FORUMS

 View Poll Results: Which directions should your device to be able to rotate besides portrait? (multiple)

Landscape (to the left)
 
225 Vote(s)
30.86%
Reverse Landscape (to the right)
 
87 Vote(s)
11.93%
Reverse Portrait (upside down)
 
30 Vote(s)
4.12%
All directions
 
342 Vote(s)
46.91%
I prefer to be able to choose directions for my device.
 
144 Vote(s)
19.75%
I prefer to be able to choose directions per application.
 
193 Vote(s)
26.47%

changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

795 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By 600GOL, Senior Member on 30th December 2008, 10:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
***Version 2.78 - There is a new version for download as of June 17th '09. This version includes the following:

- Import/Export buttons functions fixed
- Exporting and Resetting defaults issue fixed
- No more duplicate exceptions allowed (caused crash in older versions)
- More stop points on the Sensitivity adjustment bar

- Fixes from previous version (v2.77):

- the error found in this post and the error found in this post AND the error found in this post!
- fix for the music issue
- a sensitivity adjustment bar
- ability to define your own default exceptions (for personal use or for ROM's)
- user can choose to add a toggle link added to the programs menu. You can then link this to hardware buttons via other programs.
- & many other fixes that were brought up during the past few months.


Download the latest version of changeScreen (v2.78) here!

I will update the screenshots when I get the change (hopfully soon)...

NOTE: fix for Topaz Dialer causing changeScreen to stop rotating:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpl69

Just to confirm this (in my case).
The issue about crashing gyrator, changescreen, flip-it and whatever sensor app after making a call with topaz dialer it's because this enabled option by default.

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\FaceDownMuteRing
change to 0

My thanks to jpl69 for that post!

NOTE: fix for full screen apps showing title bar after rotation!
Read the post with the fix here
Thanks to Claus72 for the research and the post!
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __


__________________________________________________ _______

Gyrator is a great app... with a load of functions but I found that I didn't really use any of them except the screen tilt/Gsensor function.

That said one of the problems I had with Gyrator is that it always stayed in my open apps which is not THAT big a deal, but would just annoy the crap out of my OCD brain!

Anyway I decided to make a different version for myself and anyone else who JUST wants the Screen tilt function.

This appliaction will:
- allow you to stop and start the screen switch as you please
- start up with your device if desired
- allow exceptions (Opera is an exception by default because it already uses the Gsensor)
* I recommend if you use Tomtom to add that in a well (to avoid the screen switching when you hit a bump!)
- NOT show up in the running programs list! (Most important thing to me!)
- You also do NOT need to install .NETCF 3.5 to use this. It should run fine on 2.0!

Version 2.5
Download changeScreen version v2.5 here!

Version 2.1 is still available if 2.5 doesn't work for some reason
Download changeScreen version v2.1 (2) here!

The BETA is still available if 2.1 doesn't work for some reason
Download changeScreen.cab v2.1 BETA here!

Version 1.54 is still available for those of you who like the older version better!
Download changeScreen.cab v1.54 here
30th December 2008, 10:52 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
how does it work with manilla...aka touchflo3d? one problem i had with gyrator was sometimes it'd rotate tf3d as well.
30th December 2008, 11:09 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

Gyrator is a great app... with a load of functions but I found that I didn't really use any of them except the screen tilt/Gsensor function.

That said one of the problems I had with Gyrator is that it always stayed in my open apps which is not THAT big a deal, but would just annoy the crap out of my OCD brain!

Anyway I decided to make a different version for myself and anyone else who JUST wants the Screen tilt function.



This appliaction will:
- allow you to stop and start the screen switch as you please
- start up with your device if desired
- allow exceptions (Opera is an exception by default because it already uses the Gsensor)
* I recommend if you use Tomtom to add that in a well (to avoid the screen switching when you hit a bump!)
- NOT show up in the running programs list! (Most important thing to me!)


PS - I have no idea where I found the origional "Sensors" dll that I tweaked for this app but when I figure it out ill add it to this post.

Download changeScreen.cab here



thanks gonna try it right now, I got annoyed as well that it showed up in running progs
30th December 2008, 11:11 PM |#4  
600GOL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
nyc
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTREmE99

how does it work with manilla...aka touchflo3d? one problem i had with gyrator was sometimes it'd rotate tf3d as well.

For the HomeScreen (manilla) it will only rotate if you turn your phone completely 180 degrees - it should not rotate to any landscape posistion.

If it acts funny in any sort of way let me know and ill fix it!
31st December 2008, 01:21 AM |#5  
groofoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thx you verry much, the app works great.

i added manilla to the exeption list, but it still rotates the screen.
mybe i should use a nothername, i dont know, but i dont want manilla to rotate.

for the rest youre app rules
31st December 2008, 01:45 AM |#6  
600GOL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
nyc
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by groofoo

thx you verry much, the app works great.

i added manilla to the exeption list, but it still rotates the screen.
mybe i should use a nothername, i dont know, but i dont want manilla to rotate.

for the rest youre app rules



Weird... it works fine for me! Are you saying it will rotate to landscape mode while showing the touchflo desktop? (with the right or left side all distorted)

Anyone else have this issue?
31st December 2008, 01:50 AM |#7  
groofoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
no, that is not what i ment, sorry for the confusion.
i ment that i dont want it to rotate even in the 180 degrees rotation, i.o.w. upside down
31st December 2008, 02:05 AM |#8  
600GOL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
nyc
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by groofoo

no, that is not what i ment, sorry for the confusion.
i ment that i dont want it to rotate even in the 180 degrees rotation, i.o.w. upside down

I see... I guess its a matter of personal preference... Trying to duplicate your problem I saw a few minor issues in my code that I need to fix. I'll add in an option to not allow the exceptions to rotate to landscape OR 180 degrees. I'll post when all is fixed!
31st December 2008, 02:23 AM |#9  
groofoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thx you.
excellent.
31st December 2008, 02:57 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have one problem as well, when you press the volume up or down button and rotate the screen 90 degrees, it will rotate the manila and will be distorted. how do I add an exception to the volume control? I typed volume and it did not work.
31st December 2008, 04:52 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Sorry to burst your bubble, I like your app :P But it's the same as GSEN. and btw, you could always hide the gyrator process from the task manager (I always did that). Lol.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes