FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

[THE]*UPDATE*[01-10-09] Black Magic by Zal (TF3D & S2U2 & 15-Tabs)

31 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Zal, Member on 8th January 2009, 03:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok this is my very first attempt at working with manila/themes! So like please don't shout at me if I get anything wrong (also it's my first ever post ) All advice/suggestions are welcome!

While this might look like the Sprint Theme from NisseDILLIGAF, it is not. It is, however, inspired by the Sprint theme. The only thing I did actually use is some of the neon icons but I created some new ones. Including a shiney red one for the stock tab. Also Calendar and Sound Settings icons for 15-Tabs version.

Everything else I made from scratch in Photoshop. I created a new tab-sliderbar similar to the Sprint one because the original did not work well on the HD. (as can be seen here)
My version: (I'm particularly happy with the little funky light sparkles)

I found a way to use full-sized high quality images in the tf3d Home tab and also have a semi-transparent slider bar in all tabs. Which means you can see the HQ background through the slider in all tabs! (make sure you have default wallpaper set in tf3d settings.. i.e. no wallpaper)

I might do some more work on the clock because i'm not 100% happy with it yet. There are lots of other little mods you'll have to see for yourself

Got the battery fire effect from Godzon's Battery and modded it to work properly on Touch HD.
Oh and the flowery brush used for the wallpaper I got from here.

I made it into a cab for easy install/uninstall. (remember to soft-reset after installation)

*** NEW cab that includes 15 tabs and the 15 tab manila hack ***
Attached Files
File Type: zip just-the-wallpaper.zip - [Click for QR Code] (90.0 KB, 4701 views)
File Type: cab blackmagic.cab - [Click for QR Code] (469.4 KB, 5503 views)
File Type: cab blackmagic-15tabs.cab - [Click for QR Code] (507.9 KB, 7199 views)

8th January 2009, 03:34 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
*** Reserved ***
8th January 2009, 06:05 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Cool theme, will be trying this out.
8th January 2009, 11:12 AM |#4  

More
Yeah... excellent work, dude. :)
8th January 2009, 11:13 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Amaizing work ! Looks great ! Going to use this..

I REALLY like that you have made it into a cab file.. every theme should be like this.. Perfect !!!
8th January 2009, 11:43 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
great work man, one of the best themes here.

Some suggestions for future updates :

1. Make a 15 tabs version. with complet icons set.
2. Add a new font to the mix.
3. Skin for throttlelock.
4. Custom wallpaper for weather tab.
8th January 2009, 01:44 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Thanks for all the positive comments This is just the first of many more themes to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3Mdesign

1. Make a 15 tabs version. with complet icons set.
2. Add a new font to the mix.
3. Skin for throttlelock.
4. Custom wallpaper for weather tab.

Some really good suggestions here. I'll definitely make a 15 tab version and I'll have to play around with fonts as I haven't tried that yet on the HD. I've created a few fonts in the past so hopefully I can come up with something original.

I Haven't actually tried out the throttlelock program yet as S2U2 works so well. But I'll give it a go today and hopefully make a skin for it!

Currently it's not possible to have a different wallpaper for individual tabs. However, I'm gonna work a bit on the graphics used on the weather tab.
8th January 2009, 02:42 PM |#8  

More
Zal, Nice Theme!

Just wondering how you managed to create your custom icons in the phone?

Im trying to download a few png files that i want and cant find any info on how to just change these?
8th January 2009, 03:11 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbds

Zal, Nice Theme!

Just wondering how you managed to create your custom icons in the phone?

Im trying to download a few png files that i want and cant find any info on how to just change these?

Hi gbds, the process is outlined here: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...ckstone_Custom

Best to read the entire page, but basically you have to copy all the files ending in _manila from your phones windows folder (using explore in active sync) and then use Manila Editor to insert new png images into the manila files and copy them back to the phone Hope this helps.
9th January 2009, 02:15 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3Mdesign

1. Make a 15 tabs version. with complete icons set.

I made a 15 tab version! I've updated the cab file. So just uninstall the old one and download/reinstall the new one and it should give you nice icons for all 15 tabs

Let me know if it looks ok to you, I tested it and it seems to work well.
9th January 2009, 02:49 AM |#11  

More
Great job,thank you!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cab magic zal sprint hd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)