If you want to make your own Rom for your i617, just follow these steps:
1. Get these runtimes and install on your PC (Windows XP): vcredist_x86.exe and NetCF 2.0
2. Get the the kitchen: [SamSung i617] kitchen, then extract to any where you want.
3. Get the original AT&T WM6.1 for i617 (only OS part), then put into BaseBin folder in the kitchen: The original Rom AT&T WM6.1 for i617 only OS file (pda.bin)
4. Now let you start to make the kitchen work:
- Run Dump [pda.bin].cmd then wait to complete.
- Get the file: initflashfiles.dat, then put into OEM\OEM_Lang_0409
Done. Now you can cook anything you like, after cooking, just run Build [pda.bin].cmd to rebuild the new Rom (in RomUpdate folder).
There is a guide to update Rom in the Attatchment.
But note that:
- Maybe some of PCs have some problems (cause virus or any reason), it can't show full hidden files. Just install fresh Windows XP again to fix it.
- To port the newer version of build, let you have to learn Here
And the last, I did sell my SamSung i617 to change a new toy
Sorry for my bad English.