[APP][DISCONTINUED] TF3D manila mode9 editor

1,150 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By 6Fg8, Retired Senior Moderator on 29th December 2008, 11:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6Fg8 proudly presents:
m9editor
development discontinued

m9editor is your little helper when it comes to editing manila files. It lets you edit nearly all aspects of a mode9 file. Additionally it will assist you with graphics, allowing import, export and CFC compression. And It includes a directory viewer with information specific to manila files.

requirements:
m9editor is written in .net, so .netCF3.5 (currently SP1) must be installed (usually its already there). It has been developed and tested using Windows XP x64, but should run on any Windows platform.

usage:
see the manual contained in the download package (PDF)

making of / credits:
thanks to: D-MAN666, sztupy, nixx-X1, Chainfire, pcarvalho, showaco, guap, 12aon, xboxmod, NisseDILLIGAF, smotrs, for contributing knowledge, ideas, testing. Thank you guys (& gals of course) !

version history:
2009-03-10 - v3.3.0.1
BUGFIX: crashed when using selections
2009-03-09 - v3.3.0.0
- LuaConv is now included in the m9editor download package
- CHG: all sourcecode related functions use ".lua" as default extension
- NEW: compile and import function for lua script sourcefiles:

for mode9 files (embedded scripts):
m9editor remembers the filename of the source on a per-node basis and lets you subsequently edit the recently used file from the particular node. You may also attach/detach such a link manually. If a link is established, you may edit the sourcefile (check if you set the "SourceCodeViewer" option in m9editor.cfg) and recompile/import in a single step. When saving the mode9 file the links are saved too (mode9file.ann) and reloaded on next open.

for standalone scripts:
m9editor checks if a correspondig xxxxxxxx_manila.lua exists in the script directory. If yes, you are offered edit and compile options.

- NEW: editor context menu: view source for embedded scripts
- NEW: search previous button
- FIX: editing characterreference threw exception
- NEW: dirviewer context menu for mode9 files: compare with: compare two mode9 files without loading it first
- NEW: dirviewer context menu for all files: hex compare with: compare two files with hexview.
Only available if AptDiff is installed. Edit m9editor.cfg and insert the following line (use the path on your system):
AptDiffPath=c:\Program Files (x86)\Brother Technology\AptDiff 1.5\aptdiff.exe

If AptDiff is installed and configured in m9editor.cfg, text compares are done with AptDiff instead of ExamDiff

WARNING:
during directory analyze, if a lua script is found, m9editor checks for existence of <filename>.luac.lua. If its found it will be renamed to <filename>.lua. In directory viewer the line will be shown blue colored to indicate the presence of a sourcecode file.

during mode9 file load, if a embedded script is found, m9editor checks for existence of <filename>_<bytepos>.luac.lua. If its found it will be renamed to <filename>_<bytepos>.lua. In mode9 editor you will notice the link to the script sourcecode. Dont forget to save the mode9 file to make the link permanent (otherwise if you modify the structure, links might be lost due to changing byteposition).

WARNING2:
The pdf attached doesnt reflect the latest changes to m9editor, update follows.

2009-02-22 - v3.2.0.1
- fixed definitions for weather.mode9 and landscape.mode9 which rendered them unusable after modifying
2009-02-22
I removed the QtcConv and LuaConv tools because they lack of syntactical checks and the same functionality is available in m9editor.
EDIT: added the old LuaConv again, seems to work not that bad i thought it would
2009-02-21 - v3.2.0.0
- font changes for various fields to avoid overlapping
- if "manila files dir" is changed in settings, directoryview will be reloaded
- new: directory viewer context menu option for mode9 files: "extract embedded scripts", writes them to script directory
- changed interpretation of UV property (16.16 instead of INT32)
- picture view: new "save as PNG" and "save as QTC" buttons will save your graphic to a selectable directory
2009-02-19 - v3.1.0.1
bugfix for "save tree to file" function
2009-02-19 - v3.1.0.0
time for a new version
- m9editor now remembers last window/splitter positions and restores them on start and returning from minimize
- HOT compare feature: if a mode9 file is loaded, rightclick on the toplevel node to compare with another mode9 file, or save the treeview as a textfile. Compares are done with a freeware tool named "ExamDiff" from PrestoSoft.
2009-02-18 - v3.0.5.0
new context menu functions in directory viewer: delete, copy to
2009-02-17 - v3.0.4.0
content of XML, HTML displayed in lower right panel
evaluation of XML locales in directory viewer
manual is complete, and now a part of the package
2009-02-16 - v3.0.3.1
annotations now work for new tags as well, and will be copied between instances (+corrected a few flaws during display)
new: search within decompiled lua scripts
new: copy annotations between instances of m9editor
2009-02-11 - v3.0.2.0
bugfix: empty value crash
minor improvements
2009-02-10 - v3.0.1.0
some little improvements:
- sourcecode of embedded scripts and .luac files is shown whenever possible
- zoom percentage display for graphics display
2009-02-09 - v3.0.0.0
I've made a lot of changes to improve m9editor. The most important are:
- integration with sztupy's luadec (thanks and credits to sztupy for great decompiler and permission to use, and of course once again to D-MAN666 for providing knowledge)
- import of compiled lua scripts (ANSI or Unicode, autodetected)
- UI reworked: editor, directory viewer, image viewer combined in one window

planned for next releases of m9editor:
- copy files to/from PDA if connected via ActiveSync
- smart-select referenced graphic files in a mode9 file
- selfcheck for consistent mode9 writing
- analysis of lua script "require"'s for valid manila names

download stats:
v.3.2.0.1: 1554 views (wow! impressed!)
Attached Files
File Type: zip m9editor 3.3.0.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.00 MB, 22867 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to 6Fg8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 6Fg8 Ad-Free
29th December 2008, 11:45 AM |#2  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Guess I'll have to try that, seems great !
Your editor seems (as you describe it) only able to change values, but not the structure of the mode9 file, do you intend to change that ?
I have an ongoing project of mode9/xml converter in C, if I can be of some help, don't hesitate to ask
29th December 2008, 01:13 PM |#3  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Vienna

More
Hi Ximoon,

guess you belong to the "intended audience"

At the moment only changing values is allowed, correct. The main reason for this is that i'm unable to interpret and understand the complete structure, and to make sure that writing of m9 files produces valid files. If there's more info on that i could build it into the editor of course.

What i could imagine is a more generic approach, e.g. allow insertion/deletion of tags based on hex-values. I'll give that a thought.

Do you have any detailed info about the tag-structure? It can be seen in the tagfile but as hexvalues. Ive been able to interpret some of them, but the meaning of many others is unknown to me. So m9editor filters most of them for better reading.

Anyway, there's more to come with m9editor. I already built routines to disassemble lua scripts which run fine, but as its output is only relevant to p-code its pretty useless at this time. Also planned is a tool to allow image replacement. That could go to a point where we have a complete workbench for TF3D, including preview and the like. But thats far beyound my current scope.
29th December 2008, 01:21 PM |#4  
Flag Paris

More
Nice anyway !
I have no more information than you do, all I got is from the manilla thread where you posted earlier
But in the end, names of the tags doesn't really matter.
For LUA, I found some decompiler on the web, so I guess a tool to convert lua-unicode to lua-ascii and reverse could work to use those tools.
I guess I'll go on with my editor and see what I could do in the end, for two different approches could be constructive !
29th December 2008, 01:37 PM |#5  
Flag Vienna

More
Must have been ChunkSpy, right? I found many more but mostly outdated and not working for Lua 5.1.
The Lua routines i've already written allow converting unicode to ascii, and save the scripts in ascii respectively. I'll have to recode them in .net as the first quick approach has been VB
29th December 2008, 01:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nice start, man
I was waiting for so long since somebody starts public Manila DevKit since i posted specs i reversed

Drop me a PM if you have any questions
29th December 2008, 01:49 PM |#7  
Flag Paris

More
Can't wait to use those lua tools
29th December 2008, 01:52 PM |#8  
Flag Vienna

More
yeah, right D-MAN, most of that thing is based on your findings, my respect m8.
I'll PM you later, gotta go shopping now for newyears eve
29th December 2008, 06:17 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Fg8

yeah, right D-MAN, most of that thing is based on your findings, my respect m8.
I'll PM you later, gotta go shopping now for newyears eve

Yah, sure, after NY eve when my hangover is over
29th December 2008, 10:34 PM |#10  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Switzerland
Thanks Meter: 1,078

Donate to Me
More
oh oh, nice tool thank you
29th December 2008, 11:41 PM |#11  
Flag Vienna