FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2009/02/15 v0.6] G-Profile: an appointment (& more) -based profile switcher

638 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By ageye, Senior Member on 1st February 2009, 11:34 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Hello again!

Some users of G-Alarm asked me, if I can make a profile switcher for Windows Mobile devices...

Here it is: G-Profile



Features:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gprofile/about

Todo list:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gprofile/todo

Changelog:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gprofile/changelog

Screenshots:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gprofile/screens

Download:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=download


AppToDate users:







.
 
 
1st February 2009, 12:01 PM |#2  
deuzeff's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Again somthing which is going to become a must-have ?

Thanks age.
1st February 2009, 12:32 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Yep Yep. Another great idea, which probably is gonna be a great application.
I feel more and more happy I donated you some coffee. A great coder like you should be rewarded!
1st February 2009, 02:23 PM |#4  
daan4suz's Avatar
Member
Flag Dusseldorf
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi Ageye,

Just started to try your G-alarm and now you start something great like this. I will for sure use this. So will start trying and give you some feedback for improvements and bugs.

Don't worry about the eye candy yet, first get it functional and bug free

Some observations:
- the current version seems to have no default profile. (like: if no rules apply, use default profile)
- If there is a time profile, there is only a starting time to be set, if there is a default profile (see first point), it would work well to have a time slot - meaning beginning and ending time - and after this time slot, it would switch back to default profile

Some first things to consider to add:
- It would be handy to have a default profile setting. Meaning a profile that would be set, when no other profiles rules are met.
- with appointment based profile, it would be good to add the possibility to use privacy of appointments. As I use my agenda for both work as well as private. However I don't want my phone to go to vibrate during a private appointment, as it needs to do during a business appointment.
That is where using the privacy would come in and make sure that only appointments with no privacy are used for switching to this profile.

No bugs to report yet
Hope this helps any.

Daan
1st February 2009, 02:38 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Red face More flexibility
Nice app...installed on Polaris and works although would like to see more improvements...

a) For the Volume, rather than specifying Normal, Vibrate, Soft - I would like to like to see the slider to increase/decrease the volume level to the amount I want for each profile...

b) I do nott know if this is possible or not - but if a command line interface can be integrated to switch profiles then - imagine the flexibilty covered. Apps like UL, TC and other UI's used for daily use can open up immense doors...once command, one icon and profile changes !!

c) Specifying of differnet Ringtones, Alerts for different profiles...

my 2p thoughts on the to do lists...a) and c) is already available on Profiles for Windows Mobile - but b) is something that would really benefit!
1st February 2009, 03:15 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
feature request
hi

great thing as i have wnated soemthing liek this for a while

but it would be good for it to be able to switch if a bluetooth headset or wired headset is plugged in.

also for this it would be good to have to weighting system whereby this would override a profile that would have been in use already.

cheers for the app interesting to see what the future hold for it.
1st February 2009, 03:18 PM |#7  
Alkhal's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Down South
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thumbs up
Yes you are on a trail to take over the mobile world..
Great idea..
1st February 2009, 03:20 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
G-Alarm is one of the BEST softwares ihave used on any windows platform...BRILLIANT!

Keep it up!

Regards
hotdoc0
1st February 2009, 03:23 PM |#9  
ageye's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ulm
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
some observations:
appointment based profiles seem to work. Unfortunately time scheduled profiles don't work when the device is in standby mode for too long time. Will fix this severe bug asap.


Quote:
Originally Posted by daan4suz

Some observations:
- the current version seems to have no default profile. (like: if no rules apply, use default profile)
- If there is a time profile, there is only a starting time to be set, if there is a default profile (see first point), it would work well to have a time slot - meaning beginning and ending time - and after this time slot, it would switch back to default profile

Some first things to consider to add:
- It would be handy to have a default profile setting. Meaning a profile that would be set, when no other profiles rules are met.
- with appointment based profile, it would be good to add the possibility to use privacy of appointments. As I use my agenda for both work as well as private. However I don't want my phone to go to vibrate during a private appointment, as it needs to do during a business appointment.
That is where using the privacy would come in and make sure that only appointments with no privacy are used for switching to this profile.

@1: default profile - good idea. G-Profile has already this function but only very basic. If there is no active profile and there is an appointment it remembers the default values and restores them afterwards...
But you're right: a default profile is important...
@2: time profiles will be improved in some later version with many different time patterns (similar to G-Alarm)
@3: privacy of appts: unfortunately this requires some more work because this is not in the registry but in pocketoutlook itself. I'll add it - promised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devdarshan

Nice app...installed on Polaris and works although would like to see more improvements...

a) For the Volume, rather than specifying Normal, Vibrate, Soft - I would like to like to see the slider to increase/decrease the volume level to the amount I want for each profile...

b) I do nott know if this is possible or not - but if a command line interface can be integrated to switch profiles then - imagine the flexibilty covered. Apps like UL, TC and other UI's used for daily use can open up immense doors...once command, one icon and profile changes !!

c) Specifying of differnet Ringtones, Alerts for different profiles...

my 2p thoughts on the to do lists...a) and c) is already available on Profiles for Windows Mobile - but b) is something that would really benefit!

a) There are already volume sliders which are only visible when you specifiy "Normal"
b) very good idea. Of course, this is possible! I will add this feature...
c) different ringtones: good idea, which alerts do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris10230

but it would be good for it to be able to switch if a bluetooth headset or wired headset is plugged in.

also for this it would be good to have to weighting system whereby this would override a profile that would have been in use already.

I: headset/handsfree profiles will come soon...
II: I don't really understand the meaning? do you mean that an profile which may not override other profiles can only be activated when the default profile is set?


-----------------------------


some other questions:
I'm not really sure if the wifi control works on every device - have you any problems to report, yet?
I wrote down all of your ideas, maybe I can release some features soon... First of all there will be bugfixing and some new important features. Afterwards there will be some gui improvements...
1st February 2009, 03:29 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ageye

some observations:

II: I don't really understand the meaning? do you mean that an profile which may not override other profiles can only be activated when the default profile is set?

i mean that if you one set on an appointment rule set up and then you were to plug in a headset that the headset rule would over be favoured over the appointment rule.

Useful if a lecture ends early i dont need to mannually put up the volume again it will just be done by the new profile being selected.
1st February 2009, 05:02 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Wink
b) very good idea. Of course, this is possible! I will add this feature...

** Thanks - Am sure this will really benefit.

c) different ringtones: good idea, which alerts do you mean?

** By Alerts - what I meant was to be able to change the tones for SMS/MMS/Ringtones etc - this way - let's say - when I am at work - I could change the tones to something decent/soft and while with friends/outside - I could have other ringtones/alerts.

Rgs/Dev
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ageye, g-profile, gprofile, profile, switcher
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes