FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

i780PCSHK3 Upgrader VISTA Guide

572 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By benveq, Senior Member on 4th January 2009, 10:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
As all we know we have been waiting official wm6.1 rom upgrade and mike-wasowsky named user made a big suprise! he gave us the links of wm6.1 roms for i780. I downloaded rom i780PCSHK3 and modified with an hex editor ( I would like to thank many time to melgurth to show how we can edit exe file ) then I installed rom yesterday night.no more problem during installation and phone is working very well. Now there is a mini guide how to do it;

1.) http://fus.samsungmobile.com/i780/NE...pgrader_XP.exe
http://fus.samsungmobile.com/i780/NE...ader_VISTA.exe
http://uk.samsungmobile.com/pmgmvst....70107&coflag=0 (it is modem driver it needs to be downloaded for xp )
http://uk.samsungmobile.com/pmgmvst....70108&coflag=0 ( it is for vista ) install modem drivers firstly then you can install rom exe files.

2.) download an hex editor i preffered HxD as editor like melgurth and choose one of these exe files given above and at the end of last line at editor you will see the version of rom ( it is seen as i780CS) change it with your version ( mine was i780pdxhi1 so u will change that line i780DX) then save as you exe file somewhere on your pc. by the way

3.) Start exe file which is edited by yourself.the progress is shown at pc when rom download is finished then unplug your usb cable and power on your i780 wait for a while and there will come Language settings choose which language you want then system will be in that language

4.) as final, there is no operator settings in system tab it means you have to add mms and internet settings by manually.if there is a cab file for it can you share with us?

5.) screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen01.png
Views:	545
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	143025  

4th January 2009, 11:03 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
new screenshots how to edit exe
according to previous post's explanations...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	exe.png
Views:	326
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	143029   Click image for larger version

Name:	HEX.png
Views:	399
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	143030  
4th January 2009, 11:20 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
What is the i780PCSHK3 for language? I can't find any codes with CS? It's a provider customized?
4th January 2009, 11:26 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
yes it is belong to telenord telekom you can choose the language you want after rom installation process. and there is no operator logo or skin. just i needed is to have mms and internet settings of my gsm provider.because there is no shortcut to operator settings.you should enter it manually.i dont know do we have any chance to import a cab file from other version of i780 roms for operator settings?
4th January 2009, 01:48 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
My mouse stopped working... only DPAD with up/down works...

where could be the problem?

edit:

I have realvga installed. But it worked after some resets. so I don't think there is the problem located. Probably PQzII (for scroll buttons remapping)?

What I also noticed is that when I push an icon in a menu it scrolles to the bottom :/ only pushing longer on an icon it opens the tool...
4th January 2009, 02:39 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
.. try typing a COMMA (, .. the one on the righ side of the space button) - you will get a "รค" instead of the COMMA.. any idea how to fix this please?
4th January 2009, 03:15 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for your post, but the XP upgrader link not working. Can you provide anyother link ? Thanks
4th January 2009, 04:52 PM |#8  
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Yes the XP Link seems to be out of order I mean what is the size there is no information of the file size. Keeps on downloading endlessly! Please upload the XP ROM to a downloading site and post the links. Benveq did you use the vista rom or the xp one? Which is better?
4th January 2009, 05:14 PM |#9  

More
Thanks for the links.
it appears the xp link is dead, the file is not available at server.
Please post the new link...thanks
4th January 2009, 05:18 PM |#10  

More
Hello
There is also the German language?
Can you update on the German 780 update?
Can someone has a step-by-step instructions make?

Greeting Stanly1902
4th January 2009, 06:16 PM |#11  
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benveq

2.) download an hex editor i preffered HxD as editor like melgurth and choose one of these exe files given above and at the end of last line at editor you will see the version of rom ( it is seen as i780CS) change it with your version ( mine was i780pdxhi1 so u will change that line i780DX) then save as you exe file somewhere on your pc. by the way

I have pda part as i780PDXHI1 and the Phone Part as i780PUHJ2 should I edit to i780DX or to i780PU ??????

Having problems downloading the XP versio of the ROM. Please can some one post it at some other site?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)