FORUMS

ervius ROM_Deprotector.....

2,412 posts
Thanks Meter: 55

By ervius, Retired Recognized Developer on 31st December 2008, 01:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all, I post this little apps that maybe can help you if you want dump a protected rom (not all, obviously.....) but in some cases it can help.....
how it works:
put a .payload or a .nb file in the same folder of the app, open a command prompt and write:
rom_deprotector os.nb
or
rom_deprotector os.nb.payload

where os.nb / os.nb.payload is the name of your target file.....

wait and finger cross that the target file was protected in a way known by my apps, if my apps "deprotect" the target file, you can dump it then
good lock.....

version 2 a bug on output string solved!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ROM_Deprotector_v2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.1 KB, 1421 views)
31st December 2008, 05:44 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
There are a couple different ways to protect a rom. Which method does this one unprotect? imgfs signature mod? file/module header swap?
31st December 2008, 09:51 AM |#3  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavonbravo

There are a couple different ways to protect a rom. Which method does this one unprotect? imgfs signature mod? file/module header swap?

there are other ways to protect roms, not only theese 2, bwt... it deprotects the 1st one that you told......
so, maybe an old wise will be able to build another "new???" rom.....
conflipper
31st December 2008, 02:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
haha very nice tool, i am yet to test this out, but it looks very nice. I am going to go out an guess that you and UDK are about 4 steps ahead, and have already been using new ways to protect your roms.

very nice work though once again. you never stop amzing everyone with the work you do.
1st January 2009, 06:28 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper

haha very nice tool, i am yet to test this out, but it looks very nice. I am going to go out an guess that you and UDK are about 4 steps ahead, and have already been using new ways to protect your roms.

very nice work though once again. you never stop amzing everyone with the work you do.

what about???
did it work well???
17th January 2009, 10:23 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I have extracted the nb file out of a nbh file (using NBHextract). Now I try to execute "ROM_Deprotector.exe os.nb" (whereas "os.nb" is the name of my nb file).

But nothing is happening, the command is executed (that means I can type in a new command), but the file stays untouched, and the computer isn't working at all.

What am I doing wrong?
17th January 2009, 03:13 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
@ervius
Amazing achievement,,,

How can I tell the type of protection added on the rom? Is there a way to find out which rom is capable to be deprotected by your method?

And if you don't mind, I think your tool can be useful as relatively handy to my thread here
17th January 2009, 03:21 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpatcher

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I have extracted the nb file out of a nbh file (using NBHextract). Now I try to execute "ROM_Deprotector.exe os.nb" (whereas "os.nb" is the name of my nb file).

But nothing is happening, the command is executed (that means I can type in a new command), but the file stays untouched, and the computer isn't working at all.

What am I doing wrong?

I tested couple of roms and same results keep happening to me.

@ervius,,, would you mind share the details of handling one sample rom as a tutorial to understand this method better?

Quote:

if my apps "deprotect" the target file, you can dump it then

How can i tell if the file got deprotected successfully, and can you explain how you dump it after all?
25th January 2009, 10:58 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBELOVE

I tested couple of roms and same results keep happening to me.

@ervius,,, would you mind share the details of handling one sample rom as a tutorial to understand this method better?

How can i tell if the file got deprotected successfully, and can you explain how you dump it after all?

try version 2 attacked to the 1st post!!!!!

to see if it works, try to dump, for example a DIB rom (os.nb), then use deprotector and try to redump it..... to see if rom_deprotector works...
bye!
29th January 2009, 05:27 PM |#10  
Retired Moderator
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervius

try version 2 attacked to the 1st post!!!!!

to see if it works, try to dump, for example a DIB rom (os.nb), then use deprotector and try to redump it..... to see if rom_deprotector works...
bye!

This rom deprotector doesnt work on my ROMs My ROMs are cooked in your visual kitchen Any ideas ervius?
29th January 2009, 10:39 PM |#11  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
So am I. The initiative is so great. I had tested with most ROMs out there but didn't have luck at all. Does not matter you use nb or payload.
Hope you find a real way to break it!

hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameet

This rom deprotector doesnt work on my ROMs My ROMs are cooked in your visual kitchen Any ideas ervius?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)