FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

New audio switch program for skype and others.

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By MarceloFB, Member on 9th January 2009, 06:59 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
This program is an evolution of the first I made. It will route the audio to the earpiece when an certain program is running.

I put the program here because I have test it in wizard, if people test this in others phones and it works, please post here and maybe move this this thread to an more "generic" forum.

the program MUST be under "\($program files)\audioswitch" folder, you must unzip the contents to this folder.

the configuration file (command.txt) is under this format:

etc

the first line is the delay(in miliseconds) in witch the program will "look" if a program in the list is in the top level window, faster phone, smaller delays, I recommend 1000 ms.

the next 20 lines are the programs you want the audio to be routed to the earpiece(max 20 lines for now).

Again the program is under the "do it on your own risk" and "I am not responsible for anything" licence. And,of course, it is free!! Do not sell it!

It is manly intended for little expert users:), as it is still in "beta" fase, hehehe.

How it works:
the program runs in an eternal loop and look for the title of the current window that is displayed for the user in a time interval.
When the program mach the title window with one of the names user configured it it will switch the audio, when the program is not running anymore, the audio will swich back.

Do not launch two or more instances of the program at the same time, could really mess things up. -- se the forum (thanks tucahara)
To stop the program, u must use a process manager.

it would be good if someone could make a cab to install it. -- done see the forum (thanks tucahara)

this is still a beta, I intend to make ajustments as people give feedback.

Thanks,

hope u like.

-----first update---
now, an file called "audioswitch_error.txt" in the root directory will hold the error messages.

------------ List - Working ------------
wizard - I tested
P3301 or P3300 - I tested
att tilt - I tested
touch 3452 and 3450
touch dual
touch cruise
touch HD
Sony Ericsson Xperia X1
BenQ E72
Titan --> see the forum

------------ List - NOT working ------------
T-Mobile Diamond
HTC Touch by Sprint
Samsung SGH-i780

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
check the new thread at:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=502361
new aproach to do the switch and now open source, even with an class that others can improve and put in other apps...

Some people complain about me not openning the source of the app, I have just made this way because there was proprietary code inside and I had no time to rewrite it without the proprietary code.
I have made the best I could, and now I had some time and rewrite the app in open source, to those who only complain about it, get the code and make it better instead of complaining!

Thanks for all that encourage me to continue the work and helped the development.

will retire this project for while...

thanks u all.
Attached Files
File Type: zip audioswitch.zip - [Click for QR Code] (38.7 KB, 5462 views)

11th January 2009, 04:31 PM |#2  
Flag Northern New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Audioswitch for Skype
On HTC Touch by Sprint (CDMA, also known as Vogue), audioswitch does switch the audio in the Skype 2.5 windows mobile PPC from external speaker to handset. Unfortunately, the microphone is then also disabled. I hope you'll be able to tweak your audioswitch to resolve this.

Thank you so much for developing this wonderful applet. I'm sure you will have the gratitude of many frustrated Skype windows mobile users.
11th January 2009, 05:56 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
What really happens is that when the sound output is switched in some phones, the microphone gain changes too. This happens because the phone thinks it is a "normal call".
Most of the times the mic gain increases, but in your phone it must be decreasing. Try to figure out in registry where the mic gain controls are recorded and chage all of then to the same value. I had this issue with my P3301 and solved this way, but there is quite a time now and I do not remenber where are the reg keys to change, but I have found the information here in the forum.

I will try to figure out for other "hack" to solve this issue... thanks for reply.
14th January 2009, 10:45 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 53

Donate to Me
More
doesn't work at T-Mobile Compact IV (aka Diamond)
Sound went to loudspeaker....
PS: fring last version working fine with sound at mine phone (without any additional programms). Sound is going to correct destination automatically
15th January 2009, 01:53 AM |#5  
Flag Northern New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I just tried the latest version of Fring, which automatically switches audio to earpiece when call is connected.

The same issue occurs with the new Fring as I described above with your audioswitch program: I can hear audio through earpiece, but microphone doesn't work (or is inaudible).

I couldn't find a tweak or registry hack to correct this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
15th January 2009, 03:27 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarceloFB

This program is an evolution of the first I made. It will route the audio to the earpiece when an certain program is running.

