FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: You can select both if you like. If you dont like it tell me why.

I like this rom...

71 Vote(s)
88.75%
I don't like this rom...

11 Vote(s)
13.75%

[JUN 15, 2009] S.V.I/RoryB -6.1.20923 ANGEL FINAL post 2

2,916 posts
Thanks Meter: 771

By RoryB, Recognized Developer on 7th January 2009, 09:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,
As you know, I no longer have a WIZARD. The USB no longer wanted to connect to my computer and I could no longer flash my phone. So For My b-day I got a kaiser (you know, the one with the missing drivers) and gave my wizard to ... now she is my EX GF. I did get to play with it though just before we broke up and realized that I am really going to miss my wizard because it outperforms my Kaiser by a long shot. might not have all the ram I need, but at least it is much more stable and much more responsive.... anyway, I am done lamenting.

BUMMER because I was almost ready to release the final Angel rom for everyone with a new Manila and an EN/RU stock keyboard... a fed updated exe's and Dll's and so on and so fourth.
So rather than just dropping the whole project of making a last super stable and super fast 6.1 rom; I decided that it would be a good idea to upload my work in progress for anyone that wished to take this thing and make them selves a rom that would be usefull for them as well as take some of my packages (with compressed and simple image files for better performance) and make use of them.

RORYB decided to make a finished version. All I can say is that I wish I could flash it just to see. He has been helping me make my roms better since the (was it hornet or brighrom??) lets just say a long while; and knows how I work. I trust that with his input on Angel 5 is a HUGE improvement.
So as of post 390, this is his baby.
Thank you all,
Svi

S.V.I-923[A4] ANGEL: UC-Capable
ROM: 6.1 (5.1.20923) Page-Pool: 6mb
Thanks to cornelha for posting his kitchen and posting a rom I can dump for the packages. You can all dump this rom as well. Thanks to Faria and itsright for sharing their kitchen tools. Thanks to nada1 and RoryB for testing the closed beta. Thanks to all those creative people in the Developing and Hacking forum for making the programs in this rom. Thanks to those who have made donations and helped justify the time I spend cooking. Thanks to over 1100 people who have downloaded my last HORNET Manila Rom.

Features:
Manila Updated:
Tabs:
HOME|PEOPLE|MESSAGES|EMAIL|INTERNET*|PHOTOS|WEATHE R|GMAPS**|PROGRAMS***
*INTERNET tab has been configured for PIE; has link to OperaMini; has link to this thread.
**GMAPS has to be installed. The direct download link in in the pIE favorites
***PROGRAMS tab has been configured in version 2

START MENU: (QuickMenu 2.8 BIG MENU)
File Explorer; Help; Search
/PROGRAMS/Games:
Solitaire; Bubble Breaker

/PROGRAMS/Tools:
Activesync; Bluetooth Explorer; Comm Manager; Internet Sharing; M2DC; Midlet Manager (JAVA); Quickmenu; RC Mod; Regeditor; Synchro Time; Task Manager; WM5torage.
/PROGRAMS:
Album; Internet Explorer; Opera Mini; Pictures and Videos; Streaming media; Windows Media
/OFFICE MOBILE:
Calculator (1calc) Calendar; ContactFix; Excel Mobile; Messaging; Notepad; Notes; OneNote Mobile;Phone; Powerpoint Mobile;PPC Pim Backup; Record; Tasks; Word Mobile
/SETTINGS/PERSONAL:
Buttons; Input; Lock; Menus; Owner Information; Phone; Sounds and Notifications; Today.
/SETTINGS/SYSTEM:
About; Backlight; Certificates; Clear Storage; Clocks & Alarms; CTTuner; Device Information; Encryption; External GPS; Memory; Microphone ACG; OmapClock; Power; Regional Settings; Remove Programs; Screen; Touch Response Settings; TouchFLO removed
/SETTINGS/CONNECTIONS:
Beam; Bluetooth; Comm Manager; Connections; CSD Line Type; FTP Bluetooth; GPRS Setting; Network Cards; Network Plugin; Network Wizard; NoData; SMS Service; USB to PC; Wireless LAN

