---> Youtube video preview. <---
Due to Manila 2 being released and ported, I've stopped development on this application. Thanks for the nice comments and dedication!
I loved the idea of a properly working landscape mode, but it did not yet work the way I liked it.
Hence, I checked out their code, see what they found and created and built my own landscape mode.
For a good part using their files, I built most of my own code from the ground up.
This is - in my perspective - the best part of XDA, building upon the work of others, sharing knowledge, making the best out of all we got.
Now, it's time to share!
** NOTE: Before updating, always uninstall previous versions to avoid conflict! **
- Replaced calculator with htcCalculator.
- Fixed buttonpress highlight bug.
- Optimized script code with subroutines.
- Reskinned the menu
- Added an option to turn off the landscape mode (hold left button, toggle).
- Updated X1BC to 1.1
- Fixed camera button bug
- Fixed startup error (shortcuts removed)
- Added manual shortcuts to program folder in startmenu
- Fixed script reinitialization after manila restart.
- Fixed calculator issues (I hope)
- Digitally signed calculator.exe, should work on every device now.
- Fixed an issue where secondtoday.exe would not properly run when starting landscape mode whilst inside an application.
- Fixed a file path in the landscape mortscript.
- Fixed calculator path issue.
- Worked around compatibility with AE button plus. Currently no HW button support when AE button plus is installed. You will not be able to rotate the screen manually without my script.
- Fixed camera issue where it would place the phone in portrait mode whilst camera app is always landscape, displacing the buttonpresses.
- Fixed calculator skin problem, registry files now correctly tell the app it's using png files.
- Fixed compatibility issue with SSMaPa where _mpman.exe wasn't recognized as being Manila.
- More code optimization
- Moved it back to the windows folder to prevent HTCAlbum picture issues.
- Added HW button support using JkingDev's X1BC.
- Exiting an application whilst in landscape mode will now return you to the landscape menu.
- Removed Contacts and Calendar buttons. The softkeys beneath the menu fulfill these functions.
- Added camera and album buttons.
- Improved the script code to make it able to deal with more exceptions
- Added new wvga landscape calculator (some graphic issues still exist with it, but all functions work).
- Now localization independant (installs to windows folder instead of program files)
- Now waits for manila to restart when it ends and loops the script back up when it does. (effectively makes it restart after using panels)
Integrated Application Modules: (so you don't have to install these apps seperately)
- X1BC v1.1
- HTC Calculator (WVGA & Scientific in landscape)
1. Messages, opens outlook.
2. Calculator, starts the calculator.
3. Camera, opens the camera application.
4. Internet, starts opera.
5. Album, opens HTC album.
6. Media, starts windows media player.
7. Notes, opens the notes application.
8. Files, starts the file manager.
- Download AnX1 TF3D Landscape v2.5x.zip
- Unzip the .cab file onto your phone memory or storage card.
- Run the cabinet file and install to phone memory.
- Reboot your phone.
- Slide out the keyboard or hold the right HW button for half a second and enjoy!
- Hold the left HW button to toggle the application from showing.
Modification and Skins:
To install the Shadowsong Skin, download and run the attached AnX1 Landscape TF3D v2.5x Shadowsong Skin.cab
There are many things you can do with this installation, as it incorporates not only a landscape menu, but also utilizes other applications to run.
Two of these in specific are easily customizable, so I will give a short summary of what you can do to change this landscape mode.
My application will install to your phone in the folder \AnX1.
There you will find a folder named "Modules".
This folder contains all the different apps that my application uses.
When you open the rlToday folder you will find a dll, an ini file and two folders containing skin files.
To edit the skin, create a new folder, create a skin using my existing skins as template and copy it in there with the skin.xml file.
To modify the skin displayed and what programs the landscape menu launches, modify: "\AnX1\Modules\rlToday\rlToday.ini"
The lines in that ini file will speak for themselves.
This is how you set the skin to "Shadowsong" now, there is no longer a seperate cab.
X1BC was created by JKingDev.
In his thread you will find what the different registry keys do and how you can make it work the way you want it to.
I've configured it to catch a long keypress from the right HW button and make it shift to landscape mode, a long keypress on the left button toggles the landscape mode, enable/disable.
See this thread for more information on how to edit your HW keybinds.
- A 3px line showing whatever is under the application still shows. Can't seem to fix this one easily.
Mort - Mortscript
Chi-Tai Dang - Secondtoday
Andre Adrian - rlToday
Mbarvian - rlToday Landscape
JkingDev - X1BC
Chalid - Landscape port to X1
panosha - WVGA Calculator
Karlson2k - Animation enhancing
turnstar - €5,-