I put the program here because I have test it in wizard, if people test this in others phones and it works, please post here and maybe move this this thread to an more "generic" forum.

the program MUST be under "\($program files)\audioswitch" folder, you must unzip the contents to this folder.

the configuration file (command.txt) is under this format:

etc

the first line is the delay(in miliseconds) in witch the program will "look" if a program in the list is in the top level window, faster phone, smaller delays, I recommend 1000 ms.

the next 20 lines are the programs you want the audio to be routed to the earpiece(max 20 lines for now).

Again the program is under the "do it on your own risk" and "I am not responsible for anything" licence. And,of course, it is free!! Do not sell it!

It is manly intended for little expert users, as it is still in "beta" fase, hehehe.

How it works:
the program runs in an eternal loop and look for the title of the current window that is displayed for the user in a time interval.
When the program mach the title window with one of the names user configured it it will switch the audio, when the program is not running anymore, the audio will swich back.

it would be good if someone could make a cab to install it.

this is still a beta, I intend to make ajustments as people give feedback.

If someone like this program and wants to make an donation...
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

Thanks,

hope u like.

I have an idea. Rather than regularly polling to see what the current windows is, why not use a windows hook to monitor windows messages. When you see a message indicating a window has come to the foreground test it against your list of windows and enable/disable audio switch as necessary. Use SetWindowsHookEx and hook for WH_CBT messages. If you are unfamiliar with using SetWindowsHookEx I could supply you with the hooking code and all you would need to do is insert the code to check the window names, enable the audio switch, and disable the audio switch. Or you could send me the enable/disable routines.

Another tip, I noticed that skype places an icon in the notification area during a call. If there is someway of detecting the notification icon that could be another great way to trigger the switch.

Great program though. Works beautifully.
15th January 2009, 04:27 AM |#7  

More
OOOH

If this program works on the new BenQ E72 I'm getting in a couple of days I'll certainly donate!

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
15th January 2009, 10:58 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hello,

it does not work on hermes (tytn).

by the way "troca2" does work on hermes! - maybe you guys want to work together?
15th January 2009, 07:28 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baal_zebub

hello,

it does not work on hermes (tytn).

by the way "troca2" does work on hermes! - maybe you guys want to work together?

hehhehe, I made troca2, I will see if the switch code is the same or if I have made some mistake...
are u sure you have put the program in the correct directory?? I will make some modifications to have an error feedback. So u can see if something is wrong...
15th January 2009, 07:36 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKingDev

I have an idea. Rather than regularly polling to see what the current windows is, why not use a windows hook to monitor windows messages. When you see a message indicating a window has come to the foreground test it against your list of windows and enable/disable audio switch as necessary. Use SetWindowsHookEx and hook for WH_CBT messages. If you are unfamiliar with using SetWindowsHookEx I could supply you with the hooking code and all you would need to do is insert the code to check the window names, enable the audio switch, and disable the audio switch. Or you could send me the enable/disable routines.

Another tip, I noticed that skype places an icon in the notification area during a call. If there is someway of detecting the notification icon that could be another great way to trigger the switch.

Great program though. Works beautifully.

It is a good idea to use hook, I have not think of it!
I use a proprietary code included in a lib at the company I work for to make the "switch" but it is not different of what u find here in the forum.
Maybe we can make an effort to re-make it with hooks...
15th January 2009, 11:04 PM |#11  

More
so this program must run all the time? after every softreset you have to start it?

is it not easier with mortscript (for example) to make an shortcut that opens skype as well as the audioswitch program? and closes the audioswithc program when you close skype?

I am using it right now and it seems to work perfect:
i used this script after installing mortscript (http://www.sto-helit.de/):

run( "\Windows\SkypeSoundSwitch.exe" )
runwait( "\Program Files\Skype\Skype.exe" )
close( "troca2" )

(see that in my case i downloaded your original program and renamed it to skypesoundswitch.exe and put it in the windows map)

I renamed it so i could remember what the purpose the file had.. changed nothing but the name!

Thanks for the program by the way! it always worked perfect!!
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread