FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2/16/09] Microlab's WM6.1 IOLITE BLUE v.16 Manila TF2D (See its interface slideshow)

1,197 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By quicksite, Senior Member on 26th January 2009, 01:05 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
=====================================

UPDATE Feb 16, 2009:
ADDED: Photo Gallery View, a slideshow of this ROM's interface, 50-slides showing this interface in action. (Part 2 will be added with 38 more interface slides)
Go to: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=483294

UPDATE Feb 9, 2009:
v .16 released in Blue, looks nice. ROM Author: Microlab @ PDAviet.net

(Manila TouchFLO 2D) Blue HERALD_WWE_6.1.405.16.B -- BUILD 20765-1.4.4.PV

Thread at PDAViet Site. (Download ROM)

IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTE !

After flashing to this ROM, follow the usual advice of doing a hard reset.

Then:

YOU NEED TO INSTALL THE DATA/ SMS/ MMS SETTINGS:

If you are a T-Mobile user, download and install this Network Wizard cab file.

You MUST do this, or you will not get an internet connection, and you will not be able to text-message.

Rom Author's Note: (Microlab at PDAviet)

Theo yêu cầu của 1 số bạn,mình làm bản v16.B với giao diện Blue.
Mọi tính năng OS và Build được kế thừa hoàn toàn bản v16.

GOOGLE TRANSLATED: As requested by you No. 1, you do the v16.B with the Blue. All features and OS Build inherit the whole of v16.

Build: the Full XIP & SYS from ROM Ship for QVGA HTC's line Iolite (Touch Cruise of 2009) is not higher than 20xxx.

-Opal_Enlarged Start Menu, plus, finger-friendly LARGER Windows BOTTOM Menus

-Opal_Audio_Manager (Blue).
-Opal_HTC_Album.
-Opal_TaskManager_2_1_34837_3.
-Opal_Fullscreen_Player_1_05_080821_0.
-Opal_Dialer_PhoneCanvas(trượt để trả lời hoặc từ chối cuộc gọi).

-Opal_LargeTitleBar
-Opal_Volume_Control.
-Opal_TouchFlo.
-Opal_YouTube.
-Opal_CommManager_v2.7.1.8.
-.NET Compact Framework 3.5.7283.0.

-PowerOff_PPC.
-S2V-0_42.
-Keyboad Default_Skin (White).
-Spb_Calculator_Skin (White).
-S2U2-1_18.
-SoftReset_PPC.
-ClearTemp.
-PPCPimBackup v2.8.
-PHM Registry Editor v0.70.
-Sim Manager 6.57.
-Oxios Hibernate v1.40.

PagePool=6 Mb.

=============================================
UPDATE Feb 7, 2009: V6.1.405.16 - Fixed broken "Download" link, immediately below.

=============================================
UPDATE Feb 6, 2009: Microlab's New ROM Release version, in Burgundy Red, updated from V6.1.405.15, to V6.1.405.16 (Download) (Note: Version .15, the original ROM posted to this thread on 1/26/09 is a "Deep Sea Blue")

For specs and installation information, you will have to visit Microlab's thread at PDAviet.net (requires registration)

========================================
Prior Version History

1/26/09 -- WM6.1 V6.1.405.15 [DEEP SEA BLUE] Microlab's TouchFLO Manila 2D -- available from PDAViet.net here; and following those links, you will come to its download location.

COMING SOON: I shot video of the entire installation process from my previous ROM, ttrans Open Touch v 6.5, to downloading Microlab's version .15, to installing it -- as a helpful guide to new users. As soon as I edit it, i will post to YouTube and link here. ... [UPDATE 2/1/09] [I also shot video of switching from this rom to thanhy25's "Deep Sea Blue" ROM, to discover differences.] .... [UPDATE 2/6/09] [ I am shooting video of flashing now to version .16 ... the shooting's easy, it's the editing down to short length that takes too much time that I don't have right now.

26th January 2009, 01:21 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA

More
Manila 2D Specs and Build # / ROM AUTHOR: Microlab071966 (TP.Hà nội)
ROM HERALD_WWE_6.1.405.15_BUILD 21109-5.0.0.PV(Manila2D)
by Microlab071966 (TP.Hà nội)

For specs you must go to the PDAviet.net site, as directed by Sid_dominic56

26th January 2009, 05:48 PM |#3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 74

More
My post has grammatical errors.lol.
26th January 2009, 05:53 PM |#4  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 74

More
You did nothing wrong. The thing is that the rom you flashed does not have the Splash Scree(boot up screen),that is why it displays the old splash screen. Nothing to worry,you can have any splash screen.
26th January 2009, 06:32 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA

More
oh, excellent, thank you!
that explains it! ... I tried several times thnking i screwed up.

