Features:

- Can be uninstalled
- Installs to SD/DEVICE
- Included Ad-blocking filter
- Default homepage set to Google
- Increased disk cache size to 20 MB
- Made the Zoom and Launch buttons 50% transparent

- Replaced the "htc" loading image with build 2392's image
- Fixed the "installation unsucessfull" problem on some devices by removing setup.dll and adding its functions to _setup.xml

Notes:

- Hardware keyboard is reportedly working on Touch Pro/HD but is buggy on Xperia and a few others.

- If you're upgrading from build 2XXX or 19XX,I suggest using this cab over the upgrade version (which just replaces the two Opera exes) as this build contains new features like Vibration and Strength Clicks, which needs the supporting registry entries to work properly. There are also a few minor changes in Opera.ini and other files. Also, a few SD version cabs posted here of earlier builds are buggy (incorrect paths of a few files/registries) so I recommend installing this version for a complete (cooking bugs free) experience.

- As always, please backup your existing Opera/device before installing.

- Tested on WM5 QVGA PPC. (200MHz, 42 MB)

A few interesting tweaks:

- To prevent Opera from continuing to run in the background even after you close it, change the value of this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera\Preload
Name: RealExit

- For vibration support (untested)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera\Defaults
Name: VibrationEnabled

\Windows\Opera9\Opera.ini tweaks:

- If you're not satisfied with the default zoom levels, tweak these values:
Code:
[Adaptive Zoom]
Maximum Zoom=
Minimum Zoom=
Minimum Overview Zoom=
- To increase the number of tabs, edit the value below:
Code:
[User Prefs]
Maximum Allowed Tabs=

FAQ:

1) Flash Support?
Flash isn't working. I've yet to fully try out all tricks though, but don't expect a Flash build anytime soon.
2) Uninstall old version?
Not necessary. The installer should automatically remove any older builds.
3) Difference between 15202 and 15086?
Nothing significant (aka bugfixes or N/A)
4) Improvements in build 15XXX since 2XXX?
  • Better Performance (Reported, not measured)
  • Vibration Support (Not tested)
  • Strength Clicks (Double taps? Pressure taps? Not sure about this one.)
  • Scroll Wheel Zoom

5) Help! Opera's not installing / starting
  • Before installing, terminate Opera9.exe using a process manager such as in SKTools
  • A softreset before and after installing helps
  • Uninstall all existing versions, delete Opera files from \Application Data\, \Windows\, \Program Files\ and run a registry cleaner
  • If your device has less memory, softreset, then exit all background apps and thirdparty processes (MobileShell/Winterface/etc), compact memory heaps and try launching
  • Some devices may report an unsucessfull install, but try launching Opera and check if the new version was installed

Troubleshooting:
Please mention the following details:
  • Device/OS/software specs.
  • Clean or upgrade install. If upgraded, which was the earlier build, etc.
  • Which CAB(s) you tried

Credits:
Thanks to cityhunter71 for the 15202 dump and liay for the original 15086 cab.

Download:

Build 15202:
Storage Card Install: [QVGA] [VGA]
Device Install: [QVGA] [VGA]

Build 15086 for those who're interested:
[SD QVGA] [SD VGA]
[DEVICE QVGA] [DEVICE VGA]

15th December 2008, 05:13 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 823

More
thanks. im going to wait around for confirmed flash support tho.
15th December 2008, 05:19 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
you say youre trying to get support for flash.. does that mean it is a matter of updating the cabs again.. so shouldnt we potentially just wait til that happens?
15th December 2008, 05:57 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
idk why ppl are so concerned abut flash. First of all flash is flash lite and its a beta at that so its not ideal. neither is watching an embedded video in the browser. so i dont see much of a need for the big stink about having it at this point in time.

and i agree htctoucher, theres obviously a reason flash wasnt implemented any official Opera build yet on any device or their beta on their site- probably because Flash isnt ready, so i dont see why a half-baked beta flash lite build is so important to people.

