FORUMS

Disabling TF3D Clock as Shortcut & A Few More Ideas

1,984 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By Ameet, Retired Moderator on 17th January 2009, 02:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So you know how when you press the clock in TF3D it brings you to the clock settings thing (the Time/Alarms settings)?

Does anyone know how to stop that?
It is a giant hit box for the touch screen and when it is in my pocket - it is the most common thing accidentally hit...

Plus it's not a settings menu I often need...
17th January 2009, 02:46 AM |#2  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Mumbai

More
Disabling TF3D Clock as Shortcut & A Few More Ideas
Greygabe.. Sorry for hijacking this thread but here's a chance to continue with learning about mode9 editing and stuff Your question is in post 2 which actually made me get into the classes

Finally got the mode9 edited to remove the selection on clock and the date line below it Thanks to headsup from above and mode9 quick tutorials from xboxmod

Attached are my LUA scripts for removing the clicks "just for reference" not to be used directly to device
Attached Files
File Type: zip ClockHits.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.3 KB, 138 views)
9th February 2009, 04:10 AM |#3  
Flag Waco, TX
Thanks Meter: 2

More
You have to edit the 1c684cd8_manila file, aka home tab mode9 file. It has a selection box defined which can be modified to remove the selection area for clock. I would post file, but not everyone has the same file, depending on with or without flipclocks for starters, but there could also be other differences too. The file can be edited using m9editor.
4th April 2009, 06:25 PM |#4  
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Has anyone ever figured this out? I constantly touch my clock screen inadvertently, sending it to alarms and setting.
16th April 2009, 06:26 AM |#5  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygabe

So you know how when you press the clock in TF3D it brings you to the clock settings thing (the Time/Alarms settings)?

Does anyone know how to stop that?
It is a giant hit box for the touch screen and when it is in my pocket - it is the most common thing accidentally hit...

Plus it's not a settings menu I often need...

You could change script on offset 798.lua in 1c684cd8_manila.

There are two of 'NavigateToClock()', one is for thouching, other is for clicking. You could get rid of what you want.
17th April 2009, 02:20 PM |#6  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by showaco

You have to edit the 1c684cd8_manila file, aka home tab mode9 file. It has a selection box defined which can be modified to remove the selection area for clock. I would post file, but not everyone has the same file, depending on with or without flipclocks for starters, but there could also be other differences too. The file can be edited using m9editor.

Hi showaco. I edited the file you mentioned in m9editor. Copied to windows and using it without any problems actually. But when i click on the date line below clock, it opens the clock applet. also when i click the clock after flipping it, it still opens the clock applet. how to get rid of that?

i edited the name size value to 0,0 last line in the screen below. am i doing something wrong?
18th April 2009, 11:28 AM |#7  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Mumbai

More
Hi guys. I wanted to remove this code from the attached script of 1c684cd8_manila file
Code:
OnAlarmPressed = function(l_3_0, l_3_1)
   _application.Navigation:Navigate(URL("Manila://WorldClock/alarmview.page"))
   l_3_1.value = true
end
Even if I simply decompile the script in m9editor (3.3.0.1) and try to re-compile without editing anything, it gives me the below error

Am still learning this whole LUA script thingy so I cant know what is to be done. Please help somebody. Also I want to edit the date line & alarm line to place above the clock. Any ideas what is to be edited in the 1c684cd8_manila file?

EDIT: Found the problem. There was an extra "end" mentioned below. Compared the script with an earlier manila file. Removed that "end" and got the script to work
Code:
   else
      AlarmClockOn._visible = false
      AlarmClockOff._visible = true
      AlarmTime.String = "[[IDS_ALARMOFF]]"
      if alarmSelected == true then
         AlarmTime.Color = GetAlarmSelectedColor()
         AlarmTime.Opacity:Interpolate(100, 0, 0, Interpolate_Linear)
      else
         AlarmTime.Color = GetAlarmOffColor()
         AlarmTime.Opacity:Interpolate(50, 0, 0, Interpolate_Linear)
      end
   end
end
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1c684cd8_manila.zip - [Click for QR Code] (17.4 KB, 28 views)
19th April 2009, 01:24 PM |#8  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Mumbai

More
Hi guys. I am attaching my 1c684cd8_manila file for some help needed This file is not to be used directly since it is customised to my home layout

I need to move the text "Airtel" (carrier name) to the extreme left, keeping the operator logo (Ameet) as is. I have edited the mode9 file in such a way that I only need to replace a .png image called op.png (150x50) in windows dir to change the operator logo Works good for me

Can you guys tell me what is to be edited for moving the carrier name to the left. I tried changing the pos x of carrier name in the mode9 file but it just wont budge

Attached Files
File Type: zip OP_Logo.zip - [Click for QR Code] (19.5 KB, 28 views)
19th April 2009, 05:09 PM |#9  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Mumbai

More
Didnt do much good in the earlier section. Got no responses there. Hoping someone might be able to help out in here
19th April 2009, 08:14 PM |#10  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Gap
Thanks Meter: 2,003

Donate to Me
More
Hi Ameet
to move operator text position
you need to edit attached lua.
in new manila 90% of item are placed in lua
lots of mode9 value are ignored.
if you need more info ask me.
bye
Attached Files
File Type: zip 25d04412_manila.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.0 KB, 43 views)
20th April 2009, 04:53 PM |#11  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmod

Hi Ameet
to move operator text position
you need to edit attached lua.
in new manila 90% of item are placed in lua
lots of mode9 value are ignored.
if you need more info ask me.
bye

Hi brother. The file you posted is actually for landscape? (home_landscape.luac)
The script from my file is different (attached my file for comparing )
Code:
      TitleBar._visible = true
      if OperatorLogo._visible == true then
         CarrierNetwork.Position.value = Vector3(208, -15, 0)
         CarrierNetwork.HorizontalAlignment = Alignment_Right
      end
this is from portrait screen. I dont want to move the operator logo, it is perfect where it is right now. I just want to move the carrier name "Airtel" in screen above post to the left. Which code to be edited for that?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
tf3d clock disable

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)