FORUMS

Android Vogue port Help desk

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By etx, Member on 22nd January 2009, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My Android's X wont Y! Ask your questions here and we will try to answer them.
23rd January 2009, 02:54 AM |#2  
Flag Youngstown

More
SMS bad encoding
I get sms bad encoding every time i get a text
this and the camera and browser sd card not found error
are the only problems keeping me from running
this latest version as a daily driver any help
is appreciated.

Sorry bout my english im typing this on my work
break on my touch
23rd January 2009, 06:13 AM |#3  

More
If you get an incoming call while online via Togga (with Sprint, if it matters), will the call always and invariably go to voicemail, or will it sometimes/always ask whether you want to terminate the data connection and take the call (the way WM6/6.1 does)?

Likewise, if you get a text message while running Android, is that message going to be forever unknown to Windows Mobile? Or is there a window of time where the message is retained on Sprint's server, and if you boot WM during that window it will see the message and fetch a copy for itself?
23rd January 2009, 03:24 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknyo

I get sms bad encoding every time i get a text
this and the camera and browser sd card not found error
are the only problems keeping me from running
this latest version as a daily driver any help
is appreciated.

Sorry bout my english im typing this on my work
break on my touch

You're using the most recent files from DZO's site? What version radio firmware is your phone using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamicanes

If you get an incoming call while online via Togga (with Sprint, if it matters), will the call always and invariably go to voicemail, or will it sometimes/always ask whether you want to terminate the data connection and take the call (the way WM6/6.1 does)?

Likewise, if you get a text message while running Android, is that message going to be forever unknown to Windows Mobile? Or is there a window of time where the message is retained on Sprint's server, and if you boot WM during that window it will see the message and fetch a copy for itself?

Android knows when you are in a voice call and suspends the data connection. Also, I've never had an issue receiving a phone call when connected to the ppp internet connection. It's pretty seamless, at least for me on my touch.

You're text messages get routed to whatever OS it is running. If my phone dies, I plug it in start up winmo and it i will receive all the text messages and store them in its own database. Once I boot android it will receive any messages the radio receives and store them in its database. So text messages will never go across OS'es ever as they are considered received after any one OS receives it. Hope that helps.
24th January 2009, 01:50 AM |#5  

More
Alltel
Anyone know of the Alltel Username and Password?? Thanks
24th January 2009, 06:37 AM |#6  
Flag Zhaoqing

More
Hello,

what,s that mean:"wizard login:" it appered when I was installing Android

and then it just stop there.Could anybody tell me what elements I need ?
Or give me a full pack Please!!!!!!!Thank you !!!!!!!!
Sorry for my poor English
24th January 2009, 08:09 PM |#7  
Flag Youngstown

More
Landon I also have Alltel use (your number)@alltelmobile and leave the password blank. ext I have been using the latest files from dzo I probably had the togga connected at the time when i was getting texts, but it never seemed to happen on ealier builds when connected via PIE. Also as some suggested it is not carrier specific this happens on GSM AT&T and CDMA Sprint and probably my own Alltel.
24th January 2009, 11:31 PM |#8  

More
Battery
I asked this in the other forum but I'm asking again.

Is it ok to leave the phone on the charger overnight while running android.

AdamWill said yes but it gets hot and he was on a titan.

htc tech support said it's probably not a good idea because the charger circuit is software controlled.

So does anyone leave their phone overnight and what results have you seen.

LOU
25th January 2009, 11:20 PM |#9  

More
Alltel
I tried the afore mentioned username and pass and no success, anyway I can get the script line? Or am I doing something wrong?
26th January 2009, 12:56 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouKohley

I asked this in the other forum but I'm asking again.

Is it ok to leave the phone on the charger overnight while running android.

AdamWill said yes but it gets hot and he was on a titan.

htc tech support said it's probably not a good idea because the charger circuit is software controlled.

So does anyone leave their phone overnight and what results have you seen.

LOU

I've left my touch on the charger overnight a number of times and it seems to be fine.
27th January 2009, 06:49 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Authentication for Sprint
Just loaded this onto my Sprint Touch and it works great (after fooling with a bad SD card). My only other stumbling block was getting logged into the data network. Turns out that I couldn't leave the username null -- in default.txt I had to specify

set cmdline "[email protected]"

Replace "3525551212" with your cell phone# (starting w/ area code). I'm in the US.

-david
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, vogue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)