this is such a great ROM. i feel like I finally have a phone that just WORKS right out the gate. i may not even install ifonz now.

but for sure i will install icontact, i already installed pcm keyboard, which i find essential for finger usage.

thank you.
26th January 2009, 08:18 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talking
cool man thnx
26th January 2009, 10:48 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksite

Most of you know that PDAVIET, longtime member of XDA, withdrew postings of his newer ROMS here because, as stated on this final thread, posted by Sid_dominic56 :
Many Wing users here DO appreciate PDAViet's excellent ROMS; as can be seen in this December 28, 2008 XDA discussion: PDAVIET-ROM BUILD 20764.1.4.3.PV or Open Touch 7.7 . And since Sid dominic points us to the current versions, and all of these ROM discussions at XDA are outdated, it seems useful to have a thread to share installation & implementation issues of these Herald/Wing ROMS.

For those interested, the latest ROM is available from PDAViet.net here; and following those links, you will come to its download location.

My Question: The last ROM I had on my WING was ttrans Open Touch 6.5 .. but I flashed to this new TouchFLO 2D tonight. It works beautifully, but I am not sure what I did wrong in the installation process. When I soft-reset, the first splash-page I get is from the older ttrans ROM, but then it proceeds to load up TouchFLO 2D WM6.1 V6.1.405.15 just fine. What does this indicate? And do I need to start over again?

P.S. -- I shot video of this entire installation process from previous ROM, to downloading new one, to installing -- as a helpful guide to new users. As soon as I edit it, i will post to YouTube and link here.

Yeah I had the same problem. Fortunately I'd already read your comment so I wasn't alarmed when it happened. So far so good. Seems to move a lil more faster than the last.
27th January 2009, 12:08 AM |#8  

More
Oh yeah....
I did notice that the "voice recorder" app won't open up. I really need that cause I make music and also write and sometimes when I get an idea and don't have something to write with I just say or hum it in the voice recorder, so it would be REALLY nice if there was a fix for that. Thanks.
27th January 2009, 03:09 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA

More
deleted by author
27th January 2009, 03:26 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA

More
Re: Hi, I have question re PDAViet TF2D Rom; I see you run it
I think this should be okay to share since XDA is about leveraging knowledge. I asked an active user of PDAViet's TouchFLO 2D if he thought it would be a good choice for me for my desire to run ifonz app launcher. His reply indicates no... since it is not a lite rom.
Quote:

holiday5804
Re: Hi, I have question re PDAViet TF2D Rom; I see you run it
The PDA-Viet rom I was using was the second version from the thread opened by sid_domonic56. The thread is now closed, but you should still be able to get the rom and I also believe someone else opened a thread with one that was more updated, but I could be wrong. I would not recommend the Pda-Viet rom if you are using the ifonez theme. It is not a lite rom, even though the memory specs are pretty nice. I am unsure if you could load two good sized today programs on the phone, unless you can run ifonez from your sd card. I've never used it so I am not sure how that program works. My recommendation would be to stay with 6.5 lite, as I believe 7.7 has too many bugs and memory drain issues. Otherwise, I would look into Ivan's just 2 clean rom as it about as stripped down as you can get and should run pretty fast. Hope this helps.

So, has Ivan's just2clean been updated lately, to move to newer builds of the OS?

Also, though I understand ttrans' OT v 7.7 is still buggy, i have heard you and others rec his v 7.4... which I believe is a lite rom. So, is 7.4 a lighter or higher performing rom than OT 6.5?
27th January 2009, 06:25 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksite

i have not yet explored the whole rom, but i am findit without a lot of memory to open up more than 1, maybe 2, apps at a time. this was the basic problem with the stock t-mobile rom... almost useless for rapid switching between open apps.

would you consider trying this other similar rom for COMPARATIVE PURPOSES, to see if voice recorder works, etc?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=469522

also it would be great if we could get pureskillz to BENCHMARK TEST these 2 roms, and compare to the field of more established roms here at xda.

I am pretty sure i want to run ifonz vs Today screen or other nav scheme, and that means I need a LITE version of a ROM, but hopefully a contemporary version with a newer build... so i can then a la carte add apps -- such as dumping audio manager for Nitrogen, Thumbcal for windows calendar, iContact for windows contact mgr, opera mini vs clunky IE, etc.

So, for me if i had a fast windows shell that looked like this, but very stripped down re built in apps, that 's what i need.

Also, can someone define for me very specifically: what is "manila", what is TouchFLO 2D VS 3D, and how do they relate, if they do at all.

I'll try it perhaps when I get home tomorrow and let you know if I notice any differences between the 2.
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
herald, pdaviet, touchflo 2d, windows 6.1, wing
Previous Thread Next Thread