TouchFlo Detacher is yet another way to simultaneously have TouchFlo 3D / 2D and the regular Today screen. Previous excellent solutions include SecondToday and ManilaControl.
TFD development is hosted at Microsoft CodePlex! http://www.codeplex.com/TFDetacher
Like this app? Want more like it or quicker updates? Tip a buck (or Euro or Pound or whatever) or two to help the author out! Click here to make a safe donation via PayPal.
So what makes mine different? Well, my app is actually very similar to MastSogo's ManilaControl. The main difference is that I plan to actively develop it now for a while, whereas ManilaControl has been a bit frozen in development for a few months. Mine is also open source, licensed under the Ms-RL. Mine is on CodePlex, so download speeds should be much better than the average rapidshare link. Finally, mine is in English and not Spanish. :) Other than that, it's just another solution for the same problem!
I must give a hearty thank you and bow to MastSogo for inspiring me to work on this.
I believe I am using a similar technical solution to his, but mine is written from the ground up, so it shares no source code with his!
See it in action on the YouTubes
- Free up your Today screen by hosting Manila outside of the Today screen! TouchFlo Detacher can launch/show/hide/close Manila independent of any other Today screen settings. Now you can have your TouchFlo cake and eat it too! The most obvious use is to assign a soft key to toggle between seeing TouchFlo and seeing the regular Today screen.
- Supports TouchFlo 3D and TouchFlo 2D.
- NO ANNOYING SPLASH SCREEN when application launches.
- Configuration application allows advanced customizations so that this utility can be used with non-standard or untested Manila versions.
- Configuration application can clean out the ManilaActivateToday.exe from the notification queue. (That app can interefere with TouchFlo Detacher's operation.)
- Shortcuts to start/show Manila, hide Manila, toggle (show/hide) Manila, and close Manila. These can be assigned to hardware buttons (if your device has them), to virtual hardware buttons through the use of 3rd party applications such as AE Button Plus, or to gestures using 3rd party applications such as FTouchSL.
- Configuration application can customize the softkeys in both Today and TouchFlo's Home tab. You can use it to not only assign TouchFlo Detacher operations (show/hide/close), but any other application on your device.
- Launch an application after TouchFlo launches... Such as SSMaHo. It's easy. Create an attach link in SSMaHo. Put the attach link in the config: \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SSMaHo Attach.lnk
- On the Touch HD, the home hardware button does not return to the Manila "home" tab. This does not happen on the Pro or Diamond. Workaround: none. Scheduled fix: unknown.
- Sometimes the clock on the TouchFlo home page will stop and go out of sync with the real time. Workaround: hide and then show manila. I may need to create a scheduled task that can do that as an automatic workaround once per day for those experiencing the problem. Scheduled fix: unknown.
18.104.22.168 STABLE FINAL - Fixed bugs in 22.214.171.124; Added ability to launch an app after TouhcFlo launches.
126.96.36.199 BETA - The first version of TFD that no longer requires a pseudo-service. All functionality should be identical to 188.8.131.52, otherwise.
184.108.40.206 STABLE - The "hide then show" workaround wasn't working in some instances, so I put extra detection code in to determine the current state of Manila before issuing the hide/show commands. If this doesn't work, I can add customizable delays. Also added AppToDate support!
220.127.116.11 STABLE - First release I am considering stable! It is identical to the very tested 18.104.22.168 except for one new feature. When you start the TFDService you can now optionally have it hide and then show Manila immediately. It does this VERY quickly, so you may not even notice it happening on screen. This is done so as a workaround some users are having where they cannot access the phone until Manila is hidden at least one time. Very odd behavior. It is working perfectly in my tests, but please let me know if this workaround doesn't work for you.
22.214.171.124 Beta - TF2D support I think is finally complete! Please test! New layout for TFDConfig. Standard and advanced options are now in separate tabs. More advanced options for alternate Manila configurations. Fixed bug in config where a crash could happen when you tried removing ActivateManilaToday. Toggle TouchFlo command is now available (note: this toggles show/hide, NOT show/close).
126.96.36.199 Beta - New language-neutral detection of Manila process and window handles (no longer need to know titles!). Fixed (hopefully) bug where the softkeys sometimes didn't hide correctly. Window class "search" is no longer case sensitive. Optional delay when starting Manila at system start-up (attempting to work around issue where Manila won't launch on startup).
188.8.131.52 Beta - Confg app can now start the service. The service has better error reporting. Config app can remove TouchFlo today item. No need to soft reset! TouchFlo 2D support (maybe - I'm trying!). Some crappy icons ;) ... Service detects if TouchFlo Today item is enabled. Link to start and stop the service. Fixed installer bugs. Bug fixes!
184.108.40.206 Beta (aka BETA1) - Initial release
CAB Installer: http://www.codeplex.com/TFDetacher/R...tReleases.aspx
Source Code: http://www.codeplex.com/TFDetacher/S...leCommits.aspx
As explained on CodePlex...
1. Install the CAB
2. Run TFDConfig (important!!!)
3. Enable all the standard Today Items you want to use
4. Do not re-enable TouchFlo in the Today items (if you do, it will undo all your other Today plugins and your device might freeze up, requiring a soft reset)
Windows Mobile 6.1
.Net Compact Framework 2.0
A device that runs TouchFlo3D (Manila) or TouchFlo2D (Manila2D).