later to get them up, the better half is having a get together at our house tonight.

+ Que PPC

Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
well thanks for all

thanks for the mirror Josh i have it now!!! almost 2MB p second thanks a lot...

it doesnt matter men bout your cable conn... hope its good the rom.

burkay

Jul 30, 2007
Izmir
homes.ieu.edu.tr
I flashed the rom and so far everything seems to be fast and stable.
However, I had some minor problems.
* After the initial startup, file explorer extension wasn't working. I had to uninstall it and install my own copy to make it work.
* There are some cab files in the /Windows folder. Are they really supposed to be there? It seems like a waste of ROM space to me.
* The X-button software has some messed up fonts. Instead of the names of the software, when I click and hold on the x-button, I see some squares.
* It seems like you included the Helvetica font. Where is this necessary? If it is not required by a certain software, I would remove the font completely.
* This is a personal preference but instead of the bulky and slow Opera, I would include Skyfire. It is much much faster than Opera.

boog

May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
I flashed the rom and so far everything seems to be fast and stable.
However, I had some minor problems.
* After the initial startup, file explorer extension wasn't working. I had to uninstall it and install my own copy to make it work.
* There are some cab files in the /Windows folder. Are they really supposed to be there? It seems like a waste of ROM space to me.
* The X-button software has some messed up fonts. Instead of the names of the software, when I click and hold on the x-button, I see some squares.
* It seems like you included the Helvetica font. Where is this necessary? If it is not required by a certain software, I would remove the font completely.
* This is a personal preference but instead of the bulky and slow Opera, I would include Skyfire. It is much much faster than Opera.

I knew you guys could find stuff I missed! :D

I realized I don't have the latest file explorer extensions in there, I'll upgrade it for the next release, hopefully that will fix it.

I put the cab files in the windows directory because there is no extrom, os and splash screens only. Maybe I can figure out how to edit the extrom eventually. I'll remove the spbcalculator from the windows directory. the cinc_011.cab is for my operator, I might have to split into 2 builds if this takes off!

I just searched my entire kitchen for the Helvetica font, and I just don't see it anywhere. Did you install something else? Same for the x button, the one I have in there shouldn't pop up anything when you hit the "X" button, unless from the today screen (and mine seems to be fine from the today screen). Do you possibly have a sdconfig file to install things on 1st boot? This is uc compliant. Interesting, I'm not sure about these 2 issues.

And, I will look into skyfire. Maybe you'll convince me to switch! :D

Thanks for trying my rom, and for all the input! I will try to work on the issues and get another version up.

joshkoss

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
CT, USA
I knew you guys could find stuff I missed! :D

I realized I don't have the latest file explorer extensions in there, I'll upgrade it for the next release, hopefully that will fix it.

I put the cab files in the windows directory because there is no extrom, os and splash screens only. Maybe I can figure out how to edit the extrom eventually. I'll remove the spbcalculator from the windows directory. the cinc_011.cab is for my operator, I might have to split into 2 builds if this takes off!

I just searched my entire kitchen for the Helvetica font, and I just don't see it anywhere. Did you install something else? Same for the x button, the one I have in there shouldn't pop up anything when you hit the "X" button, unless from the today screen (and mine seems to be fine from the today screen). Do you possibly have a sdconfig file to install things on 1st boot? This is uc compliant. Interesting, I'm not sure about these 2 issues.

And, I will look into skyfire. Maybe you'll convince me to switch! :D

Thanks for trying my rom, and for all the input! I will try to work on the issues and get another version up.

Yo man,, don't fret, you've done a good job!! on the editor, the hypercore kitchen comes with a ext rom editor. and you can get a pre-made empty ext rom.nb from my kitchen thread if you need.

burkay

Jul 30, 2007
Izmir
homes.ieu.edu.tr
I just searched my entire kitchen for the Helvetica font, and I just don't see it anywhere. Did you install something else?

Now you got me confused :) I installed a couple of things but I don't think any of them installs Helvetica. Hmm. And I tried HTC x-button before. Never had this weird font issue. I will try to take some caps if I have some time.

By the way, these are only minor issues. The ROM is still quite fast, stable and functional.

burkay

Jul 30, 2007
Izmir
homes.ieu.edu.tr
Ok, I checked under /windows and appearantly there is no helvetica font. However, when I change font type from Office Word, I can see Courier New, HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin, HelveticaNeue LT 55 Roman, PDC and Tahoma. I know PDC is for Pocket Digital Clock and Tahoma is the default. But the other fonts, as far as I know are not default in WM6.1. Do they maybe come within Office?

I think the wierd font issue in htc x-button may be related with this PDC font. I remember some discussion about that font, that it messes up some applications. Am I the only one who has this problem? Weird.

boog

May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
Ok, I checked under /windows and appearantly there is no helvetica font. However, when I change font type from Office Word, I can see Courier New, HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin, HelveticaNeue LT 55 Roman, PDC and Tahoma. I know PDC is for Pocket Digital Clock and Tahoma is the default. But the other fonts, as far as I know are not default in WM6.1. Do they maybe come within Office?

I think the wierd font issue in htc x-button may be related with this PDC font. I remember some discussion about that font, that it messes up some applications. Am I the only one who has this problem? Weird.

Interesting! I just reflashed to v2, because I was testing (and bricked, then had to unbrick). All I see under fonts in office is Courier New, PDC, and Tahoma. I'll have to search for the Courier New (at a different computer right now). I don't have the issues, with the fonts that are in it right now, with x button. It kinda looks like something else might be installing the other fonts.

CapScr0001-1.jpg

I'm also working on figuring out the extended rom so I can make a couple more things uninstallable.

austinsmartie

Dec 5, 2007
USB to PC settings are under an icon entitled "Keypad QuickTasks". Why is the icon titled so? Default provider is "CBW" - that's easy enough for me to remove. Can you move HTCAlbum to Multimedia folder? Default Today shows double date info - one entry from Today and another from Pocket Digital Clock.

Trying to connect my Motorola S9 headphones produces "Problem with Bluetooth Hardware" message. That's one I've never seen before. (edit: BT is fine now. Apparently, I have to manually turn on BT in Com Mgr before attempting to find BT devices. I guess I'd never noticed the need for the extra step.)

Thanks for cooking this.

(edit: after using most of the day today, battery depletion seems excessive. From 100% battery to 67% battery after one 30 minute conversation with BT headset.)

Last edited: