FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2009/02/05 Update v1.4.6] G-Alarm (Alarm clock with lots of features)

638 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By ageye, Senior Member on 31st December 2008, 07:50 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Hello community!

I proudly present you v1.0 of my powerful alarm clock G-Alarm.



Finally, G-Alarm became a fast, reliable and amazingly designed alarm clock with probably more features than any other alarm software.
And the best of it: G-Alarm is still freeware.



Screenshots:
here

Todo list:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=galarm/todo

Features:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=galarm/about

Changelog
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=galarm/changelog

Skins
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=galarm/skins

Multilanguage support

If you want to support me you can translate the attached english.txt to your language. Please post it here if you're working on a language file so nobody else needs to work on it...

Your turn:
  • If you find bugs, have ideas or want to tell me anything else, write it here
  • I'm a poor student... Donations are welcome ;)

Donations received:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=donations#donations
THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE DONATED!!!

This software is freeware! I take no responsibility if the alarm doesn't work and you'll miss an important date with the woman of your dreams!

Thanks for using and supporting G-Alarm...

Download
from ageye.de: http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=download


AppToDate users:

Attached Files
File Type: txt english.txt - [Click for QR Code] (4.1 KB, 1279 views)
 
 
31st December 2008, 07:51 AM |#2  
ageye's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ulm
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I started a new thread because the old one got too big (thank you guys )

Old thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2588542

Please read my last answer to your replies in the old thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...46#post3103646


Thank you!
31st December 2008, 07:56 AM |#3  
orb3000's Avatar
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,214
 
More
It looks good
let┬┤s try it!

Thanks a lot
31st December 2008, 08:00 AM |#4  
addicus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Inland Empire, California
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Looks nice. I will try it and give my feedback!
31st December 2008, 08:34 AM |#5  
pasa's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Lightbulb Possible?
Nice program you've made. But i'm wondering if its possible to launch an exe instead of playing musicfiles?
31st December 2008, 08:36 AM |#6  
NLS's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Piraeus
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
hey hey new thread for the New Year

some "link" to our previous discussion:
(before trying 1.0.3)

4) (about the G-Alarm screen that returned to today screen) no I didn't have an alarm set for this time

8) (about the "repeats") please do some checks - also try using the virtual keyboard instead of the "-/+" buttons ... as for the thing you don't understand, let's start from the beggining: A very small wav alarm (let say a two-second sound), how is it played by G-Alarm? Auto-repeat until snooze or stop? If this is the way then it is clear.

11) I understand your point about the registry...

NEW points:

1) I hope that the confirm message boxes that you say returned in 1.0.3 ARE SWITCHABLE! (I for one do NOT want an extra confirmation after I click the button or solve the quiz)

2) How can us Touch Pro users help you?

3) Don't spend too much time refining the audio player... this is an alarm clock.

5) Keep up the good work, but take a break for New Years Eve!
31st December 2008, 08:48 AM |#7  
ageye's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ulm
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasa

Nice program you've made. But i'm wondering if its possible to launch an exe instead of playing musicfiles?

finally added it to my todo list. Now I got some space for it -> there will be a new button next to the "add quick alarm" button

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS

hey hey new thread for the New Year

some "link" to our previous discussion:
(before trying 1.0.3)

4) (about the G-Alarm screen that returned to today screen) no I didn't have an alarm set for this time

8) (about the "repeats") please do some checks - also try using the virtual keyboard instead of the "-/+" buttons ... as for the thing you don't understand, let's start from the beggining: A very small wav alarm (let say a two-second sound), how is it played by G-Alarm? Auto-repeat until snooze or stop? If this is the way then it is clear.

11) I understand your point about the registry...

NEW points:

1) I hope that the confirm message boxes that you say returned in 1.0.3 ARE SWITCHABLE! (I for one do NOT want an extra confirmation after I click the button or solve the quiz)

2) How can us Touch Pro users help you?

3) Don't spend too much time refining the audio player... this is an alarm clock.

5) Keep up the good work, but take a break for New Years Eve!

you are confusing me with your numbers ;)

4) strange
8) I try everything and will fix it
-> every sound file (doesn't matter how large it is) will be repeated until you snooze/stop an alarm
2) I don't know... A friend of mine has a Sony Xperia X1, I will ask him if he has the problem, too and if he has, I think I can find the bug
if not: you have to send me your TP
3) I agree, I never wanted to change the audio player
5) who cares? there will be a new years eve next year as well ;)
no, I really have to take a break. my "career" demands some time the next few weeks. I just wanted to release v1.0 and to fix the major bugs and then work on my doctorate
31st December 2008, 09:02 AM |#8  
NLS's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Piraeus
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
...and then you know what eh?

You need to update G-Watch with all the nice things you learned from the development of G-Alarm. (plus you need to update the icon to say "G-Watch" instead of "GWatch" for consistency... you know you are the Trademark "G-*" guy.
31st December 2008, 09:33 AM |#9  
deuzeff's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi Ageye,

thank you very much for v1 and above. This looks great and is looking always better.

Got a question though: on the today pluggin, only the next alarm is shown? we can browse them directly from it, we have to open the mnain prog ?

Thanks man .
31st December 2008, 09:41 AM |#10  
ageye's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ulm
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuzeff

Hi Ageye,

thank you very much for v1 and above. This looks great and is looking always better.

Got a question though: on the today pluggin, only the next alarm is shown? we can browse them directly from it, we have to open the mnain prog ?

Thanks man .

hi deuzeff, I haven't heard from you for a long time ^^
you can cycle through the alarms by clicking on the alarm description (middle of the today plugin)
a manual will follow soon
expo7 is working on it
31st December 2008, 09:57 AM |#11  
deuzeff's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ageye

hi deuzeff, I haven't heard from you for a long time ^^
you can cycle through the alarms by clicking on the alarm description (middle of the today plugin)
a manual will follow soon
expo7 is working on it

Oh what a great trick, thank you very much !

I was not posting much lately, but I was regularly updating your perfect alarm . I still give a (small) hand to translate (only correct mistakes would more appropriate) via my compatriot hanackin .
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ageye, alarm, g-alarm, galarm
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes