FORUMS

[DEV] Touch HD ReCharger

225 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By umexed, Senior Member on 22nd December 2008, 02:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys

I developed a utility just to make my life a bit easier!

I bet most of us don't want the device to be charged every time we connect it to our pc..

what this utility does is very simple.. you set a minimum percentage e.x 5%
the program monitors the battery and when it reaches 5% only then it starts to charge the battery!

Im currently testing the application to fix some bugs and issues, although all features so far seem to work!

i would like to ask what other features you would like this application to have!

cheers!
22nd December 2008, 03:28 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nicosia

More
Some early pics.. this is still in early beta!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen03.jpg
Views:	4094
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	139218
22nd December 2008, 03:37 AM |#3  
Flag The hague
Thanks Meter: 1

More
sounds like a great app cant wait for the release... you could also add a feature to discharge the battery too if posible thanx
22nd December 2008, 04:36 AM |#4  

More
I'll be waiting to it.. hope it will work on my xperia.
22nd December 2008, 04:59 AM |#5  
Flag Karachi

More
umexed,
Very nice application. Keep doing the good job and I can't wait to test it on my Touch HD.

Thanks in advance
22nd December 2008, 10:39 AM |#6  
Flag Moenchengladbach

More
I am waiting for this tool too. Perhaps you may consider to make this app multilanguage and I will offer my help for a german translation
22nd December 2008, 11:59 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nicosia

More
Thanks for the suggestions!

Rob65 after a stable version is made then i could do the app multilanguage
i'll keep you posted!

most probably i'll release the first beta tomorrow and hopefully it'll will work ok
22nd December 2008, 03:07 PM |#8  
Flag St Albans

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umexed

I bet most of us don't want the device to be charged every time we connect it to our pc..

Why?

I've been on here a while, and seen a few references to this and have always been curious?

22nd December 2008, 03:30 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooleydoo

Why?

I've been on here a while, and seen a few references to this and have always been curious?

Good question. As a matter of fact it is far more desirable for any kind of lithium-ion battery to stay topped of rather than to be regularly discharged below about 40%. The rules of the old NiCad or NiMH batteries do no longer apply here.

For reference take a look here (amongst many other sites on the net):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ion_battery

Scroll down to the second half of the page, where it talks about "Guidelines for prolonging Li-ion battery life"....
22nd December 2008, 04:23 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nicosia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michi123

Good question. As a matter of fact it is far more desirable for any kind of lithium-ion battery to stay topped of rather than to be regularly discharged below about 40%. The rules of the old NiCad or NiMH batteries do no longer apply here.

For reference take a look here (amongst many other sites on the net):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ion_battery

Scroll down to the second half of the page, where it talks about "Guidelines for prolonging Li-ion battery life"....

I've read this before but my personal experience with PDAs and Laptops tells me otherwise.

Dont forget that when you first insert a battery in our phones its advised to make for 1-2weeks full battery cycles for the phone to learn the capacity of the battery to charge it properly

Otherwise if this wasn't the issue with Li batteries then why is this option available anyway in the power settings? what device coming with wm6.1 comes with a different battery than Li?

other than that.. this is an app to automate a task for those interested
22nd December 2008, 04:41 PM |#11  
Flag Rehovot
Thanks Meter: 46

More
maybe i miss understand something (correct me if i am wrong) but this can be done by:
settings/system/power/"when device is turned on, do not charge the battery when connected to the PC".
seems to me the same with yr application....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)