FORUMS

[Discontinued] - PDAL WM6 WWE Rom

215 posts
Thanks Meter: 34
 
By pawaa, Senior Member on 16th December 2008, 10:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Long Long Awaited English Windows Mobile 6 Rom for PDAL is finally translated from a chinese rom.

It has:

PCM Keyboard
HTC Album
WM6Storage (Modified Version)
RealPlayer Support For Windows Media Player
Panoramic Scientific Calculator (OEM Calculator is replaced)
Esmertec Java AMS (JeoDek)
Total Commander
Quick Menu
PIM Backup
Advanced Config
PHM Notepad
CeleTask
and a lot more...

Windows Mobile 6 (Professional)
CE OS = 5.2.1236
PAGE POOL = 12 MB

PDAL Rom Unpacking & Packing procedure can be found in my other post which is here...

PDAL_WM6_US-English_CellSmith.zip [Updated Link (Fully Translated & Everything is working)]

More PDAL Roms:
PDAL WM6.0 English Rom Build:5.2.1236
PDAL WM6.1 English Rom Build:5.2.20757
PDAL WM6.1 English Rom Build:5.2.21109
PDAL WM6.5 English Rom Build:5.2.21159
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen001.png
Views:	717
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	138798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen002.png
Views:	549
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	138799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen003.png
Views:	251
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	138800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen004.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	138801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen005.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	138802   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen006.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	138803  
17th December 2008, 03:46 AM |#2  
[deXter]'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Thanks a ton! I've been waiting for nearly 6 months for this!

Can you please tell us what all tools did you use and how did you go about customizing and translating the ROM? And how much work is remaining? The reason I ask is because you said you were busy, so I feel the best way to get this done fast is to 'open up' the project a bit. Then we all can chip in as and when we get the time.

Final Q: Considering that the PDAL has only 48 MB RAM, wouldn't it be better to use WM5 AKU 3.3+ ? I mean, any idea how much extra RAM does this consume?
17th December 2008, 10:00 AM |#3  
pawaa's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [deXter]

Thanks a ton! I've been waiting for nearly 6 months for this!

Can you please tell us what all tools did you use and how did you go about customizing and translating the ROM? And how much work is remaining? The reason I ask is because you said you were busy, so I feel the best way to get this done fast is to 'open up' the project a bit. Then we all can chip in as and when we get the time.

Final Q: Considering that the PDAL has only 48 MB RAM, wouldn't it be better to use WM5 AKU 3.3+ ? I mean, any idea how much extra RAM does this consume?

Brother deXter,

I am not a chef, cook or Bawarchi, but here is a list of the things i did:

- I unpacked it
- Replaced few MUI (Modules) files
- Used ResEditor on some executables
- Added some registry into default.hv & user.hv and recompiled
- Added few registry tweaks
- Modified initflashfiles.dat
- And finally repacked it

that's all...
17th December 2008, 01:03 PM |#4  
[deXter]'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Cool, thanks. But what all things are yet to be translated?
17th December 2008, 01:48 PM |#5  
pawaa's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [deXter]

Cool, thanks. But what all things are yet to be translated?

Did you flash your PDAL with this rom yet or just asking ?

Everything is translated by now and link in the first post is also updated.

Flash this rom and let me know if you find anything else...
17th December 2008, 02:49 PM |#6  
pawaa's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
PDAL has around 50 MB ram and this rom uses 12.5 MB pagepool aperture...

Code:
System Memory Report
====================

 Page Size:   4096

                                     |    Pages |     Size (bytes) |    Size (MB) |
 Total Storage (Flash)               |    11069 |         45339648 |        43.24 |
   Available Storage                 |     9225 |         37788672 |        36.04 |
   Used Storage                      |     1843 |          7550976 |         7.20 |


 Physical RAM (sources breakdown)    |    12908 |         52871168 |        50.42 |
   Main Memory                       |    12908 |         52871168 |        50.42 |