OTHER FEATURES: Smartskey; Extended File Explorer; QuertyMemory meter; Touchflo (scrolling) has been optimized for our fingers. I almost never have to pull out the stilus. Icons have been updated during the HORNET series; Short date includes abbreviated day of the week, as well as the date. Quick Menu has been optimized for Manila; Manila has been optimized for analogue clock (moved Call History and Calendar down during the final Hornet) ; Fixed Microphone: people no longer complain that they can’t hear me when I am walking down a busy street; Found the HELP and SEARCH shortcut problem in my OEM; Network wizard now starts up after the customizations

ISSUES AND FIXES ON POST 2

DOWNLOAD LINK ON POST 3

KITCHEN stored on rapidshare [link]
Good luck with cooking and please post links to your creations so that I can update the first post I figure that it would help people with rom support if they need it to keep it all in one place.

Below is a sreenshot of angel 4 not 5. Sorry, I do not have a screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	manila-home.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	196748  

7th January 2009, 09:57 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lexington

Donate to Me
More
This is the FINAL Final Angel
http://rapidshare.com/files/24464738...l_Angel_nk.nbf
I have been able to put in everything that used to be in Angel.
M2D and M2DC are there.
It has BT_SAP, ActiveSync Killer, PIM Backup, RC Mod, etc.
It has the OperaMini that states it is the final version.
Added BT icon that S.V.I posted.
Also, added mortscript to do some of the changes I did to get things to fit. You'll need a pdf reader to read mortscript's instructions. I could not fit it in.
Everything is back to standard settings. No attempt at BigStorage - has all the Trueffs settings back in place.

Here is the Final Kitchen
http://rapidshare.com/files/25118940...el_Kitchen.rar
You can change what you want. It is in my current formatting. The current state of packages is a clean angel as opposed to a nekid angel some are asking for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Angel Home.JPG
Views:	1214
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	201368  
7th January 2009, 09:57 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Issues and fixes / to do list
TO DO:

SP1 for angel 1 only
WLAN Fix ; also updated "Wireless Lan.exe" to the one from diamond (more options)
BTA2DP Fix (hopefully will fix the choppy playback issues with Nitrogen mp3 player)
ALBUM FIX: Now can use gestures!! Now opening an image file from MMS, Email, FExplorer takes you to PIMG.
SUPPORT TAB: (Internet Manila tab) link fixed
POWER MANAGEMENT Fix Enabled

FIXES FOR A3
See the atached file. it adresses image file associations and GMaps tab in manila.
Attached Files
File Type: cab S.V.I ANGELS-P1.cab - [Click for QR Code] (838.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: zip fixes for A3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (10.3 KB, 38 views)
8th January 2009, 03:11 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Pleeeeeeeease
Please,Take a look 4 the network connection wizard (middle east area)
Thanks and happy new year
8th January 2009, 08:06 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Bump this up! I didn't notice it as it was sinking. Downloading now!
8th January 2009, 09:00 PM |#7  

More
Thanks for posting the new rom. I know that this rom is faster. after beta release I m going to use this one.. thanks again
8th January 2009, 09:04 PM |#8  
Mad-Town

More
Its Jan 8th, 2009!
Brohan, your thread is titled 2008, NOT 2009!

I'll try this out after i give the latest CR86 a spin since i just flashed that today.
8th January 2009, 09:11 PM |#9  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lexington

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.V.I

TO DO:
Need to change the image files associations back to MS:PIMG as Album starts in the /My Pictures folder regardless of anything.
I will fix that ASAP.

Here is a reg for images settings.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Image settings.reg.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.8 KB, 132 views)
8th January 2009, 10:07 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryB

Here is a reg for images settings.

Thank S.V.I. for the new ROM

And thank you for the fix!
8th January 2009, 10:22 PM |#11  
Flag Adana
Thanks Meter: 143

More