Adobe is brining Flash 10 to mobiles shortly so im sure at some point Opera will officially support it

i think at this point having the best Opera build we can trumps flash by a mile. if people want a good way to do flash, skyfire is the best solution
15th December 2008, 06:11 AM |#5  
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 577

Donate to Me
More
dexter, thanks a lot for this update. Can you please upload only the Opera9.exe and OperaL.exe files for VGA? (and i'm sure QVGA will be useful for someone)

Thanks a lot.
15th December 2008, 06:42 AM |#6  
Texas
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmsu19

idk why ppl are so concerned abut flash. First of all flash is flash lite and its a beta at that so its not ideal. neither is watching an embedded video in the browser. so i dont see much of a need for the big stink about having it at this point in time.

and i agree htctoucher, theres obviously a reason flash wasnt implemented any official Opera build yet on any device or their beta on their site- probably because Flash isnt ready, so i dont see why a half-baked beta flash lite build is so important to people.

Adobe is brining Flash 10 to mobiles shortly so im sure at some point Opera will officially support it

i think at this point having the best Opera build we can trumps flash by a mile. if people want a good way to do flash, skyfire is the best solution

i was about to say..... opera... since it released the beta , not the "leaked htc,sharp, samsung builds, that they will not enable plugins in the beta builds... this is common knowledge....

as for the flash lite..... it was working pretty good in older builds of opera, and was even working even better on Internet Explorer Mobile 6 from the released emulator images some released a .cab for.....

i dont see complete flash 10 support ever coming to window mobile, but i do note the announcement that they are "looking into" bringing flash 10 to mobile devices in November .. but flash i too much of a system resource hog atm..

as far as i know flash lite 3 is all there releasing any time soon

and all flash lite 3 really is , is like the early builds of flash version 9 on desktops... which only supported the FLV standard, and not newer builds that support MP4 and .mov streaming....

all in all, i dont think any decent version of flash will be available for windows mobile any time soon... it is a crippled out of date OS.... but i wont bash on Microsoft too much... one of the reasons the IPhoney doesn't have it on there is because it consumes to many system resources.... and apple doesn't just want flash lite, they want the full version of flash.... that wont happen any time soon eiter

---- end of rant
15th December 2008, 06:56 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stathis95194

dexter, thanks a lot for this update. Can you please upload only the Opera9.exe and OperaL.exe files for VGA? (and i'm sure QVGA will be useful for someone)

Thanks a lot.

Updated exes have been posted by cityhunter71 over here.
15th December 2008, 07:31 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
vibrate function doesnt seem to be working.. i dont really see much improvement over 2808..

my main gripe with recent versions is that when you are typing in a box (like in xda) when your typing goes out of the screen the screen doesnt move to show you what you are typing.. really makes it inconvenient to type.. previous verdions used to do this

also.. typing is no where near as good as in browsers like netfront.. pcm suggestion barely works in opera while it is near flawless in netfront

i was looking forward to this being implemented again in newer builds.. but even in these havent seen it.. or are other people having different experiences?

would love to know if somehow i could enable this very wishful thinking..
15th December 2008, 10:52 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htctoucher

my main gripe with recent versions is that when you are typing in a box (like in xda) when your typing goes out of the screen the screen doesnt move to show you what you are typing.. really makes it inconvenient to type..

I hate this too, I'm online with my Diamond almost all the time and typing typing in forums is a pain because of this issue...
15th December 2008, 12:59 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Exclamation
I installed this on my XV6850 (Verizon Touch Pro) w/ stock ROM. I used the full install (not the upgrade) because Opera was included in the original ROM. Couple of notes:

1. I installed the SD version, but it did not install on my memory card. I found the new files in the Windows folder on my device.
2. This seems to have totally hosed my Compact Qwerty touch keyboard. It only types numbers, no letters, not just within Opera, but also if I try to use it to compose messages.
3. This is not uninstallable.
4. I tried to install Build 2392 over this version, but Compact Qwerty still doesn't work.
15th December 2008, 01:57 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 215

More
I installed the VGA standard version over the 15086.
Again, this version on the end of installation gave me an uninstalled, but About reports version 15202
Also, it's not uninstallable.
I modified the number of max tabs in opera.ini but still I can only have 3 tabs. I found a file, opera1.ini, I rename it and now I can add more tabs...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
15202, 9.5, mobile, opera, tweaked

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)