m9editor is your little helper when it comes to editing manila files. It lets you edit nearly all aspects of a mode9 file. Additionally it will assist you with graphics, allowing import, export and CFC compression. And It includes a directory viewer with information specific to manila files.
m9editor is written in .net, so .netCF3.5 (currently SP1) must be installed (usually its already there). It has been developed and tested using Windows XP x64, but should run on any Windows platform.
see the manual contained in the download package (PDF)
making of / credits:
thanks to: D-MAN666, sztupy, nixx-X1, Chainfire, pcarvalho, showaco, guap, 12aon, xboxmod, NisseDILLIGAF, smotrs, for contributing knowledge, ideas, testing. Thank you guys (& gals of course) !
2009-03-10 - v18.104.22.168
BUGFIX: crashed when using selections
2009-03-09 - v22.214.171.124
- LuaConv is now included in the m9editor download package
- CHG: all sourcecode related functions use ".lua" as default extension
- NEW: compile and import function for lua script sourcefiles:
for mode9 files (embedded scripts):
m9editor remembers the filename of the source on a per-node basis and lets you subsequently edit the recently used file from the particular node. You may also attach/detach such a link manually. If a link is established, you may edit the sourcefile (check if you set the "SourceCodeViewer" option in m9editor.cfg) and recompile/import in a single step. When saving the mode9 file the links are saved too (mode9file.ann) and reloaded on next open.
for standalone scripts:
m9editor checks if a correspondig xxxxxxxx_manila.lua exists in the script directory. If yes, you are offered edit and compile options.
- NEW: editor context menu: view source for embedded scripts
- NEW: search previous button
- FIX: editing characterreference threw exception
- NEW: dirviewer context menu for mode9 files: compare with: compare two mode9 files without loading it first
- NEW: dirviewer context menu for all files: hex compare with: compare two files with hexview.
Only available if AptDiff is installed. Edit m9editor.cfg and insert the following line (use the path on your system):
AptDiffPath=c:\Program Files (x86)\Brother Technology\AptDiff 1.5\aptdiff.exe
If AptDiff is installed and configured in m9editor.cfg, text compares are done with AptDiff instead of ExamDiff
during directory analyze, if a lua script is found, m9editor checks for existence of <filename>.luac.lua. If its found it will be renamed to <filename>.lua. In directory viewer the line will be shown blue colored to indicate the presence of a sourcecode file.
during mode9 file load, if a embedded script is found, m9editor checks for existence of <filename>_<bytepos>.luac.lua. If its found it will be renamed to <filename>_<bytepos>.lua. In mode9 editor you will notice the link to the script sourcecode. Dont forget to save the mode9 file to make the link permanent (otherwise if you modify the structure, links might be lost due to changing byteposition).
The pdf attached doesnt reflect the latest changes to m9editor, update follows.
2009-02-22 - v126.96.36.199
- fixed definitions for weather.mode9 and landscape.mode9 which rendered them unusable after modifying
I removed the QtcConv and LuaConv tools because they lack of syntactical checks and the same functionality is available in m9editor.
EDIT: added the old LuaConv again, seems to work not that bad i thought it would
2009-02-21 - v188.8.131.52
- font changes for various fields to avoid overlapping
- if "manila files dir" is changed in settings, directoryview will be reloaded
- new: directory viewer context menu option for mode9 files: "extract embedded scripts", writes them to script directory
- changed interpretation of UV property (16.16 instead of INT32)
- picture view: new "save as PNG" and "save as QTC" buttons will save your graphic to a selectable directory
2009-02-19 - v184.108.40.206
bugfix for "save tree to file" function
2009-02-19 - v220.127.116.11
time for a new version
- m9editor now remembers last window/splitter positions and restores them on start and returning from minimize
- HOT compare feature: if a mode9 file is loaded, rightclick on the toplevel node to compare with another mode9 file, or save the treeview as a textfile. Compares are done with a freeware tool named "ExamDiff" from PrestoSoft.
2009-02-18 - v18.104.22.168
new context menu functions in directory viewer: delete, copy to
2009-02-17 - v22.214.171.124
content of XML, HTML displayed in lower right panel
evaluation of XML locales in directory viewer
manual is complete, and now a part of the package
2009-02-16 - v126.96.36.199
annotations now work for new tags as well, and will be copied between instances (+corrected a few flaws during display)
new: search within decompiled lua scripts
new: copy annotations between instances of m9editor
2009-02-11 - v188.8.131.52
bugfix: empty value crash
2009-02-10 - v184.108.40.206
some little improvements:
- sourcecode of embedded scripts and .luac files is shown whenever possible
- zoom percentage display for graphics display
2009-02-09 - v220.127.116.11
I've made a lot of changes to improve m9editor. The most important are:
- integration with sztupy's luadec (thanks and credits to sztupy for great decompiler and permission to use, and of course once again to D-MAN666 for providing knowledge)
- import of compiled lua scripts (ANSI or Unicode, autodetected)
- UI reworked: editor, directory viewer, image viewer combined in one window
planned for next releases of m9editor:
- copy files to/from PDA if connected via ActiveSync
- smart-select referenced graphic files in a mode9 file
- selfcheck for consistent mode9 writing
- analysis of lua script "require"'s for valid manila names
v.18.104.22.168: 1554 views (wow! impressed!)