FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Need Artemis WM 6.5 Rom..

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By aakashvijay, Junior Member on 22nd January 2009, 01:08 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
i need windows mobile 6.5 rom for my artemis. i heared somewhere that it is available in xda forum....

aakash

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
after searching on net i have found off. wm6.5 rom for my artemis
that is -
http://www.pdamobiz.com/forum/forum_...ID=196828&PN=1

in that goto P3300 section and download...

thx

22nd January 2009, 01:24 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Doesn't exist! Please close Thread
22nd January 2009, 01:30 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
if not exists the one must create
if this rom not exists then one must create that rom for all.
ms is going to release wm 6.5 is next few days.....
22nd January 2009, 02:08 PM |#4  
Flag henveiru, Male'

More
Microsoft havent even released the WM6.5 ROM yet..

its an early internal built of WM6.5 for BlueAngel (if im nt wrong) which has been leaked. i warn u, coz its an early build, and not guaranteed to be working properly. im not really interested, coz even the current built of WM6.1 with Manilla2D is really eye-catching and stable, so y wud i risk and switch to something which is not bugfree?

its something like i have Windows Vista SP1 which is really the most stable OS i ever used. Y wud i format my OS partition and install Windows 7 which is a beta yet? it has several bugs which can ruin the files, and even breach security.
22nd January 2009, 02:19 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i would love to try it.

haven't had a 100% stable rom on my Artemis since it was bought ( tried : official WM5, official WM6, black & blue 6.1) and as we all know, sometimes the thing just crashes. I may as well have a new toy to play with that crashes if it's going to do that anyway.

it's not the same as testing a desktop OS at all (although i AM beta testing W7)

if it WAS available for the Artemis yet, I'd be installing ASAP

unfortunately it is only for blue angel at the moment
22nd January 2009, 02:29 PM |#6  
Flag henveiru, Male'

More
eya u r right... this is off topic, but windows 7 had bugs which duznt allow to join to domain networks, and it updates the MP3 files incorrectly, and even has problems with some windows installer setups...

the problem with mobile windows is, that its for blueagel, and its in early beta stage yet. if it is to be run in artemis, the rom size has to be below 64MB.. BlueAngel has 96MB of ROM, and when i checked the downloads, they were about 90MB in size..

its too early that someone can slipstream or port this WM6.5 to artemis yet, since most information abt it havent been published. i'll just wait with the more stable version yet, coz it will save my time... will think abt checking the ROM when i feel its a it safer to try it..

by the way.. for anyone whoz interested, this is the thread to WM6.5 in xda-dev

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=428030
22nd January 2009, 04:39 PM |#7  

More
I'm pretty much a cooking noob but wouldn't it be possible to extract the ROM and take the SYS/XIP and build a nice clean Artemis ROM from that ?
23rd January 2009, 05:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder

Microsoft havent even released the WM6.5 ROM yet..

its an early internal built of WM6.5 for BlueAngel (if im nt wrong) which has been leaked. i warn u, coz its an early build, and not guaranteed to be working properly. im not really interested, coz even the current built of WM6.1 with Manilla2D is really eye-catching and stable, so y wud i risk and switch to something which is not bugfree?

its something like i have Windows Vista SP1 which is really the most stable OS i ever used. Y wud i format my OS partition and install Windows 7 which is a beta yet? it has several bugs which can ruin the files, and even breach security.

You're getting old dude.
23rd January 2009, 07:36 PM |#9  
Flag MUMBAI
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
can anyone please mirror this on something like rapidshare 4shared mega upload???

it is wm6.5 kitchen
http://www.brsbox.com/filebox/down/f...97c08f3426f5d0

i cant download this

maybe we can atleast try porting it to artemis
23rd January 2009, 08:12 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheennick123456

it is wm6.5 kitchen
http://www.brsbox.com/filebox/down/f...97c08f3426f5d0

I'm downloading it, will upload once complete, speed is terrible, about 15kb/s