- Can be uninstalled
- Installs to SD/DEVICE
- Included Ad-blocking filter
- Default homepage set to Google
- Increased disk cache size to 20 MB
- Made the Zoom and Launch buttons 50% transparent
- Replaced the "htc" loading image with build 2392's image
- Fixed the "installation unsucessfull" problem on some devices by removing setup.dll and adding its functions to _setup.xml
- Hardware keyboard is reportedly working on Touch Pro/HD but is buggy on Xperia and a few others.
- If you're upgrading from build 2XXX or 19XX,I suggest using this cab over the upgrade version (which just replaces the two Opera exes) as this build contains new features like Vibration and Strength Clicks, which needs the supporting registry entries to work properly. There are also a few minor changes in Opera.ini and other files. Also, a few SD version cabs posted here of earlier builds are buggy (incorrect paths of a few files/registries) so I recommend installing this version for a complete (cooking bugs free) experience.
- As always, please backup your existing Opera/device before installing.
- Tested on WM5 QVGA PPC. (200MHz, 42 MB)
A few interesting tweaks:
- To prevent Opera from continuing to run in the background even after you close it, change the value of this key:
- For vibration support (untested)
- If you're not satisfied with the default zoom levels, tweak these values:
[Adaptive Zoom] Maximum Zoom= Minimum Zoom= Minimum Overview Zoom=
[User Prefs] Maximum Allowed Tabs=
1) Flash Support?
Flash isn't working. I've yet to fully try out all tricks though, but don't expect a Flash build anytime soon.2) Uninstall old version?
Not necessary. The installer should automatically remove any older builds.3) Difference between 15202 and 15086?
Nothing significant (aka bugfixes or N/A)4) Improvements in build 15XXX since 2XXX?
- Better Performance (Reported, not measured)
- Vibration Support (Not tested)
- Strength Clicks (Double taps? Pressure taps? Not sure about this one.)
- Scroll Wheel Zoom
5) Help! Opera's not installing / starting
- Before installing, terminate Opera9.exe using a process manager such as in SKTools
- A softreset before and after installing helps
- Uninstall all existing versions, delete Opera files from \Application Data\, \Windows\, \Program Files\ and run a registry cleaner
- If your device has less memory, softreset, then exit all background apps and thirdparty processes (MobileShell/Winterface/etc), compact memory heaps and try launching
- Some devices may report an unsucessfull install, but try launching Opera and check if the new version was installed
Please mention the following details:
- Device/OS/software specs.
- Clean or upgrade install. If upgraded, which was the earlier build, etc.
- Which CAB(s) you tried
Thanks to cityhunter71 for the 15202 dump and liay for the original 15086 cab.
Storage Card Install: [QVGA] [VGA]
Device Install: [QVGA] [VGA]
Build 15086 for those who're interested:
[SD QVGA] [SD VGA]
[DEVICE QVGA] [DEVICE VGA]