 Physical RAM (consumers breakdown)  |    12908 |         52871168 |        50.42 |
   Kernel Prealloc.                  |       73 |           299008 |         0.29 |
   Paging Pool                       |     3084 |         12632064 |        12.05 |
   Kernel RAM Map                    |        1 |             4096 |         0.00 |
   Watson Size                       |       75 |           307200 |         0.29 |
   Overhead                          |        3 |            12288 |         0.01 |
   Object Store                      |        8 |            32768 |         0.03 |
   Program Memory                    |     9664 |         39583744 |        37.75 |
     AVAILABLE PROGRAM MEMORY        |     4690 |         19210240 |        18.32 |
     USED PROGRAM MEMORY             |     4974 |         20373504 |        19.43 |
       Kernel Objects                |      349 |          1429504 |         1.36 |
       Misc                          |      114 |           466944 |         0.45 |
       Programs                      |     4511 |         18477056 |        17.62 |
            (S) Stack                |      311 |          1273856 |         1.21 |
            (H) Heap                 |     1960 |          8028160 |         7.66 |
            (E) EXE Data             |       32 |           131072 |         0.13 |
            (D) DLL Data             |      583 |          2387968 |         2.28 |
            (c) Code RAM             |      454 |          1859584 |         1.77 |
              Process                |      221 |           905216 |         0.86 |
              Module                 |      233 |           954368 |         0.91 |
            (r) Read only RAM        |      471 |          1929216 |         1.84 |
              Process                |       29 |           118784 |         0.11 |
              Module                 |      269 |          1101824 |         1.05 |
              Map/Shared             |      173 |           708608 |         0.68 |
            (W) Read/Write RAM       |      700 |          2867200 |         2.73 |
              Process                |      282 |          1155072 |         1.10 |
              Module                 |        0 |                0 |         0.00 |
              Map/Shared             |      418 |          1712128 |         1.63 |
17th December 2008, 06:26 PM |#7  
[deXter]'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
What tool do you recommend btw, for flashing the ROM? Also, does this include the radio and extended too?

Sorry, but I'm new at this and can't seem to find any generic guide here.. All the stuff I seem to find are htc or other newer device specific

Why are we PDAL users being ignored? I mean, getting a WM touchscreen device with WiFi, BT w/ A2DP, Quad GSM, Class 10 edge, 2MP camera etc... for just $120 - it's no joke!
17th December 2008, 08:34 PM |#8  
pawaa's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [deXter]

What tool do you recommend btw, for flashing the ROM? Also, does this include the radio and extended too?

Sorry, but I'm new at this and can't seem to find any generic guide here.. All the stuff I seem to find are htc or other newer device specific

Why are we PDAL users being ignored? I mean, getting a WM touchscreen device with WiFi, BT w/ A2DP, Quad GSM, Class 10 edge, 2MP camera etc... for just $120 - it's no joke!

You don't need any special tool to flash your PDAL, Rom Update utility is included, now don't ask me the whole update procedure, which is:

Connect your phone to active and start update utility and click on few "Next" buttons and wait... and it's done...

I have no idea but i bought this phone after my kjam and i found it smarter...
19th December 2008, 03:26 AM |#9  
[deXter]'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
I can't update via the PC as my USB connector is broken

I thought there was a way to directly update by copying it to the SD card?
19th December 2008, 01:52 PM |#10  
imate_pdal's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
This is way to change PAGEPOL for I-mate PDAL WM6:
1. Open in HEX editor WMUPDAT.DIP
2. Found HEX code C0 FA 01 14 EB 00 84 A0 3F 01 84 F0 6F D8 08 B2
3. Change 60 FA 01 14 EB 00 84 A0 3F 01 84 F0 6F D8 08 B2
4. Now you will have 6 MB PAGEPOOL
19th December 2008, 01:57 PM |#11  
imate_pdal's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [deXter]

I can't update via the PC as my USB connector is broken

I thought there was a way to directly update by copying it to the SD card?

Yes you can flash your device from SD, you need format card to FAT16 and copy to the root directory WMUPDAT.DIP
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
english, pdal, rom, wm6, wwe

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes