FORUMS

How to create update script

206 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By sangeet.003, Retired Recognized Developer on 31st January 2009, 02:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I dont know how to create update script till now i used to edit some ones update script so i need a tutorial on making update script...
31st January 2009, 07:00 PM |#2  
Flag San Tan Valley, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Update script? if you are asking for what I think you are you need to learn bash scripting. If not, you should clarify what you want when asking a question.
31st January 2009, 07:03 PM |#3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I think perhaps he means themes? If so, use the search key
31st January 2009, 09:08 PM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrift

Update script? if you are asking for what I think you are you need to learn bash scripting. If not, you should clarify what you want when asking a question.

If you're thinking what I'm thinking that you are thinking about what he is thinking..

the update-script file in an update.zip isn't a bash script . It sorta looks like one, but it actually contains commands that are interpreted by the recovery program.
31st January 2009, 09:09 PM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangeet.003

I dont know how to create update script till now i used to edit some ones update script so i need a tutorial on making update script...

Assuming you mean update-script in an update.zip update, you will need to either look at existing update-script files for an example of the syntax, or look at the source of the recovery program in the android source
1st February 2009, 01:13 AM |#6  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Badlapur
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Thanks JesusFreke U got my point...
20th June 2009, 04:40 AM |#7  
Flag 50th
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Bump
I too would like info on this. I'm wondering if its at all possible to alter the update script to install 3rd party apps into /data/app and /data/app-private. I've tried placing 3rd party apps into one of the Dude's roms(i think, can.'t remember exactly which rom it was), but I didn't install my 3rd party app. Yes, I did resign the update.

So if someone could help me with this, i would be really grateful. I'd like to make one script to load just /data and another to be included with my usual update.zip's.

I really enjoy the fact that my phone is so customizable, but those 3rd party apps make my custom themes sooooo ugly. i don't mind taking the time to pull apps and theme them, but reinstalling them is a pain. I know there is a windows utility for reinstalling apps, but I'd rather just flash /data.... is this even possible?

Anywho, if any of you "smart" guys around here could help me with this, I would be such a happy droid.
20th June 2009, 05:27 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybueno

I too would like info on this. I'm wondering if its at all possible to alter the update script to install 3rd party apps into /data/app and /data/app-private. I've tried placing 3rd party apps into one of the Dude's roms(i think, can.'t remember exactly which rom it was), but I didn't install my 3rd party app. Yes, I did resign the update.

So if someone could help me with this, i would be really grateful. I'd like to make one script to load just /data and another to be included with my usual update.zip's.

I really enjoy the fact that my phone is so customizable, but those 3rd party apps make my custom themes sooooo ugly. i don't mind taking the time to pull apps and theme them, but reinstalling them is a pain. I know there is a windows utility for reinstalling apps, but I'd rather just flash /data.... is this even possible?

Anywho, if any of you "smart" guys around here could help me with this, I would be such a happy droid.

update-script can put things into data, yes. Just create a data folder in your zip file and include the relevant lines in the script:

copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:
copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:
20th June 2009, 06:46 AM |#9  
Flag 50th
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thank you! you sir, are a kind person. I will try this tonight and report my findings afterward!
20th July 2009, 10:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
bringing this thread back from the dead. I need help, if somebody could point to how to use set_permission and why all the symlinking toolbox and busybox (i understand busybox is not part of the regular android package) to other tools already in bin. Also, maybe pointers of what the tools in bin do and if i could remove them after including busybox since they're already in busybox anyway
13th December 2009, 02:20 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how about removing a file?
would it be 'remove system:app:mms.apk'
would that work?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)