FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Foldable bluetooth keyboard

197 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By david-v, Senior Member on 25th January 2009, 06:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I just saw this announcement from Brando about a foldable keyboard and what a surprise when a saw the PDA they use as example.... Looks pretty cool to me and a very good gadget for our Touch HD. Does anyone have it already?

26th January 2009, 08:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Looks great, thanks for the find!
27th January 2009, 04:35 PM |#3  
Flag Edinburgh

More
although wayyyyyyyyyyy more expensive

I'm leaning towrds the Dinovo Mini

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...abi/6422A.aspx

it has a dpad

which I read somewhere in the Blackstone accessories forum can be made to work with the HD

Gary
27th January 2009, 08:30 PM |#4  
Flag Bykle
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi.
I have both these keyboards. The diNovo Mini is used for my HTPC. Works perfectly for that purpose! Haven't tried it for use with WM6.1.
The Brando keyboard is exactly like the keyboard I use for my Touch HD although mine is HP iPAQ-branded. It works great for normal typing. Haven't gotten the 'special keys' to work though...

What I'm really missing is that since this keyboard is Int'l English the Norwegian letters Æ Ø and Å are sadly missing. On a PC it is easy to get the language-layout you want on the keyboard regardless.
Is there a way to achieve the same result with a BT keyboard on a Touch HD (or other Windows Mobile)?
27th January 2009, 08:46 PM |#5  

More
Hi.

Any chance to get this keyboard with a QWERTZ layout? Or is it possible to change the Y/Z-Keys in WM? (Using it as QWERTZ but with a "wrong" caption)

Bernhard
28th January 2009, 02:28 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by david-v

Hello,

I just saw this announcement from Brando about a foldable keyboard and what a surprise when a saw the PDA they use as example.... Looks pretty cool to me and a very good gadget for our Touch HD. Does anyone have it already?

Hi,

I have a Foldable BT Keyboard too,looks very similar, but afaik its the "Freedom Keyboard" labeled from Level1. I bought it in 2007 for another PDA, and now it works with the Touch HD without problems.
One can put 10 Fn-key combinations to the Number-keys (btw the software in the picture seems to be the same like the one i have on the PDA)

greetings

Norbert
28th January 2009, 04:12 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth73

Hi,

I have a Foldable BT Keyboard too,looks very similar, but afaik its the "Freedom Keyboard" labeled from Level1. I bought it in 2007 for another PDA, and now it works with the Touch HD without problems.
One can put 10 Fn-key combinations to the Number-keys (btw the software in the picture seems to be the same like the one i have on the PDA)

greetings

Norbert

So, could you tell me please if it is possible, to change the key-layout in this software?

Thanks
28th January 2009, 04:33 PM |#8  
Flag Belfast

More
I've used the Think outside bluetooth keyboard and more recently the I-Go bluetooth keyboard (exact same product , different name). I find it excellent with such a small footprint. I've actually used it as my main desktop keyboard for over a year and a half (I have a pretty Ultra mobile setup).

I wonder though, why the brando has the slot to hold the handset on the far left? I prefer the I-Go's central placement, means you can turn the phone in landscape mode and use it like that for email, msn etc...

BANE
4th February 2009, 10:17 AM |#9  

More
APPLE Keyboard BT with TyTN but not with Touch HD - Why ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth73

Hi,
I have ....and now it works with the Touch HD without problems.
Norbert

I used an Apple BT Aluminium Keyboard with my old TyTN but I am not able to use it with my very new HD. The keyboard is paired with difficoulty but after pairing there is no way to print in Word or even in Mail or SMS. On both devices I had installed the Resco Keyboard (may it give problems ? but why not on TyTN ?). Before I buy the Freedom I would like to know if anybody could give me his suggestion.
Thanks.
4th February 2009, 02:46 PM |#10  
Flag Søborg
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trondkk

Hi.
What I'm really missing is that since this keyboard is Int'l English the Norwegian letters Æ Ø and Å are sadly missing. On a PC it is easy to get the language-layout you want on the keyboard regardless.
Is there a way to achieve the same result with a BT keyboard on a Touch HD (or other Windows Mobile)?

Have you tried out the program "AE Keyboard Mapper"?

http://ae.inc.ru/aekmap.php
5th February 2009, 01:44 AM |#11  
Flag Bykle

More
Thanks Oleander!
AE Keyboard Mapper does the trick as it supports my HP BT Keyboard.
Sadly Norwegian keyboard layout is not supported as a default layout so I have some work ahead of me. Have understood the basics and have remapped the 3 Norwegian letters ÆØÅ æøå to their respective keys on the HW keyboard.
Now this great keyboard will get even more useful!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)